DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Looks like I'm persona non grata at av123. I sent an email to see if I could stop by the showroom/ office while I'm visiting family here in Longmont.

Guess when MLS told me he "always remembers the people who help him" he meant, "You'll never be allowed in our office"
I thought Mark had stepped down - what other owner did you piss off? And what did your family do?

Kyle's "Thanks!" automatic sig always seems sort of obnoxious in emails like that. I had a couple of emails after he deleted posts or when he threatened to ban me, and each time that cheerful little line at the end seemed really out of place.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
A relative (the family reference) of mine is someone MLS owes money to.

That response wasn't all that unexpected, but personally, other than my comments on the forums, I have done nothing to be banned from their office.

Unless you consider participating/ hosting GTG's, referring MLS to someone who loaned him money he "needed", and referring people to them to purchase their speakers cause to be locked out.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai

That response wasn't all that unexpected, but personally, other than my comments on the forums, I have done nothing to be banned from their office.

Unless you consider participating/ hosting GTG's, referring MLS to someone who loaned him money he "needed", and referring people to them to purchase their speakers cause to be locked out.
I'd still stop by. The only person who knows what you look like is Humbly Bumbly. Unless they have pictures of you posted.

Papajin

Papajin

Audiophyte

Maybe they're afraid you'll extract vengeance on behalf of your relative? Can't imagine why they'd think that though... :rolleyes:

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
I thought Mark had stepped down - what other owner did you piss off?
Mark stepped down as El Presidente, but you can not step down as owner. You need to sell or close the business. Clearly the stepping down was a symbolic move, probably in hopes of tricking people into believing he was not still in controll, or perhaps it is settlement related. Until there is a new outside owner, nothing has really changed.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
I'd still stop by. The only person who knows what you look like is Humbly Bumbly. Unless they have pictures of you posted.
I would visit, and if they don't like it, let them call the police.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Looks like I'm persona non grata at av123. I sent an email to see if I could stop by the showroom/ office while I'm visiting family here in Longmont.

Guess when MLS told me he "always remembers the people who help him" he meant, "You'll never be allowed in our office"
Has anyone actually seen the showroom?

M

mhawker

Audioholic
I would visit, and if they don't like it, let them call the police.
My first thought was just to stop by unannounced, but thought emailing would be appropriate.

Would have been nice to see all that new product up close and personal and report back to everyone here that, yes, indeed, the shelves are stocked with product.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
My first thought was just to stop by unannounced, but thought emailing would be appropriate.

Would have been nice to see all that new product up close and personal and report back to everyone here that, yes, indeed, the shelves are stocked with product.
It would be a fun experience. They might even ask help to hold their legs while they attempt a head first approach into the deep storage dumpster to obtain the new ricket drivers to show off to you.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai

No reason you have to announce yourself. Before they started purging threads, they said one of the reasons for making the showroom was for outside traffic to be able to come inside. Increased sales. So, just walk in and if they ask who you are, just give a different last name or if you've got a middle name, use that as your last name. Make sure you've got something to record conversations (Colorado is a one person consent law place) and have some fun.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic

If you see the shelves stocked with new products, I would urge you to seek imediate medical attention.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
So, I'm looking at the sales circular for the sale that ends 7/5

and I see there's all this clearance stuff. Browsing through it, I see they're unloading a CD/DVD duplicator and I says to myself, "Wow, why would anyone there need something like that?" So, I get curious and Google up the name and see some Craigslist postings. Hmmmm...this looks familar!

Suzanne 303 543 7500 x302 or swjjohnson@comcast.net

So, I Google up the email address and come up with a few hits. Now, not all the hits result in actual postings for Suzy, but the cached results are pretty interesting. For example,

Cubicle walls w/ desks (Longmont) $250
There are (20) walls, hardware and a few corner desks. We all know how much these panels cost at retail. What we have is yours for $250.

Suzanne 303 543 7500 x302 swjjohnson@comcast.net
36" High Velocity Drum Fan (Longmont) $189
Get ready for those high 90 degree temps now!

36" High-Velocity Drum Fan

Diameter: 36" Moves more air than standard fans
High duty and High Capacity motor
All metal construction
Number of Motor Speeds: 2

New these are between $249-349

This was used last summer and not since then. Work great! We have (2) if you need more than one. Please call or email Suzanne 303 543 7500 x302 swjjohnson@comcast.net Thanks.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic

Heck, rent a Ford Crown Victoria with tinted windows and drive up unannounced. It would be fun to see ol' Shifty sh!t his pants thinking it was the feds paying him a visit. :D

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I also thought that duplicator was an odd item to have in the B-stock/specials page. I guess listing cubicle walls on that page would tend to create a bit too much consumer concern...

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
You just can't make this stuff up any more. You guys have me laughing out loud tonight as I caught up reading this thread with all the funny and clever comments. Cubicle walls and drum fans... Will they sell the windows, doors, and flooring next?

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I'm sure the shelves and warehouse are indeed stocked to overflowing with hype, hope, and dreams, but I'm not sure you'll be able to see them. ;)

R

rotorooter

Audioholic Intern
Quote:
Mike,

Due to the circumstances surrounding yourself, your family and one of our owners, we will not be able to receive you at our offices. If you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them via email or phone if you would like. I hope you have a pleasant trip here in Colorado and make sure you get out to the mountains if you can. There are a lot of good trails and bike paths.

Thanks!

Kyle Steidle
p: (303) 543-7500 x304 / f: (720) 494-1751
kyle@av123.com / www.av123.com

Just another reason for not doing business with these clowns. They never learned proper business etiquette. Here you get the kiss off first and then the niceties when everyone knows you get the niceties over first and then get the kiss off. Sheesh!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
So AV321.gone now sells watches? If you go to the b-stock/out of box page they have a onix watch for sale - picture and everything. LOL

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well, the fans are something I think that might've been used in the warehouse but if there isn't much going on in the warehouse anymore, well then I guess you don't need them. And the selling off of cubicle partiions and desks, well that sounds to me like either they're closing up shop or prepaing for a move to smaller quarters. Also, as near as I can make out, those pics of the Gatorade speakers are all CAD renderings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis