DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andy_c

Audioholic
Looks like a sockpuppet of a sockpuppet, and not the "real" sockpuppet - if that makes any sense ;).

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the kind words. I've stayed pretty much out of most of this and vomited in private, but the appearance of TADG really pissed me off as it happens before any statement of any kind by the company or principal players, which is in very bad form IMO...how about a company post at a minimum saying the forums should never have been used that way and in the future you can expect the highest level of integrity? Whether it's true or not or it could ever be accomplished, it at least acknowledges anything having happened....Instead it's back to the same old BS just using new names...to me, disgust is the right word....
It is disturbing behavior, and I agree with your reaction. I wonder how many of us have earned perma-bans now?
That's hysterical!

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
I am actually surprised i haven't been banned yet.. i have called out TADG several times this week...but then some of my posts have vanished, too :)

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
If they ever make another Terminator sequel maybe they can get TADG to play the part of the T1000. It seem like every time you turn around TADG morphs into something else.

First TADG was AV123's Product Design Manager. link
Kyle Steidle said:
TADG is our Product Development Manager.
Next, TADG was a groupe with 5 people. link
TADG said:
The Audio Design Groupe.

Five of us in total at this moment.
Then, TADG was doing design work for other companies. link
TADG said:
...but we are all working together to develop products for this and other companies.
Most recently, TADG is an independent company. link
TADG said:
Waiting for the OK to post my brief introduction of The Audio Design Groupe and how this company will impact av123.

Stay tuned to see what the next 24 hours will bring! :rolleyes:

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Thanks for the kind words. I've stayed pretty much out of most of this and vomited in private, but the appearance of TADG really pissed me off as it happens before any statement of any kind by the company or principal players, which is in very bad form IMO...how about a company post at a minimum saying the forums should never have been used that way and in the future you can expect the highest level of integrity? Whether it's true or not or it could ever be accomplished, it at least acknowledges anything having happened....Instead it's back to the same old BS just using new names...to me, disgust is the right word....
Yes, it's is in very bad form to just foist this TADG entity upon the remaining "cultomers" (love that) without any foreword about the direction the company wants to take.

The introduction of a new amplifier, what a humiliating kick in the crotch to those still owed money on prepays and beta testing, not to mention intended raffle recipients.

I'll post this here at AH since it won't survive over there. You hear me TADG? Sure you do...

Harmon

Audioholic Intern
Nope, I haven't been contacted. Actually, I never participated in the raffles. The only one I was going to participate in was the one to benefit Bruce (aka Brucer) (was that the first raffle?), but by the time I got around to buying a ticket, all the tickets had been sold so I just made a small donation ($50 - I think) to MLS for Bruce's benefit. Hope the money made it to Bruce.
I was looking back through my old postings at AV123's forum, and I'll be damned ... I did participate in one of the raffles for the Russian orphanage ... totally forgot about that. Not that anyone cares, but just wanted to correct my mistake. Here's a link to the thread:

http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=21978

Mark claimed to have raised $40k for the Russian kids prior to this raffle and implies that some of that was his own (or AV123's) money that was a "match" of the raffle proceeds. Reading that p*sses me off. Wonder if any of that money reached it's intended recipients?

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
Way to go Art!

I have actually never been banned there. My m-fine account was deleted at my request, and my new RaffleVictem account never got approved by the mods.

I did manage to get banned for life, twice!, at the AV123 budget division forum.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I was looking back through my old postings at AV123's forum, and I'll be damned ... I did participate in one of the raffles for the Russian orphanage ... totally forgot about that. Not that anyone cares, but just wanted to correct my mistake. Here's a link to the thread:

Mark claimed to have raised $40k for the Russian kids prior to this raffle and implies that some of that was his own (or AV123's) money that was a "match" of the raffle proceeds. Reading that p*sses me off. Wonder if any of that money reached it's intended recipients?
I think the only kid that got anything was when Ms. Khabarovski dressed up in her little school girl uniform. There's a couple of others too but it's all pretty pathetic.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic

I didn't do much leg work compared to Chu but I searched up and down for those Russian Orphanages last spring. If it wasn't for the smallest doubt that the language barrier caused a misunderstanding, I would stake my right leg on the fact that there were NO Khabarovsk Orphanages that received a dime from him. Simply a fabrication like so many of his other stories that we all just accepted, and some still unfortunately do.

T

tbag

Audiophyte
I may not be allowed back. I tried to walk a fine line between inflammatory posts and the actual facts involved. I had a post deleted where I stated I was sad to see Arthur go, but I'd stick around to see if I could get a set of speakers and take two years to pay.

They deleted my post, didn't ban me and just made me mad. I posted this a few minutes ago...

oops, need one more post to link a screen shot

todd

T

tbag

Audiophyte
here's my subtle attempt to test the limits of "the truth"

oh, yeah, I'm ToddBagwell on most other forums.

A

arthurs

Audiophyte
Thanks Todd, I'll see you around the other haunts....I'm glad to have the bad kharma of that place out of my life....

droht

droht

Full Audioholic

After reading the first few pages in that thread I think I am going to skip dinner tonight. It's a new diet. Read threads that so disgust you that you won't want to eat.

I did come across this mls quote which really clears this whole business up. Apparently much ado about nothing. I hope you'll be apologizing Chu. Bold is mine for emphasis.

Hi Jimmy...

I just looked at the closed data on a previous page and I did NOT see your name...

Once Sean gets in today (after Noon I was told) he will reconcile the account and IF you were not in - you will be moved to the 2nd raffle... EVERYONE gets their fare stake...

Best...

mls
See, everyone will be treated fairly in this. Whew; that is a relief.

A

arthurs

Audiophyte
Todd's post remains intact....apparently my mistake was not inferring they are not to be trusted, but saying it outright...I have to learn to be more subtle....:p

F

fanuminski

Enthusiast

Sorry, just have to post this again:
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-ad973490672e7a15ed1dfb4523da1be6.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis