Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
At least you made it down the mountain in one piece. ... and not for nuthin' but you probably would have been more careful coming down the stairs had you been carrying a single malt.
So very true.:rolleyes::D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Last weekend my wife packed up two large boxes to send to her family in the Philippines. Now, I get that they can use all the help they can get. I sure have no trouble understanding why she would send them all our babies’ clothes that she wore once and doesn’t fit in anymore. I can even justify why she would send them my 120v cordless drill even though they have 220v. But why…. Why why why why why would she pack up my used underwear to send them?! WTF?!
Is it me, or is that just wrong?:eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So that's how it is? I put on a couple of pounds and you're using that as an excuse to chase younger men? He's only going to break your heart but I applaud the way you're choosing this time and this place to come out. :D

Now THAT was a repartee! Well done!:p

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Not necessarily boring, but I hope I didn't brick my Onkyo 805 with DSP FW attempts last night. Oh crappity crap.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I should be studying for a statistics test I have on friday.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
[
I hope it turns out okay. :(
Thanks. I just learned there is another variable that I need to exhaust, as someone mentioned that both his bdp and hddvd didn't work, if he remembered correctly. Different cdp to load the FW. I used the bdp many times, and the hddvd once. My friend will later bring over his Oppo dvd, and perhaps another player as well.

Like many other things in AV, I would love to try a new pre/pro, but it would be financially dumb of me right now to buy one that I wanted. I guess a bricked unit is the perfect excuse to get one; otherwise I get no sound.

dkane360

dkane360

I know exactly how you feel ... ;)

They don't even bother telling you how much. :eek: :D

... and that tells me plenty. :eek:
those rotating shelves are awesome. I need a new rack. I built one out of the MDF from the cuts I made for the speakers I was going to build. It doesnt look quite right, and its a little tall, but it gets the job done right now. Its better than your rack though :D

DANGGGGG 180 buckeroos for the sliding base?
http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Atlantic-Rotating-Sliding-Base/dp/B000OZR7KM

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I know exactly how you feel ... ;)

They don't even bother telling you how much. :eek: :D

... and that tells me plenty. :eek:
Alex, I fixed it! Long story that I won't bore you with in the boring thread.

TBH, if you got a rack, I sorta expected you to build one yourself. OTOH, I can see being too much of a perfectionist when you do something you know well, and maybe you don't want to get involved . . . but what do you think about that?

dkane360

dkane360

Yeah? ... LOL! :D ... put your pic's where your ... ahhh ... just post a pic. ;) :p
This is the current rack in my room. I don't use the equalizer. Some lady was selling it on craigslist for $15, and I was already buying the rack from her so I just bought the equalizer too. She was pregnant and looked like she needed money lol. The equalizer will soon be moved and replaced with a 360, and the adcom will soon be moved and replaced with a receiver of some sort. On top will go my laptop which I'll connect to my external monitor. The printer will stay at the bottom, cause I don't use it very much.

I took a picture of my main rack/tv stand, but it is in such a state of disarray that my green chicklets would instantly turn red. And I know, the wires are all over the place. Quite frankly it's never bright enough in my room to be able to see them anyways lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis