Help me identify some Monitor Audio speakers please!

P

przemek78

Audiophyte
Monitor Audio 702 MPC

I would suggest changing speaker placement and possibly treating the room.

25 watts isn't very much power, could be the cause of your bass problems.
I agree, I used to use this speakers (monitor audio 702) with Denon 3600 (105 WPC) and bass was really powerful, aggressive and well controlled. Now, I am using an old 1992 denon 345 with 45W RMS power and bass sounds very weak specially kick drum is hard to define. So yes, amp makes huge difference.

This speakers are lovely and with a good tube amp or high class solid state amp they can sound like gold.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I just purchased a used pair of Monitor audio speakers, they appear to be at around 10 years old. The only numbers on found on them was REF 702 PMC then below that there is 2033 on each speaker. I have found very little about them online, I am interested in the specs and maybe a round about price at which they may have listed (the second part is more just curiosity, the first part is a bit more important.

Here is a picture to help identify these speakers.

Monitor Audio 702PMC :
New List: $1500.00
Used avg: $600.00
Monitor Audio 702PMC released 1996, pr, rear, 6.5in woof, 1in twtr, 85 lbs

Somehow, I suspect you don't have anywhere near $600 in them!:)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Why do we keep resurecting this thread from like two and a half years ago?

I don't have these speakers anymore...

KEW, your memory is gone I think. You've posted this same exact information in this thread at least once already.:D

KEW said:
Sounds like you did well!

Monitor Audio 702PMC:
New List: $1500.00
Used avg: $600.00
released 1996, pr, rear, 6.5in woof, 1in twtr, 85 lbs

M

musicloverer

Audiophyte
I agree, I used to use this speakers (monitor audio 702) with Denon 3600 (105 WPC) and bass was really powerful, aggressive and well controlled. Now, I am using an old 1992 denon 345 with 45W RMS power and bass sounds very weak specially kick drum is hard to define. So yes, amp makes huge difference.

This speakers are lovely and with a good tube amp or high class solid state amp they can sound like gold.
I thought so, however my opinion was changed right after I operated these MA speakers with RFT amplifer, which model is RK88 with output only 25w per chanel.
Unbelievable, whole sound frequencies performs exelence like tube amplifer runing:
Trebe is soft and midrange is very warm and attratively, especial bass is deep, tidy and very detail => really satisfied with this seting up.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just found a pair of these for $250 on CL and upon a little research I see ol' Seth found a pair for $70!

00X0X_1ZgeNdXamI0z_04b038_600x450.jpg

Nice find Seth! :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis