Need Replacement for Zektor MAS7.1 Switcher

basspig

basspig

Full Audioholic
Seeing as the Zektor is discontinued, I need to find a replacement.

My requirements are:

3 inputs switching HDMI 1.3 spec, plus 3 inputs switching 7.1 analog audio through dry contacts (no op amps or active devices degrading the audio).

I found some cheap Chinese made switcher that only has one analog input, the MX0402-AU1, and most of its inputs are HDMI only. It converts HDMI audio to analog for the output analog jacks, but the manual I downloaded only talks about PCM digital audio. DTS and Dolby TrueHD are not mentioned, so if I play a disc with those formats, are the analog jacks silent?

The other main problem is bass management.. my center channel speaker only goes to 90Hz, and presently, my Oppo BDP-83 mixes the center channel output to the subwoofer or main speakers that have subwoofers and that works great. It's not clear that a HDMI audio decoder in a cheap Chinese switcher like this Grandbeing branded switcher would understand the Oppo's assignment of bass from the center channel to the mains.

The other concern is losing the potentially superior analog audio of the Oppo, using HDMI audio. I don't know how good the DACs in the cheap $299 switch would be.

With only one set of analog inputs, I am uncertain as to how that would work with three players having analog audio 7.1 outputs to be switched.

Does anyone else make a switcher that has 3 7.1 inputs to go with 3 HDMI 1.3 digital inputs?

basspig

basspig

Full Audioholic
Any luck find the 7.1 analog switcher?
Nope. Not on eBay, not in retail, so far. Zektor doesn't have any units in stock either.

I really needed it the other day when my Oppo 83 refused to play a recent BD title and I had to roll back to using my Sony player to play the disc. The prospect of pulling out two 72" Zero racks filled with power amplifiers, to get to the wiring so that I can move ten cables to the other player just didn't set well with me.

I have to have three players because 1) DVD multi-region, 2) BD #1 and 3) back up to the BD player in case a title won't play.

Someone ought to step in and fill this market gap!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis