rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Not really, but it is closer to the viewers than before, naturally. After the combination of perceived improvements, including additional light control by way of both black paint and fabrics, I think I have bigger fish to fry including color accuracy as well video processing for 1080i source material (let alone the lower resolutions). I can pick out 1080i instantly just about, let alone 480i stuff. My RS1 supposedly passed the deinterlacing tests, but my Pana BD60 must deinterlace before sending off video via HDMI, and who knows how the two compare.

I am happy with the compromise in size I now have, when considering both brightness and sharpness loss by going bigger. If I can fry those other fish, and was somehow able to obtain the disposable income to get some more brightness, maybe even with 4K resolution in the distant future just for discussion's sake, I wouldn't mind a touch bigger now that I think about it. Well if I had a lot of money, I'd probably go scope, which I know you're not crazy about in theory, but that's for a general compromise in going supersized + ideal viewing "height" + flexibility in placing my main speakers with the width I have (or specifically not worrying about the screen frame). Or something like that. Oh I dunno. :)
The Seymour XD is a killer screen and having the LCR's all the same size and behind the screen is (despite Wescotts comments :rolleyes::p), the only way to go ...

That in-wall/baffle wall AT screen discussion was interesting and I was going to chime in and mention Keith Yates (a fairly well know and credentialed Acoustician) preferred HT install has the LCR speakers sealed and flush in a front baffle wall behind an AT screen.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
They are not pretty, need a sub(s) and will not pass any WAF tests, but if you want IMAX like sound they are a good option and very reasonably priced (IMHO).
This pretty much says it all. Very dynamic. Hey Rob what's up? Long time no speak.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
This pretty much says it all. Very dynamic. Hey Rob what's up? Long time no speak.
Hey Rick, it has been a while and it's good to hear from you. Any changes to your setup? Are you still using the MA S6's?

Duffinator

Duffinator

Hey Rick, it has been a while and it's good to hear from you. Any changes to your setup? Are you still using the MA S6's?
Yeah pretty much everything is the same. My next DIY project is building a sub. I have a JBL SUB1500 on the way. I'm probably going to make it sealed as that's what it was designed for but it can be used ported as well. It's the same speaker used in the Revel Ultima Sub 15. And I've had a Boss 302 on order since November 19, 2010. :D

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1102_2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_test/index.html

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Yeah pretty much everything is the same. My next DIY project is building a sub. I have a JBL SUB1500 on the way. I'm probably going to make it sealed as that's what it was designed for but it can be used ported as well. It's the same speaker used in the Revel Ultima Sub 15. And I've had a Boss 302 on order since November 19, 2010. :D

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1102_2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_test/index.html
I'd like to see hear that sub when you are finished with the build.

Nice car!:cool:

Duffinator

Duffinator

You mother-f'in' SOB! What color did you get? Please tell me you didn't get the black with red stripes though.

Where is Roseville CA? Let me know when you get it, I'd love to check it out. I'll bring my 07 GT and we can go for a spirited drive. :cool:
I'm close to Woodcreek Golf Club. I ordered Kona Blue. Are you on any Mustang forums? I'm mainly on Boss Mustangs Online and The Mustang Source in the Boss 302 forum.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'm close to Woodcreek Golf Club. I ordered Kona Blue. Are you on any Mustang forums? I'm mainly on Boss Mustangs Online and The Mustang Source in the Boss 302 forum.
Yeah, I'm on Stangnet a lot and Corral.net every once in a while. Same handle, darien87.

916, so you're up by Sacramento. Not too long of a drive.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Well, since we are on a cars Jag (pun intended), here is my old guy sled. It's comfortable and pretty fast but not Mustang fast :p.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nice. I have Jaguar taste but a Hyundai budget D:

A car I would like to have:

The same kind of car I actually have:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Well, since we are on a cars Jag (pun intended), here is my old guy sled. It's comfortable and pretty fast but not Mustang fast :p.
Nice lookin' car. But your "hood ornament" needs to be wearing a lot less clothing. :p

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Here is a pic of the new front row seats. Got a great deal on these and now have upped the capacity by one to 7. They use a remote for the chair control which I'm not crazy about but the adjustable head rests are great especially for us tall folks. Poor leather color match with the back row but I have taken a value/function over form approach all along :).

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
The color match wouldn't bother me that much. The new seats look very plush and comfy.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic

Here's my pony. Paxton charged to a (hopefully) indestructible Eaton 4.10 spool, riding on QA1 full tubular.

But the real passion lies in restoring and building old cafe bikes

Duffinator

Duffinator

Rob I like the new seats.

Oh that's sweet. I've owned a bunch of motorcycles including a CB400F.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Here's my pony. Paxton charged to a (hopefully) indestructible Eaton 4.10 spool, riding on QA1 full tubular.
Nice Stang. Here's my baby. Nothing done to the engine yet other than a Bullitt CAI and tune. One day I plan on doing the Ford Racing intake and cams. That will probably be it for engine upgrades.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Nice Stang. Here's my baby. Nothing done to the engine yet other than a Bullitt CAI and tune. One day I plan on doing the Ford Racing intake and cams. That will probably be it for engine upgrades.
I suggest skipping the FoMoCo cams and jumping up to something a little hotter, you'll wish you did later. At least that was my experience. Not fun to do something twice (and pay twice)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis