Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Great job, Robert! I feel like a kid at Christmas when I read about someone's dream speaker being found. You deserve these speakers buddy!
Yeah, Brandon, these were a Christmas Present....;)

I am esctactic to say the least, right now I am working up the Monitor review.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, Brandon, these were a Christmas Present....;)

I am esctactic to say the least, right now I am working up the Monitor review.
How do you think the Phil2 compare to all the speakers you've auditioned?

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
How do you think the Phil2 compare to all the speakers you've auditioned?
Man, that is a loaded question, since it has been so long for some of the speakers. But, I would say they compare with the Soundscape/Songtower/N3 Towers. More like the SS and Songtower which are very, very well designed speakers.

At the time of listening to the N3s, I was actually auditioning the GR Research N2X monitors, which I was interested in, not towers. But, I remember the N3s were very nice and sounded big and open. But, if I recall they were at that time almost as much as the 2s or the same price unless you built them yourself. I do have a friend in another state and he swares by the N3s and he is crazy about speakers.

That is why I and many others say, the bargain/performance makes these 2s a desirable pair.

Most importantly...... what makes all of this work sound superb, is the meticulously designed crossover, which I believe is the basis for the Philharmonic 2s outstanding audio performance.

My ears are my tools and they work nicely with the Phillys!:D I also believe that some of the speakers I heard were good for what they were, but, lacking in bass, or superior highs or solid midrange, something was always missing, but with any of them with the proper equipment/music can sound awesome.

I believe the Philharmonic speakers, to me and my ears offer all the ingredients that the others lacked at some form or another!

Maybe soon there will be someone in your area owning a pair that you can auditdion.

Hope this helps....a little!

Rob

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
^ That person will be him (Philly 3's).:)
Ha Ha!!! your right, forgot!!!! :confused:
Doh!:D

Yes. I have to wait for Del to finish his 4th day of polishing after applying the 10th layer of lacquer to the 20th layer of beech.:eek::D

I'm hoping Dennis will have a beautiful woman with red fingernails to assemble the drivers and place the logos on the speakers.:eek::D

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Doh!:D

Yes. I have to wait for Del to finish his 4th day of polishing after applying the 10th layer of lacquer to the 20th layer of beech.:eek::D

I'm hoping Dennis will have a beautiful woman with red fingernails to assemble the drivers and place the logos on the speakers.:eek::D
Uh, sure. That's the ticket. We have a bevy of beauties here at the Philharmonic Industrial Complex. PM me concerning the surcharge....

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Dennis

Uh, sure. That's the ticket. We have a bevy of beauties here at the Philharmonic Industrial Complex. PM me concerning the surcharge....
I heard those female DC cabbies are hot this time of year, AcuDefTechGuy shouldn't worry about a buff here and there :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Those new Philharmonics are freaking beautiful.
Can't wait to see the picture of my Philharmonic 3 speakers on Dennis's website.

High-gloss polished mahogany with multiple layers of lacquer. Fully embellished with front, back, and top grills. No really. I'm serious here on this one. No crying wolf this time. :cool:

We might even see some pretty red fingernails in the pictures.:eek::D (OK now I'm joking):D

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Can't wait to see the picture of my Philharmonic 3 speakers on Dennis's website.

High-gloss polished mahogany with multiple layers of lacquer. Fully embellished with front, back, and top grills. No really. I'm serious here on this one. No crying wolf this time. :cool:

We might even see some pretty red fingernails in the pictures.:eek::D (OK now I'm joking):D
Can't wait to see them, and hearing your comments on their performance in your listening area.:)

Almost finished with the Philharmonitor review!!!:)

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General

I do my fingernails in blue. And I'm not changing that for you.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Update Phil3 Upper Cabinets

Del just sent me an update photo. It's the upper cabinet.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General

I'll probably be picking them up (the uppers) this weekend to get a head start on installing the foam liner and mounting the drivers. They certainly are shiny. But how is Uncle Dennis going to get the big hog shiny lower cabinets out of the shop, into the Wehawken Warehouse, through the assembly and testing process, and out to you without putting a scratch in all that shine? This wasn't my idea. I wonder if they sell High Gloss Insurance policies.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'll probably be picking them up (the uppers) this weekend to get a head start on installing the foam liner and mounting the drivers. They certainly are shiny. But how is Uncle Dennis going to get the big hog shiny lower cabinets out of the shop, into the Wehawken Warehouse, through the assembly and testing process, and out to you without putting a scratch in all that shine? This wasn't my idea. I wonder if they sell High Gloss Insurance policies.
I have to admit I was blown away when I saw that picture.:D

And it's only a picture.

That high-gloss is at least as impressive as my Salon2 & KEF Reference. If not more impressive.

Not to put any pressure on you or anything. It is a beaut.:D:D

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
I have to admit I was blown away when I saw that picture.:D

And it's only a picture.

That high-gloss is at least as impressive as my Salon2 & KEF Reference. If not more impressive.

Not to put any pressure on you or anything. It is a beaut.:D:D
No Pr Pr Pr Pressure.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja

That is a gorgeous finish. I will have to copy it... it looks like it would match the red SEOS perfectly.

I probably won't gloss the backside though. All that rubbing is hard work. :D

Mika75

Mika75

Audioholic
Welcome to Philharmonic Audio Loudspeakers. If you are an audio enthusiast who values serious engineering more than exotic wires, designer capacitors, or cabinetry fashion statements, you have come to the right place.
..am I the only one who sees the irony :rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis