DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I hope this doesn't mean what I think it does.
Yes it does. It means that AV451, by coming out with the LS4, will be looking to corner the entire market for little people. This is a bold move. Well, I'm off to see the Wizard.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
It sounds like TADG is a "regressed" form of Mark (as in a 2007 or 2008 version) - needless placeholder posts for future information, plus talk about pre-orders for products that aren't in stock/in production yet. Haven't we been told repeatedly that AV123 was changing to get away from that sort of stuff? Of course, we were also told that there were only two "underfunded" raffles...
OK This is looking scary now - I think we should risk warning all new customers of recent issues on av123 forum - despite the threat of ban/delete, if we keep at it, they'll eventually get the message...
It may be worth trying, but I have my doubts about how much success you will have. It's likely that they'd just start deleting posts and threads more readily and ban more people until they regain control.

It is still a policy that isn't really sustainable in the long term. It wasn't when they started it last July or August and it isn't now, but they seem willing to take it as far as they can. At this point, their market is almost solely the newcomers, so there's no reason to try to hang onto the old-timers if they become inconvenient. Nuke the posts, ban the posters, and block the IP's. If the company planned to be around for many years to come, burning bridges like that would be pretty stupid. If they just want to make as much money as possible before the roof falls in, that changes things and gives them the freedom to do what it takes to keep most of the unpleasant truths off their forum.

A

arthurs

Audiophyte
Well, I just had the first post I've ever had deleted on any forum removed over at that craphole...no worries for me, the place disgusts me and I'll never go there again unless it's to verify a post...it's almost comical how ridiculously transparent it is that the thief is back and posting....bunnyma's post is spot on, if that TADG post was meant to inspire confidence in people, it should scare the hell out of them given the history there...

EDIT: Forgot to mention I've been banned forever as well...

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
So are you suggesting that I shouldn't go ahead and send money now for the LS center channels that we're supposed to hear about this weekend?

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I thought this post by Bunnyma357 in the AV123 Mappa Burl LS9 thread was particularly good. Maybe even Bighe Wallie good.
I was also thinking that it was very close to being Big Wally / Tophat & Monocle good. I was coming over here to post it, but I see you beat me to it.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
Well, I just had the first post I've ever had deleted on any forum removed over at that craphole...no worries for me, the place disgusts me and I'll never go there again unless it's to verify a post...it's almost comical how ridiculously transparent it is that the thief is back and posting....bunnyma's post is spot on, if that TADG post was meant to inspire confidence in people, it should scare the hell out of them given the history there...

I'm confused about who you are. Are you the Arthurs, who had the LS6 and now have the custom CLS9?

I didn't see you post over there. What did you say?

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Here is the relevant part of his post:
ArthurS said:
...Given the level of deception that has occurred on these forums, I wouldn't believe anything from anyone who has any connection to this company.
I believe Arthur also said in his post that this would be his final post on their forum.

Last edited:
droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Hell, that ^ is like banning someone for saying that water is wet and the sky is blue.

A

arthurs

Audiophyte
I'm confused about who you are. Are you the Arthurs, who had the LS6 and now have the custom CLS9?

That's me....

My post? In regards to Mark...I mean TADG...I simply said given the level of deception historically perpetuated in their forums, you should be concerned about anything said by anyone affiliated with that company, and that it was my last post as the whole place disgusted me...I thought it was pretty spot on personally...

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Here's the brilliant Bunnyma357 quote in context...

TADG posted
TADG said:
Waiting for the OK to post my brief introduction of The Audio Design Groupe and how this company will impact av123.

With Mark stepping back at av123 we all agree that more information is necessary. I know that he would very much like to be sharing more now himself, but that's not possible at the moment.

Once I have the OK to do so, I will post further information. There are several of us with access to this account, so you'll be hearing about TADG and the products from a few informed people.

I hope that the information will be useful and informative, and will do offer more than a glimpse at where av123 will be heading.

TADG
bunnyma357 / Jim C replied
bunnyma357 said:
Based on the great experiences so many AV123 customers have had in the past with The Graham Company and Act 3 Audio, the decision to form a new company TADG and insert them into the mix with AV123 seems like a stellar idea.

This will hopefully enhance AV123's ability to not just deliver products, but create a relationship with its customers. I know for so many, the drama and excitement created through the practice of stretching out the simple delivery of a promised product into a multi-year ordeal creates a dysfunctional co-dependent relationship with a vendor that provides a level of "involvement", that no actual product could ever live up to.

Good luck on this new endeavor.

Jim C

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
That's me....

My post? In regards to Mark...I mean TADG...I simply said given the level of deception historically perpetuated in their forums, you should be concerned about anything said by anyone affiliated with that company, and that it was my last post as the whole place disgusted me...I thought it was pretty spot on personally...
Arthurs, I've always appreciated your posts, the signal to noise has always been high. I'm thinking that a forum that would ban you probably doesn't need me as a member either.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Hell, that ^ is like banning someone for saying that water is wet and the sky is blue.
We can't have potential customers finding out that the sky is blue and water is wet though!!!

Frankly, the whole thing is laughable. Even if you engage in a willing suspension of disbelief and go with the "fact" that there is a groupe of 5 designers working for VA321 under contract in a new company called The Audio Design Groupe do you really think that part of what they're going to get paid for (suckers ;) ) is to post snarky replies on their weekends to people posting on the VA321 forum?

REALLY???

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
andy C:
LOL shall i post that image on av123? that should earn me an instant ban i think :D

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic

You've done well. Congratulations! No sleep lost on that one.

A

arthurs

Audiophyte
Arthurs, I've always appreciated your posts, the signal to noise has always been high. I'm thinking that a forum that would ban you probably doesn't need me as a member either.
Thanks for the kind words. I've stayed pretty much out of most of this and vomited in private, but the appearance of TADG really pissed me off as it happens before any statement of any kind by the company or principal players, which is in very bad form IMO...how about a company post at a minimum saying the forums should never have been used that way and in the future you can expect the highest level of integrity? Whether it's true or not or it could ever be accomplished, it at least acknowledges anything having happened....Instead it's back to the same old BS just using new names...to me, disgust is the right word....

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis