Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Came back from walk. Saw an NAD CD Player at a second hand store for $5.95 but it didn't have a remote. -20 pounds has been reached. My short term goal is a couple more pounds to get below 260 ... then ... it's a celebration.

Last edited by a moderator:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Everytime I run REW i end up throwing in Gladiator... MCAAC says its the best movie ever... I have to agree...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Came back from walk. Saw an NAD CD Player at a second hand store for $5.95 but it didn't have a remote. -20 pounds has been reached. My short term goal is a couple more pounds to get below 260 ... then ... it's a celebration.
No remote? Trying to lose weight? I don't understand why you didn't jump at that deal.:confused::D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
You should have bought the NAD !!!!!!

Congrats on the 20 pounds.... wow Impressive !!!!!!!!!!!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
NAD CD Player

I didn't know if it worked.
I didn't want to carry it 1.5 miles.
I didn't need a CD player.

If anybody here wants it I'll buy it for you and ship it.
What's that? *crickets* Yeah, that's what I thought.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

For $5.95, who cares if it worked - you should've bought it out of curiosity.
You need the exercise.
This Audioholics! What does need have to do with anything!?

And no, I don't want or need it...;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I almost ordered a Weed Dragon this morning, but decided to just order a sprayer after reading that white vinegar should kill weeds. Honestly, if I had a full propane tank, I'd probably be torching those bad boys tomorrow...but spraying vinegar does seem a bit easier. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My bird seed for doves arrived last night, and I just sprinkled some out on the lawn. I'm eager to see if they like it.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
My bird seed for doves arrived last night, and I just sprinkled some out on the lawn. I'm eager to see if they like it.
You are really taking this whole natural eating thing a little far. :eek: I like dove as much as the next guy, but it seems a little extreme to bait them with bird seed in your own back yard. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
For $5.95, who cares if it worked - you should've bought it out of curiosity.
You need the exercise.
This Audioholics! What does need have to do with anything!?

And no, I don't want or need it...;)
Normally I don't pay any attention to the things you suggest and now I know why. :eek: :D :p

I walked my fat @ss back up there with connectors, adapters and an extension cord in tow to wire that thing up and see if it played. It took a minute to open and then it closed up right away. It was pretty cool though because the whole face opened up and it was a 3 CD player. I got it to open and stay open on my second try.

Anyway I had it hooked up to a Kenwood mini system and some stupid little speakers but after loading it with 3 CD's and hitting play (oh yeah, the tray that holds the CD's rises, rotates and then sinks back down into position - too cool) Jose Carreras' voice starts singing Mille Cherubini. I got an instant woody ... but when I pressed the button for it to skip to the next disc it refused to play another note. I tried everything I could think of but it was a complete fail. NAD sucks. :p

Instead I bought Carreras-Domingo-Pavarotti CD and a handful of albums including this:

I had fun. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm going to steam some asparagus tonight - first time for me cooking that stuff. I just researched how to cut/peel it first.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Last night I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some treats for Niki, and I noticed that they still had some of their Moscato wine that I tried and liked in December. So, I snagged eight bottles (they're only 375mL bottles). The woman at the checkout counter started ringing up the wine and asked me, "What are you going to do with all this?" The answer seemed pretty obvious to me, and I wasn't even trying to be a smart-a**, but I guess she took it that way based on her reaction when I looked up and said, "Well...I was planning on drinking it." :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If you love wine, I suggest trying this.
Hey, thanks! I'll see if that's around here. I like sweeter wines like Moscato...and I gravitate to the $6-$10/bottle varieties. The Trader Joe's version is equivalent to $10 for 750mL, so at the top of my normal scale, but it has more flavor than the others that I get.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

I didn't know if it worked: Does it matter?

I didn't want to carry it 1.5 miles: You're lazy, you need some excersizes....

I didn't need a CD player: Everyone needs a CD player :p

Excuses.... Excuses.... Excuses....

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis