DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
majorloser

majorloser

Enough is Enough

I do not have the time nor the desire to edit out all of the personal attacks that have been thrown around here lately. If that is what you wish to accomplish, then start your own forum.

From this point forward we will go directly to banning offenders. After that I'll just delete the thread since the entertainment value is long gone.

These actions will not be open for discussion nor debate.

T

Tbomb

Audiophyte
Thanks Darren.. one quick fix though:

Actually, it was Parts Express that sent me a Titan something-or-other 12" driver instead of the Dayton SA240 plate amp, not AV123. :)

The only AV123 discussion was that I was trying to get from Kyle the mod that they are applying when using the SA240's to warantee replace their own ufw-10 plate amps. -- and I'm still waiting to hear back on that front.

..dane
Dane:

Not sure if you are still looking for the details on the amp replacement. Before the bottom fell through for Mark, I managed to get out of him the details of what two resistors to replace on the Dayton SA240. Mine original amp on the UFW died also. Send me a PM and I'll give you the details he gave me.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Red Hot LS6/9 Cabinet Sale!

Looks like they are selling off the LS cabnets they have left now.

I just received red hot special email from AV321. It looks like they are selling everything but the kitchen sink at this point.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Looks like they are selling off the LS cabnets they have left now.

I just received red hot special email from AV321. It looks like they are selling everything but the kitchen sink at this point.
I got the same email:
AV123 sales said:
We are offering some Once-In-A-Lifetime pricing on our current stock of LS Cabinets. This is your chance to get those LS's you've dreamed of - and at a price you won't want to miss.

You can arrange your LS Kit (drivers, crossovers, etc.) from our friends at GR Research and simply marry that up to our cabinets and get the very best value around.

LS6 $599/pair plus shipping
LS9 $799/pair plus shipping
Interesting that they direct customers to GR Research for LS kits, since GR Research doesn't offer LS kits anymore. They may have the necessary drivers still, but there's nothing in the site that I saw about the crossovers. Maybe they figure GR will do a special run of crossovers if there's enough interest. Likewise, Skiing Ninja hasn't started offering LS networks yet because he got yanked around for so long, so it's hard to say when folks will be able to buy crossover networks from there.

B

bunnyma357

Audioholic Intern
I got the same email:

Interesting that they direct customers to GR Research for LS kits, since GR Research doesn't offer LS kits anymore. They may have the necessary drivers still, but there's nothing in the site that I saw about the crossovers. Maybe they figure GR will do a special run of crossovers if there's enough interest. Likewise, Skiing Ninja hasn't started offering LS networks yet because he got yanked around for so long, so it's hard to say when folks will be able to buy crossover networks from there.
GR has the kits available.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=82531.msg794891;topicseen#new

Jim C

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I got the same email:

I guess that part is S.E.P.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Cool - they aren't listed on the GR site and I'd heard that GR had quit offering them.

So an LS-6 kit and cabinets will set you back $2,594 plus shipping and an LS-9 kit and cabinets will set you back $3,494 plus shipping. That's a fairly strong $2,500 savings on the LS-9, but only a $405 savings on LS-6's (actually less since separate shipping on the cabinets and parts will likely end up being more than shipping on assembled speakers).

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Don't forget the crossover network which is not inexpensive plus you ought to know how to load and wire the drivers.

Btw, you got PM Gonk. :)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
And then what do you do when you're stuck with a typical veneered cabinet from them with veneer flaws or it starts deteriorating?

D

dane

Audioholic Intern
Dane:

Not sure if you are still looking for the details on the amp replacement. Before the bottom fell through for Mark, I managed to get out of him the details of what two resistors to replace on the Dayton SA240. Mine original amp on the UFW died also. Send me a PM and I'll give you the details he gave me.
Yes please-- thanks! YGPM...

R

rotorooter

Audioholic Intern
As a first time poster here I'm surprised that my post was removed on the grounds that it was a personal attack while a post by a lawyer saying a person is disingenuous, naive, and utterly clueless remains. Do I have to be a lawyer? Are the rules here arbitrary or do they apply to all?

P

PhenomeNhan

Enthusiast
Majorloser,

I do understand that things have been pretty wild with this thread, but I will try to be as tactful and respectful as I can with my post. Please do not punish others if you see that my post is in violation with your request. Please delete my post/ban me, instead of punishing others for my actions.

Dane,

I've been silent for a while, since I've been busy with work. The last meaningful post I've made re: the AV321 situation was quite a while ago. It was at the point when Gonk first joined in on the raffles discussion. Since Gonk always states everything so concisely, completely, and eloquently, I felt there was not much else I can add to the subject :)

While I do believe you are fundamentally a good guy, I do see why others have a hard time understanding your continued support of AV321. For me, to post as often as you have on AV321, especially in light of the all the development, basically conveys to the mass that you are still supporting AV321/MLS, and have chosen to disregard any and all negative press surrounding them (love that run-on sentence :D). The posts about trying to engage AV321/MLS in business with your company is especially condemning in the eyes of many.

Your recent posts here in the past few days reminds me of the repeated debates that went on the in the recent past with people like Graphicsguy, Mac, Quadman, etc. I've told Mac after he's come to the realization of the truth for himself that everyone has his own time line of when he will cross that bridge. Perhaps that's the point of frustration for many here is that they've seen so many cross that bridge, but yet others are still refusing to do so for what seems to be all the same reasons. And the crossing scenario goes through the same pattern each time. And I believe most of those situation really reflects a certain level of selfishness. That is, people try to justify what's going on by projecting their relationship with MLS/AV321 with how great things should be, but at the same time, dismissing the actual reality that is happening with hundreds/thousands(?) of cases. Their thinking is if MLS is treating me so well, then he can't be screwing those hundreds/thousands of customers. Until he proves "ME" wrong, I will continue to dismiss those 'reported problems' to be either a gross exaggeration or an outright lie--even if it comes from long-time, well-respected member of the forum.

Things like your business acumen and motives have already been beaten to death here, so I won't go into that. Instead, I'll see if I can understand from your engineering viewpoint (being an "Engineer" myself). I would like to think that the ability to recognize patterns is a skill that an engineer would possess. There are far more better engineers on these forums than myself, and I do try to learn from those people to improve my skills.

Even if I were to take a weekly snapshot of what's going in the AV321, I would at least know the following (I can't summarize everything, but if you search for that single post(;)) by Chu listing all the infamous problems with AV321:

1. Forum members have been dropping like flies (esp. long-time, well-respected members).
2. Many members expressing their disapproval - be it in a spirited manner or in a very tactful and respected manner - have had their posts deleted or are banned outright.
3. Repeated problems with
a. Amps
b. Veneers
c. Cabinet quality (fitment, varied dimensions, etc.)
d. Continual late delivery of products or products never coming to fruition
e. Continual missed dates with non-products
f. A book of excuses ranging from numerous illness, natural disasters, world events, alien invasions, etc.
g. Multiple shipping issues
h. Multiple monetary issues be it with product refunds, coupon refunds, or loan repayments
i. Selling off b/c/d-stock products
4. The list goes on...

As an engineer, just a few of those patterns alone would raise serious questions with me about wanting to pursue a company that failed in so many critical areas of engineering. Even if I didn't have any business acumen, my engineering instincts would tell me to steer clear away from AV321, since their engineering practices and customer support departments are well below sub-par of any company I would want to deal with. Perhaps I'm wrong about those engineering instinct, but I'm just sharing my experience.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Nhan!!!

How are you?
There are far more better engineers on these forums than myself...
But how's your tennis? Still waiting to hit some with you.

P

PhenomeNhan

Enthusiast
Nhan!!!

How are you?

But how's your tennis? Still waiting to hit some with you.
Hey, Curtis. Doing well. How have you been. I guess you're still playing plenty of tennis. I've not played for about 3 years :( My skill back then is hardly comparable to yours, so if we played now, it'll be like playing with a born-again beginner :D I gained about 25 lbs by being sedentary, but lost those in the past year with good exercise and diet. But gained about 5 back due to my new job (I think most of that is muscle mass, though :D)

Texas summer weather sucks for playing tennis, maybe the LA cooler evening weather would be better. Hopefully I can make my way over there to visit you and Hugh in the next couple of months when things slow down with work.

--Nhan

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
So are you as huge as Anh now? :D
Hey, Curtis. Doing well. How have you been. I guess you're still playing plenty of tennis. I've not played for about 3 years :( My skill back then is hardly comparable to yours, so if we played now, it'll be like playing with a born-again beginner :D I gained about 25 lbs by being sedentary, but lost those in the past year with good exercise and diet. But gained about 5 back due to my new job (I think most of that is muscle mass, though :D)

Texas summer weather sucks for playing tennis, maybe the LA cooler evening weather would be better. Hopefully I can make my way over there to visit you and Hugh in the next couple of months when things slow down with work.

--Nhan

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
Majorloser,

I do understand that things have been pretty wild with this thread, but I will try to be as tactful and respectful as I can with my post. Please do not punish others if you see that my post is in violation with your request. Please delete my post/ban me, instead of punishing others for my actions.

Dane,

I've been silent for a while, since I've been busy with work. The last meaningful post I've made re: the AV321 situation was quite a while ago. It was at the point when Gonk first joined in on the raffles discussion. Since Gonk always states everything so concisely, completely, and eloquently, I felt there was not much else I can add to the subject :)

While I do believe you are fundamentally a good guy, I do see why others have a hard time understanding your continued support of AV321. For me, to post as often as you have on AV321, especially in light of the all the development, basically conveys to the mass that you are still supporting AV321/MLS, and have chosen to disregard any and all negative press surrounding them (love that run-on sentence :D). The posts about trying to engage AV321/MLS in business with your company is especially condemning in the eyes of many.

Your recent posts here in the past few days reminds me of the repeated debates that went on the in the recent past with people like Graphicsguy, Mac, Quadman, etc. I've told Mac after he's come to the realization of the truth for himself that everyone has his own time line of when he will cross that bridge. Perhaps that's the point of frustration for many here is that they've seen so many cross that bridge, but yet others are still refusing to do so for what seems to be all the same reasons. And the crossing scenario goes through the same pattern each time. And I believe most of those situation really reflects a certain level of selfishness. That is, people try to justify what's going on by projecting their relationship with MLS/AV321 with how great things should be, but at the same time, dismissing the actual reality that is happening with hundreds/thousands(?) of cases. Their thinking is if MLS is treating me so well, then he can't be screwing those hundreds/thousands of customers. Until he proves "ME" wrong, I will continue to dismiss those 'reported problems' to be either a gross exaggeration or an outright lie--even if it comes from long-time, well-respected member of the forum.

Things like your business acumen and motives have already been beaten to death here, so I won't go into that. Instead, I'll see if I can understand from your engineering viewpoint (being an "Engineer" myself). I would like to think that the ability to recognize patterns is a skill that an engineer would possess. There are far more better engineers on these forums than myself, and I do try to learn from those people to improve my skills.

Even if I were to take a weekly snapshot of what's going in the AV321, I would at least know the following (I can't summarize everything, but if you search for that single post(;)) by Chu listing all the infamous problems with AV321:

1. Forum members have been dropping like flies (esp. long-time, well-respected members).
2. Many members expressing their disapproval - be it in a spirited manner or in a very tactful and respected manner - have had their posts deleted or are banned outright.
3. Repeated problems with
a. Amps
b. Veneers
c. Cabinet quality (fitment, varied dimensions, etc.)
d. Continual late delivery of products or products never coming to fruition
e. Continual missed dates with non-products
f. A book of excuses ranging from numerous illness, natural disasters, world events, alien invasions, etc.
g. Multiple shipping issues
h. Multiple monetary issues be it with product refunds, coupon refunds, or loan repayments
i. Selling off b/c/d-stock products
4. The list goes on...

As an engineer, just a few of those patterns alone would raise serious questions with me about wanting to pursue a company that failed in so many critical areas of engineering. Even if I didn't have any business acumen, my engineering instincts would tell me to steer clear away from AV321, since their engineering practices and customer support departments are well below sub-par of any company I would want to deal with. Perhaps I'm wrong about those engineering instinct, but I'm just sharing my experience.
Nahn...glad to see you around..Fat dude now ehh? :eek: I don't really believe it..Know about the heat down there..you can have some of our Humidity from up here to go with it if you want ;);) Maybe some of you smarter than the average bear engineers can put your heads together and find a cheap solution to finding all of the right parts to put the mfw-15 back like the original ones were..instead of having to spend a fortune to do a complete retrofit upgrade.Seems that would be a big ticket item if you could pull that off..
Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis