Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Normally I don't pay any attention to the things you suggest and now I know why. :eek: :D :p

I walked my fat @ss back up there with connectors, adapters and an extension cord in tow to wire that thing up and see if it played. It took a minute to open and then it closed up right away. It was pretty cool though because the whole face opened up and it was a 3 CD player. I got it to open and stay open on my second try.

Anyway I had it hooked up to a Kenwood mini system and some stupid little speakers but after loading it with 3 CD's and hitting play (oh yeah, the tray that holds the CD's rises, rotates and then sinks back down into position - too cool) Jose Carreras' voice starts singing Mille Cherubini. I got an instant woody ... but when I pressed the button for it to skip to the next disc it refused to play another note. I tried everything I could think of but it was a complete fail. NAD sucks. :p

Instead I bought Carreras-Domingo-Pavarotti CD and a handful of albums including this:

I had fun. :)
Hey, you got some exercise out of it and for $5.95, you should be impressed that it worked at all! So, you're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't know if it worked: Does it matter?

I didn't want to carry it 1.5 miles: You're lazy, you need some excersizes....

I didn't need a CD player: Everyone needs a CD player :p

Excuses.... Excuses.... Excuses....
My apologies, I see you checked the player again, anyways Nad's don't las forever it seems....

Perhaps you should check this instead? :cool:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Eh, we all know that I fear women. :eek: Well, cute ones.
You're missing out on all of the abuse! The low opinions of others is of less importance when you understand that the truth is much worse than they could ever suspect.

Hey, you got some exercise out of it and for $5.95, you should be impressed that it worked at all! So, you're welcome.
Ah, yes of course ... where are my manners? Thank you! :)

That really was a cool machine and I'm glad I got a chance to check it out. It taught me something too. That stuff wears out. I ended up spending less than 5 bucks for 7 LP's and a CD in there. All in all, a fine way to spend a few hours of my time.

I now own this on vinyl:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So, after Amazon jacked up the prices on the knives that I was going to get my mom, I started looking around - and found what appear to be nicer Shun knives at Williams-Sonoma. I decided which ones that I was going to get...and nearly choked when I saw the $103 shipping charge. WTF?!? Then I saw that they have a program like Amazon Prime for $30/year. That's a no-brainer. I just can't effing believe that anyone would consider paying $100+ dollars to ship a set of knives.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
lol $103 shipping for some knives

anyway, i went grocery shopping today :)

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I hope everyone is doing well here. It seems this thread is as boring as ever.

I haven't posted in a while. Every time I think I am going to come back to posting full force, I realize it's just not going to happen. Maybe someday. It is a good thing I checked in today though. I got a post on my speaker sale thread. :D

It looks like there has been some drama resulting in the departure of our friend Jamie. That is a shame, but I definitely understand. I hope he is well.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I hope everyone is doing well here. It seems this thread is as boring as ever.

I haven't posted in a while. Every time I think I am going to come back to posting full force, I realize it's just not going to happen. Maybe someday. It is a good thing I checked in today though. I got a post on my speaker sale thread. :D

It looks like there has been some drama resulting in the departure of our friend Jamie. That is a shame, but I definitely understand. I hope he is well.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just bought my mom some knives for her birthday. Amazon kept jacking up the price on the Shun Premier line, so I went with another brand (Yoshihiro) that I think looks nice and that had good (few, but good) reviews. Hopefully she likes them, too.

Usaba

Gyoto

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
One other note on the knives - I got those particular ones because they are double-edged. My mom is left handed, and I've read that the single-edged versions wouldn't work very well for her (unless I could find a left-handed version). I hope that those handles are ambidextrous...they don't look totally round.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished cleaning the carpet in my great room. I've been wanting to do that for a couple of months...finally got around to it. It does make the texture look new again.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't had a single beer today. They don't sell beer here on Sundays and I forgot to get some. I feel like the floating sad face on the zoloft commercials.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
:eek: Do you have any aftershave and bread?

That there is reason enough to get the eff out of that state.
The aftershave isn't organic. Yep... I'm training the last client here on the processes for their stuff and then I'm out. Hopefully can get same type of work off the ground in Missouri. Certainly my network of people and resources is much much broader. Maybe I'll get a real job again, I just don't know. But yeah... having beer, restaurants, and culture anytime I need it will be nice.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
But yeah... having beer, restaurants, and culture anytime I need it will be nice.
Does the Fox and Hound really count as culture? Eh, no matter. The redhead is calling your name. Well, she's actually calling my name, but you can pretend if you want. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis