UPDATED: Mark L. Schifter, PLEADS GUILTY to suspicion of charity fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Mark was very good at using indirect deception in public (hinting at things but never quite saying them directly), but he was even better at embellishing those deceptions privately with outright, detailed lies to folks who corresponded directly with him. And since most of the time he shielded those lies with statements like "don't tell anybody, this is inside information" that both reinforced his lies and compartmentalized them.
To add to the above, keep in mind that the audio press across the board repeated the untruths. In many cases it was like reading ad copy over and over again because they were all quoting from the same source - MLS. No one thought to do any fact checking. No one was ever told what the factory was called. It was all double secret hush hush. As each publication repeated what it believed to be true, it became easier to stretch the truth. I suppose some might excuse the websites or print media as being victims, but I hold them personally accountable for shoddy journalism and in the end becoming nothing more than a propaganda machine.

My secondary problem with all of the crap Mark has been doing over the years is that he singlehandedly caused damage to all of the ID companies out there and destroyed his own.

I like how he has these little "they will get theirs" comments, suggesting that someone else was responsible for his problems :rolleyes: I just hope he FULLY gets his.
He did John. I'm not the only one who has heard from ID companies that have expressed a deep concern over being tarnished by this whole mess especially if they ever had a past association with MLS. OTOH, this entire matter ought to make all of us a lot more careful and less willing to accept what companies tell us. When a company says they are responsible for the design of a product made overseas what does that mean? Does that mean they designed it soup to nuts and then contracted out the build? Or does it mean there's an oversea company making a product and all the company here does is just customize the appearance changing a few things. When a company says they've got customized drivers does that mean the driver was built to their specs? Do they have the sort of talent on board that could even do it? Or does customized mean the company has simply replaced the identification labels or eliminated usual markings?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Mark (and others) like playing the "they want to hurt me" card.
Or the agenda card. Or the who are you working for card? Or you just don't like so and so card. Or you're jealous card. There's a lot of cards in those decks.

G

GOSU1

Enthusiast
Mark (and others) like playing the "they want to hurt me" card.

The hurt me card was also the victim card. Most people who initially criticized Schifty or AV123 did not want to hurt him but only wanted him to do what he promised. After people learned about the money stolen from the raffles, products that were paid for but never delivered, defective products, etc., Schifty is finally correct. Many people now want to hurt him. However, my sense is that they are willing to let the justice system mete out an appropriate and, hopefully, severe punishment.

C

conrack

Enthusiast
Change the thread title

Isn't it time to change the thread title to more accurately reflect the truth.

Mark L. Schifter, guilty of Charitable Fraud and Theft.

After all, he did plead guilty! It's no longer a "suspicion."

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah. Stuff he paid for no doubt. Good way to clear them out.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Prices seem high after seeing what AV497 were clearing out the finished products at unfortunately.
Gotta factor in AV123's pricing strategy, which includes maximizing profit by not paying manufacturers.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Wow, it sure looks like they've got a lot left to sell. :rolleyes:

I guess they'll be selling the hopes and dreams of many that died on the empty shelves when AV123 folded.
I wonder when the listing will be available.

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
At first blush it looked like an AV123 ad with similar graphics and sales pitch. You don't think...

No I don't. Looks to me like Danny is doing a good deed by helping out another victim of MLS. Danny is a busy guy, and I seriously doubt he's making any money on this. Santi got seriously boned by MLS. Danny is helping him liquidate the parts he got stuck with when Mark did what he is so skilled at: F-ing his "friends".

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Now Kyle won't have to look for drivers in deep storage anymore.

majorloser

majorloser

Isn't it time to change the thread title to more accurately reflect the truth.

Mark L. Schifter, guilty of Charitable Fraud and Theft.

After all, he did plead guilty! It's no longer a "suspicion."
Thread title has been changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis