UPDATED: Mark L. Schifter, PLEADS GUILTY to suspicion of charity fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Das

Enthusiast
So did they shudder the AV451 site on Friday assuming somebody was aware of the guilty plea and were expecting a forum bombardment? Hopefully their full closure is a sign Schifter's lawyer expects some jail time.

One question I have lingering, what carrot and stick did the Humbly Indicted One dangle out there for Danny Richie to sign off on his name being used all over the G2 Rockets. I recall people asking him about things on AudioCircle and he was a bit vague. Anybody know if he ever actually completed final designs ready for release to manufacturer? Were a set of 950 prototypes, or whatever the flagship model was supposed to be, ever produced. Just curious how Schifty, Schifty was being, during 2010 with their supposed re-organization etc.

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
Now that ones bad! How many people were fully paid for those? I feel really sorry for a those that got on board for those ...
Adam R (the Audition Avenue COO :rolleyes:) made mention a few times that he prepaid for the RSLII's, and that he would be without speakers until he got these. Not sure if he ever got a refund, but my gut tells me no. They were still in his signature:

Signature

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
One of these days whenever I feel like it, I'll ask Arnie Nudell about his involvement in these phantomed speakers.

My feeling is that Arnie knew (knows) nothing about his name being used.

We shall find out.

R

rotorooter

Audioholic Intern
The Volta (fresh out of google cache for future reference):
A worth successor to our famed Strat Mini - the Rocket Volta IS our "next step".

Keeping it on topic, hopefully the "next step" will be jail!

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
Adam R (the Audition Avenue COO :rolleyes:) made mention a few times that he prepaid for the RSLII's, and that he would be without speakers until he got these. Not sure if he ever got a refund, but my gut tells me no. They were still in his signature:

Signature
That's right! I'm pretty sure Sean (not skiing ninja) had prepaid for a set too. They looked like great speakers, as did many of the designs that never saw the light of day ...

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
One of these days whenever I feel like it, I'll ask Arnie Nudell about his involvement in these phantomed speakers.

We shall find out.
You dont think arnie knew his name was tied to those? That would be really bad. Not that any of the rest is ok but thats just seems extra bad.

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
I am not sure and that's why I said I'd find out directly from Arnie.

When it comes to Schifter, nothing surprises me anymore.

I can't stop shaking my head when they put those so-called G2 on their website since I knew they got no money to do anything.

PS: I also know right at this moment, they are reading/following these threads about them. :)

You dont think arnie knew his name was tied to those? That would be really bad. Not that any of the rest is ok but thats just seems extra bad.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai

We shall find out.
At one time on the AV451 forums, MLS had listed Arnie's email address and I recall sending an inquiry to him. The email never bounced as undeliverable and I never got a reply. But boy, would I love to hear what he says as well as Bascom King and Wally Liederman. Something to think about when you go to the RMAF!

BTW, I had it on fairly good authority, that if MLS really liked you - I mean really, really liked you - then it was said he'd give that person an expensive watch. So, Hugh, did he really like you?

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Chu,

I don't know how to get hold of Bascom and Walter plus I don't really care one way or another.

I only mentioned Arnie since I could get hold of him if I wanted to.

On to your watch question, I told Schifter several times that I wanted no freebies from him and all I wanted him to be is to be a real man and stop being a coward.

You guys can verify my statement here with Schifter if you have any doubt of my words.

At one time on the AV451 forums, MLS had listed Arnie's email address and I recall sending an inquiry to him. The email never bounced as undeliverable and I never got a reply. But boy, would I love to hear what he says as well as Bascom King and Wally Liederman. Something to think about when you go to the RMAF!

BTW, I had it on fairly good authority, that if MLS really liked you - I mean really, really liked you - then it was said he'd give that person an expensive watch. So, Hugh, did he really like you?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'll take a stab at the translation:

The last MFW-15 shipment (Rosewood) upset me greatly. Our vendor is insisting that we pay for it!. In fact, they have refused to float me more inventory, so I decided to pull the PO and do something I swore I would not do.

For some time I have been aware of a particular vendor that is dumb enough to still offer me terms. They build pretty much anything. I know this company so well as this was where the first two shipments of Rockets actually came from some 8 + years ago – and the owner is a dear and very personal friend who I can screw over.

Their prices are roughly 50% more (no joke) than our current vendor – but it doesn't really matter how much they charge because they will never see a dime from me...
Hate to say it, but that sounds perfectly true. It also sounds a lot like my son who burns EVERYONE he knows and has to constantly find new suckers for the kool aid...

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Chu,

I don't know how to get hold of Bascom and Walter plus I don't really care one way or another.

I only mentioned Arnie since I could get hold of him if I wanted to.

On to your watch question, I told Schifter several times that I wanted no freebies from him and all I wanted him to be is to be a real man and stop being a coward.

You guys can verify my statement here with Schifter if you have any doubt of my words.
Liederman is Underwood Wally and contact shouldn't pose problems (not saying you should contact him). Someone I know sent him an email asking what his involvement with AV451 was and his reply was that he had cashed out some time ago. No dates though. WRT to King, I have NFI.

My question to you about the watch was if he'd ever offered one to you before all the troubles and miscommunication started.

SteveSatch

SteveSatch

Audioholic Intern
Wait minute, do you mean the BMF and x-plosive subs I have on pre-order might not released? And the MFW15 amp they owe me won't come either?
Shocking :eek::eek::eek:

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Wait minute, do you mean the BMF and x-plosive subs I have on pre-order might not released? And the MFW15 amp they owe me won't come either?
And the RSC-500, LS Center, Strata Max, Strata On-Wall Surround, Strata Center, X-Hub, X-Otica, and MLS SWG are not going to be released either. The LS-4's that were prizes for the last two raffles are also out of the equation. Oh, and the Rocket 12 sub, the G2 Rockets, and the Volta...

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
And the RSC-500, LS Center, Strata Max, Strata On-Wall Surround, Strata Center, X-Hub, X-Otica, and MLS SWG are not going to be released either. The LS-4's that were prizes for the last two raffles are also out of the equation. Oh, and the Rocket 12 sub, the G2 Rockets, and the Volta...
And lets not forget the Ref 200 and Ref 4's that were due any week. The legal system just can't take into account all the screwing that guy really did. I would imagine well over 60% of those gift certificates were spent on items they weren't intended for. Talk about the bait and switch king. Where the hell is Ralph Nader when you need him?

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
the Audition Avenue
That's a blast from the past, isn't it? This musta been pretty early in the list of crap that was promised, that never happened. Late on down the list, iirc, was the Strata onwalls, that they said were coming, and then (Kyle?) repeatedly denied that they ever said were coming. Although that was long after I started mentally tracking what promises they made, since I knew they were all full of crap, so I could be wrong.

Last edited:
N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
Don't listen to these malcontents, brother. They're involved with the audio industry, somehow, and mean to do Schifty harm in order to further their own ends. My buddy Mark knows EXACTLY who they are and EXACTLY what they're doing, and, when the time is right, people far more powerful than he will do his speaking for him, and yea, verily unto the lord, there will be a reckoning, and all those who have strayed from the av123 flock will be brought back into the fold, or smote from afar, or some combination therof.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
I wonder if Craig might pick up some of the designs for TCA, or perhaps someone else could take them up. I bet you could buy th rights to all that stuff real cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis