Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
People don't capitulate to your self centered point of view. CHECK
I like turtles. Check

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
"How do you know there's no life after death and no souls?". "Science knows a lot about physiology and workings of living beings, never was anything to hint something like souls existed." "Science has been wrong before, at one point they thought the atom was the smallest thing" or "There's a LOT that science doesn't know!" " ... :rolleyes: "
It's simply a logical fallacy. You attempt to discredit a position by accusing someone of "Monday Morning Quarterbacking". It's a straw man argument. "It's funny because at one point, it seems like every time someone is losing an argument, comes silly questions about the validity of everything. Just, you know, to hint that actually there's many unknowns and that renders the whole discussion and points made invalid.".
LOL this is almost comical. You see I have historical text called the bible, 2000 years of church tradition and personal experience to defend the position that there is life after death. Not to mention many other people's experiences. Yet I suppose you question their validity. If you do then you are guilty of the same logical fallacy.

Spies are almost always diplomats they get information by first asking you for something legal and then photographing the transaction. They then use the pictures to black mail you for illegal information. But I suppose even if I'm aware of these things that makes me still unfit to question the media story.:rolleyes: Remember our media almost always victimizes are enemies because it sells. People will watch because they are motivated by anger against our leadership.

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
Spies are almost always diplomats they get information by first asking your something legal to share and then photographing it. They then use the pictures to black mail you for illegal information. But I suppose just because I'm aware of these types of things I'm still unfit to question the media story.:rolleyes: Our media almost always victimizes are enemies because it sells. People will watch because they are motivated by anger against our leadership.
That's relevant to this discussion how?

LOL this is almost comical. You see I have historical text called the bible, 2000 years of church tradition and personal experience to defend the position that their is life after death. Not to mention many other people's experiences. Yet I suppose you question their validity. If you do then you are guilty of the same logical fallacy.
That's funny and worth its own thread imhow :) http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=710171#post710171

People don't capitulate to your self centered point of view. CHECK
My point of view being what exactly, from your point of view?

A

ArthurPE

Banned
The 27 year old diplomat, Mohammed Al-Madadi going to a meeting with an imprisoned al-Qaida sleeper agent – raises questions about why someone familiar with national security cases would apparently flout airline security rules and joke about would-be bombers.

How does one become a diplomat at 27 anyway?...
I'm sure it was no coincidence that there were 2 air marshals on the plane

how at 27? $$$$$$ and family

our system is $$$ driven, if it doesn't involve large sums and contractors, it's not considered...this was an over reaction in the classic definition...the Israeli's make do with much less and are more effictive in a more hostile threat enviornment
yes, hindsight is 20/20, but it's not the first time something like this happened...we react like this to justify the large sums spent on such programs...defense/security is >50% of discretionary spending, even larger when the hidden $$$ and associated debt are factored in

I don't think anyone is saying things aren't 'different' now, the paradyne has shifted, but we are not getting the return on the investment we deserve...or the protection
Iraq: 4500+ lives, x00,000's of civies, 1 bil $ as messed up as it was 7 years ago...
'Stan, huge troop increase, more death (combatant & innocent), heroin production at all time highs, the bad guys controlling >80% of the country, and according to the generals, worse than it was 8 years ago...with a chance of 'losing', whatever that means...

I don't have the answers, nor do I pretend to like many of you, but I have plenty of unanswered questions...

Last edited:
GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
You don't question the validity of what you read according to the previous thread so this post makes no sense.;)
Sarcasm? So you were saying that me believing the news article was the same thing as someone believing every word from the bible? Preposterous!

As I asked, what are the potential inaccuracies in the article and what are the possible alternative to the info provided by the article? "bias", "spins" and such were mentioned, but never anything concrete. What sounds doubtful to you then?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure it was no coincidence that there were 2 air marshals on the plane

how at 27? $$$$$$ and family

our system is $$$ driven, if it doesn't involve large sums and contractors, it's not considered...this was an over reaction in the classic definition...the Israeli's make do with much less and are more effictive in a more hostile threat enviornment
yes, hindsight is 20/20, but it's not the first time something like this happened...we react like this to justify the large sums spent on such programs...defense/security is >50% of discretionary spending, even larger when the hidden $$$ and associated debt are factored in

I don't think anyone is saying things aren't 'different' now, the paradyne has shifted, but we are not getting the return on the investment we deserve...or the protection
Iraq: 4500+ lives, x00,000's of civies, 1 bil $ as messed up as it was 7 years ago...
'Stan, huge troop increase, more death (combatant & innocent), heroin production at all time highs, the bad guys controlling >80% of the country, and according to the generals, worse than it was 8 years ago...with a chance of 'losing', whatever that means...

I don't have the answers, nor do I pretend to like many of you, but I have plenty of unanswered questions...
Arthur you've made many good points!

I'll PM you with my replies.:)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
These were the questions:
1) Now how do the fighter jets fit in with this exactly?
2) What's the link with hijacking?
3) "Why would someone intent on using a plane as a giant missile comment to others that he was trying to light up his shoes?
4) Wouldn't that be counter constructive to his goal?
5)You think real terrorists will joke about taking over a plane before doing it?"

Your answer

So basically, you're saying that that they panicked and made a mistake by deploying the fighter jets, which was absolutely worthless and a disproportionate response to the problem at hand. Glad we all agree on that.

It's funny how people area always unable to answer simple questions... Here, I'll answer my own questions because it seems so hard for you people to do so.

1) Now how do the fighter jets fit in with this exactly?
Answer: They don't. Absolute waste, there was absolutely no reason for them to be deployed
2) What's the link with hijacking?
Answer: Paranoia. There was absolutely no cause or justification in this case to think that there was a chance the plane was under threat of being hijacked...
3) "Why would someone intent on using a plane as a giant missile comment to others that he was trying to light up his shoes?
Answer: They wouldn't. Would make no sense to do so.
4) Wouldn't that be counter constructive to his goal?
Answer: Of course.
5)You think real terrorists will joke about taking over a plane before doing it?"
Answer: Of course not.
Sorry, but if all you are going to do is attack without listening to reason, then I'm wasting my time. Good luck with your life.
You are the first on my ignore list.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
the Israeli's make do with much less and are more effective in a more hostile threat environment
While the power brokers fight over a worthless piece of land the rest of us spill blood and suffer. I'm sorry but that war is bat crazy. I wish leaders would stop using people for their own egos. When peace is constant prosperity follows, but in the aftermath of battle their is only destruction. If more resistance groups followed Ghandi and MLK's approach they'd get a lot farther.

A

ArthurPE

Banned
While the power brokers fight over a worthless piece of land the rest of us spill blood and suffer. I'm sorry but that war is bat crazy. I wish leaders would stop using people for their own egos. When peace is constant prosperity follows, but in the aftermath of battle their is only destruction. If more resistance groups followed Ghandi and MLK's approach they'd get a lot farther.
while I agree, peace breeds prosperity, it 'breeds' it for the wrong interest groups...

the US spends almost as much on weapons as the rest of the world combined...
like 7 x's as much as China, a country awash in cash and with a population 4 x's as large...

$$$ makes the world go round AND appears to be the root of evil, lol
not a good sign for a civilization based on its pursuit

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I just don't get it how it's possible

There are so many warni ng signs and even in toilets on all airplanes that smoking is a serious offence that may imprison you for a long time.....

some people are beyound stupid, a Neanderthal would be ashamed of such a low intellect....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Worthless piece of land? You mean, the one in the Middle East with all of the oil under it? Maybe you mean the one that, if it ends up in the wrong hands, means the region will be more unstable than it is/was.

Peace means nothing to those whose ideology involves forcing others to be like them. Regardless of who has what, someone will always want to take something from someone else. It's part of human nature to want what someone else has, can't be had or has been taken away.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
They're so rich they believe they can do anything in the world and get away with it....

From what I hear it's only two things worse.... tourists from Kazakstan and "new rich" russians... they believe they own the world

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis