Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Our favorite poster is replying in the Velodyne thread. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Okay, not really. I'm sitting where I normally do.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, he/she's been at it for over 15 minutes. I hope it doesn't suck. I'm getting tired.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Seriously, Adam. You have no life.

:D

Time to take a drive across the country.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

That's right...none of this Happy Holidays garbage.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Niki is snoozing pretty soundly. She's been really hungry the past couple of days, which I don't really understand because she's clearly not wasting away. So, I gave her a bunch extra tonight, and she's sleeping it off.

Well, until 5 or 6am when she decides that it's time for both of us to get up.
She's not eating for 2, is she? Or 5, or 6....?:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It's really nice on board a Volvo Open 70
Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | Boat Design

Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | A vicious smelling circle

Have you ever considered splashing a few drops of Tabasco sauce across your décolletage to improve your scent? Sounds disgusting, right? This is the point of desperation whiffy sailors have recently reached after 11 sweaty days at sea.

“One pungent smell compounded by another strong aroma often creates a super smell that can make your eyes water, or in some cases make you just flat out cry’’ - MCM Nick Dana

Almost every concoction, chemical and fluid on board has been considered as some kind of means to eliminate the manly odour that is emanating from the sailors’ suffocated pores with an almost visible waft.

Sure, baby-wipes and deodorant are helpful, but they are no match for the funk of 11 men confined inside a Volvo Open 70 without a shower, Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing’s Media Crew Member Nick Dana said.

“One pungent smell compounded by another strong aroma often creates a super smell that can make your eyes water, or in some cases make you just flat-out cry,’’ Dana said.

The opportunity to open the hatch and let some much needed fresh air inside the cabin has been somewhat limited Dana said, as the team have been forced to put a mesh curtain across the opening to stop water from washing inside.

“We trap the mank of 11 men, 11 sets of wet foul weather gear, and at least 11 portions of freeze dried food that no one will touch due to the surrounding stench,’’ he said.

At the same time the team are nearing the equator, temperatures are soaring and the stench is gaining a life of its own. The increasing problem has led several team members to explore their options.

Watch leader Craig Satterthwaite has gone for a simple solution. “I use about a half bottle of baby powder for fast effective relief,” he said. But his team mates have shaken their head in disapproval.

Bowman Wade Morgan suggested the team accept the odour. “I just embrace my sweet smell, it’s easier to come to terms with it than it is to fight it,’’ he said.

Perhaps the most curious of considerations documented by Dana was that of, also known as Junior.

“I even noticed Junior one day smelling himself, then smelling the Tabasco sauce, smelling himself again, and then staring at the Tabasco sauce with a very deranged look,’’ he noted.

As for Dana, well he says he has succumbed to the inevitable. “It’s a never ending battle, but a losing one if you ask me,’’ he said. “In fact, when you think about it, the harder you work to combat it, the more you probably perspire and in turn stink!”

It’s a vicious, and very smelly, circle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I had a banana and some walnuts ... and some water.
Boy was that good. :rolleyes:
Were they the $10/lb organic walnuts from Hole Foods?(see what I did there)
No doubt the shells are recycled into recreational room flooring.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've been awake for over an hour, and this in only my fourth post.

And to think you all call me a whore. :eek:

Then again, I guess posting about posting is kinda slutty. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My new magazines shipped out of Texas early this morning. I just might have me a Christmas present if FedEx/USPS is earlier than expected.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Were they the $10/lb organic walnuts from Hole Foods?(see what I did there)
Swerd calls them Whole Paycheck.

damn spell check...:D
If donuts were beers you wouldn't make fun. :p

I haven't heard my blower struggling ...
Oh, well in that case ... :rolleyes:

I don't think you're likely to hear your blower struggle but think about how much more restrictive your filters are and how much more quickly that would fill them with trapped particles and how much more restrictive that would make them. It could probably be expressed in some mathematical formula where your filters that are rated at double the microparticles clog up in one quarter the time. Yep, true fact I just made up.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...but think about how much more restrictive your filters are and how much more quickly that would fill them with trapped particles and how much more restrictive that would make them.
So, the logic is that it's better to get a filter that doesn't work well because then it won't fill up? :D Just take the filter out, then. That fits the model of cheaper with better air flow. ;)

It could probably be expressed in some mathematical formula...
Did you just say...did Alex just say..."mathematical?" :eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think you're likely to hear your blower struggle but think about how much more restrictive your filters are and how much more quickly that would fill them with trapped particles and how much more restrictive that would make them. It could probably be expressed in some mathematical formula where your filters that are rated at double the microparticles clog up in one quarter the time. Yep, true fact I just made up.
For ultimate filtration, it would be a multi-stage design, with each stage more restrictive than the preceeding one. Great filtration - no clogs.;) Hey, we could have something here! Don't tell anybody; we might be able to patent the idea. So, keep it between us. Wait a minute...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I know that I've already posted this, but I just came across it again while perusing YouTube. Cracks me up every time. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
we might be able to patent the idea
I heard someone say that a patent is only worth what you are willing to pay to defend it.

Did you just say...did Alex just say..."mathematical?" :eek:
I've done a little math here and there. :D

I just had my girl watch that dog tease video. She liked that a lot.
See, Adam? You can make women happy with the help of a dog.
There's no need to take a gun when you walk yours.

Something tells me you don't change your filter all that often.
Just a hunch.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I've been awake for over an hour, and this in only my fourth post.

And to think you all call me a whore. :eek:

Then again, I guess posting about posting is kinda slutty. :D
Are you losing it Adam, your average posting frequency goes down now....
Are you getting back to Slumlord from..... Seriously, I have no life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis