Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
. . . but what do you think about that?
What do I think about you fixing the 805? That's fantastic! What do I think about building a rack? I already have one that I'm building/not building. :D It takes time and it takes money. As it is I am slipping into debt without running around buying material and finish supplies. Work fixes that pretty quick but then time will be an issue. Soon the cold will be an issue. That's what I think.

This is the current rack in my room ... Some lady was selling it on craigslist ... I took a picture of my main rack ... but ...
I wanted to see the "MDF I slapped it together myself - it looks better than your rack" rack, not the Craigslist rack but if you're embarrassed that's okay. We understand. No body is pushing you ... well, not until GN and JM decide to gang up on you about what you put in your drawers. :eek: :D

Those two are gonna drive me to drink but that's always been a short drive for me.

j/k ... take your time, clean up your wires, open the blinds and then share if you feel like it.
We're not here to judge ... well, at least I'm not. :p

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I wanted to see the "MDF I slapped it together myself - it looks better than your rack" rack, not the Craigslist rack but if you're embarrassed that's okay. We understand. No body is pushing you ... well, not until GN and JM decide to gang up on you about what you put in your drawers. :eek: :D

Those two are gonna drive me to drink but that's always been a short drive for me.

j/k ... take your time, clean up your wires, open the blinds and then share if you feel like it.
We're not here to judge ... well, at least I'm not. :p
*sigh* lol. Well my roommates parents are coming in this weekend, so i have to clean up anyways. After my test on friday I'll organize everything and take a pic just for you ;)

In the meantime, here's a pic I took when I was testing them in my living room.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Being fat and hating dish duty is like a snake eating it's tale but not much liking the taste of @ss. :(

dkane360

dkane360

Homunculus.
Homunculus (Latin for "little human", plural: "homunculi"; from the diminutive of homo) is a term used, generally, in various fields of study to refer to any representation of a human being. Historically it referred specifically to the concept of a miniature though fully formed human body, for example, in the studies of alchemy and preformationism. Currently, in scientific fields, a homunculus may refer to any scale model of the human body that, in some way, illustrates physiological, psychological, or other abstract human characteristics or functions.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
What do I think about you fixing the 805? That's fantastic! What do I think about building a rack? I already have one that I'm building/not building. :D It takes time and it takes money. As it is I am slipping into debt without running around buying material and finish supplies. Work fixes that pretty quick but then time will be an issue. Soon the cold will be an issue. That's what I think.
Oh right, I totally forgot about this . . . . . . what's the holdup?! :p
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=721829&postcount=3

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex, you win. :eek:
Don't feel bad. I had a lot of time to think about that entertainment center and back then I smoked. That makes you smarter and helps you work miracles. Besides, that one doesn't count. There's no gear on it.

dkane360

dkane360

Don't feel bad. I had a lot of time to think about that entertainment center and back then I smoked. That makes you smarter and helps you work miracles. Besides, that one doesn't count. There's no gear on it.
Lol true, not much of a rack if theres no equipment :p

I don't feel too bad, the shop you have access too is quite extensive. Mine consisted of a borrowed power drill and a circle saw :D. Eventually I'll either buy a real entertainment center or actually put some effort into building one.

On a different note, I'm trying to get rid of my Behringers and my set of Quintet SL's. I want to buy either Paradigm Atom's or Titan's. I'm thinking Titans because the name is infinitely more bad-***.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Did you know that if you tightly packed up all the molecules that comprise the entire human race that the resulting mass would be the same volume as a cube of sugar?

I like the Atom's. :p

dkane360

dkane360

I like the Atom's. :p
What have you compared them to? I've never heard them, but im planning on going to an authorized retailer tomorrow to see if they have them. I mean, you can't really go wrong with ±2 dB from 90 Hz - 20 kHz for the atoms, ±2 dB from 70 Hz - 20 kHz for the minis, and ±2 dB from 65 Hz - 20 kHz for the titans.

I think I would have to go with the titans though because they go a little deeper, theyre more efficient, and theyre front ported. I'll be using them on my desk, so there wouldnt be too much room behind them.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
What have you compared them to? I've never heard them, but im planning on going to an authorized retailer tomorrow to see if they have them. I mean, you can't really go wrong with ±2 dB from 90 Hz - 20 kHz for the atoms, ±2 dB from 70 Hz - 20 kHz for the minis, and ±2 dB from 65 Hz - 20 kHz for the titans.

I think I would have to go with the titans though because they go a little deeper, theyre more efficient, and theyre front ported. I'll be using them on my desk, so there wouldnt be too much room behind them.
I was making a joke/reference that was only funny to me, apparently. I do that. A lot. :D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I just killed a rat at my in-law's house. These things are f'ing resilient! Thought I killed him and came back a minute later to see him squirming in the trap still.

-pat

(Who wants pics?! :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis