Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm going to rant for a second.

I tiled our back splash in our kitchen last weekend and it turned out great. The problem is it killed my back and I've been laid up all week (old cycling injury). So now I'm on pain killers and muscle relaxers and will have an MRI next week. The real pain is I'm missing my weekly golf match!:mad: I've been playing fairly well and this was one of our major weeks so points are doubled. Back pain su&*s. I've played sports with broken bones, concussions and all sorts of cuts and bruises. Nothing is as debilitating as back spasms.

[/rant]
Sorry to hear, man.:(

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai

I tiled our back splash in our kitchen last weekend and it turned out great. The problem is it killed my back and I've been laid up all week (old cycling injury). So now I'm on pain killers and muscle relaxers and will have an MRI next week. The real pain is I'm missing my weekly golf match!:mad: I've been playing fairly well and this was one of our major weeks so points are doubled. Back pain su&*s. I've played sports with broken bones, concussions and all sorts of cuts and bruises. Nothing is as debilitating as back spasms.

[/rant]
Totally blows. That's what happens when you do work around the house and a major reason why I try to avoid it at all costs! (I say this keeping in mind I will be remodeling a hallway nook into a networking hub...time to price the drywall, wood, cables and connectors...)

-pat

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

[/rant]
F.ck-sticks!:eek: That blows chunks. :( I hope you get better soon.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Craig, having a tweaked back blows. I once made mine twinge reaching around and picking up an amp without thought to the weird force my twisted spine would imminently be under. That was about my favorite sore back story ever. Speedy recovery and all that.

I think I am going to get that amp (Walter's Carver) to power my subs with because the pro amp I am using makes too much fan noise and I don't need all the heat.

Yep ... I'm gonna get right on that ... soon ... :rolleyes:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Craig, having a tweaked back blows. I once made mine twinge reaching around and picking up an amp without thought to the weird force my twisted spine would imminently be under. That was about my favorite sore back story ever. Speedy recovery and all that.

I think I am going to get that amp (Walter's Carver) to power my subs with because the pro amp I am using makes too much fan noise and I don't need all the heat.

Yep ... I'm gonna get right on that ... soon ... :rolleyes:
With your mad soldering skills you could try your hand at making your own. :p

Seriously I really want to build my own sub amp, but my wife just might kill me if I start another project.

On a side note the Speaker Designer software is really coming along. I can't wait to use it to build something epic.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
my wife just might kill me if I start another project.
Not that it's in any way connected but GO-NAD! just might die if I
don't finish my first audio project ... you'r married to GO-NAD !!! :eek:

I know, I know ... you're both the husband. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Not that it's in any way connected but GO-NAD! just might die if I
don't finish my first audio project ... you'r married to GO-NAD !!! :eek:

I know, I know ... you're both the husband. :D
That's what he told you. But we all know who does the giving in this house.;)

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Homeslice is now Comptia A+ certified! Woo-hoo! Step 1 in the career transition.

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I done did it. Walter's Carver C-500 is powering up the subs. I hate to say it but I think it sounds better than the JBL MPC200 ... way better ... and it's got little red LED's that pulse with the output. Yes, this is for me. One thing for sure is that there's no fan noise and it's cool as a cucumber. BIA is playing. I am not a well man.

I'm eating chicken pizza thinking how good it would taste with bacon.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I done did it. Walter's Carver C-500 is powering up the subs. I hate to say it but I think it sounds better than the JBL MPC200 ... way better ... and it's got little red LED's that pulse with the output. Yes, this is for me. One thing for sure is that there's no fan noise and it's cool as a cucumber. BIA is playing. I am not a well man.

Bacon and Amps and Subs. You must be the wizard of AH.

Seriously deep fried bacon is the best.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Why are you thinking about it?! You'll build your own subs, but you won't add bacon to a pizza?

It's like I don't even know you any more...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Why are you thinking about it?!
Selective laziness and I don't buy the kind of bacon that I was thinking of. Once in a while I get the stuff from the Polish Deli but that's not pizza bacon. I didn't think to order it with bacon on it. What kind of person orders chicken with bacon on a pizza? :D

I'm going to go sleep the sleep of the audio obsessed. I'm thinking for sure I'll dream about it. Tomorrow I have to remove my cable box and return it since we got the FiOS. That's more monkeying around with the living room system. I need to install an HDMI switch out there anyway. Unfortunately I am sick of being on my knees already.

...later

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Selective laziness and I don't buy the kind of bacon that I was thinking of. Once in a while I get the stuff from the Polish Deli but that's not pizza bacon. I didn't think to order it with bacon on it. What kind of person orders chicken with bacon on a pizza? :D

I'm going to go sleep the sleep of the audio obsessed. I'm thinking for sure I'll dream about it. Tomorrow I have to remove my cable box and return it since we got the FiOS. That's more monkeying around with the living room system. I need to install an HDMI switch out there anyway. Unfortunately I am sick of being on my knees already.

...later
There's a joke in there somewhere...

....and you should be driving tomorrow morning.:eek::p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Alex is on his knees and not satiated by the meat he's eating.

Sounds like someone's getting flowers tomorrow.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was gone for over 17 months and still had in excess of 300 posts more than the next closest person in this thread, and it only existed for about three months before I left.

I know that I'm boring, but come on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis