DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

obie_fl

Enthusiast
I guess I'm kind of surprised there is even discussion over whether this TADG is MLS. If it's not him I'd eat my..... lets see...I know I'll eat one of my AV123 promotional CD openers. If it's not him I've seriously under estimated Kyle's sense of humor. As I said earlier it is down right surreal.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I guess I'm kind of surprised there is even discussion over whether this TADG is MLS. If it's not him I'd eat my..... lets see...I know I'll eat one of my AV123 promotional CD openers. If it's not him I've seriously under estimated Kyle's sense of humor. As I said earlier it is down right surreal.
Well, I can't see the posts (blocked IP at home as well as at work), but based solely on droht's post...
Pics of exotic cabinets they are shipping that he apologizes for because of poor light, followed up an enthusiastic supporter saying they are most beautiful speakers ever.
...it certainly sounds pretty clear to me, as well.

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
Phew - i have read every page of this thread now - just registered here.

can't stand what's going on at av123 - TADG's post just made me almost lose it - it IS MLS i bet!

Chu: well done, man! I have been following the unraveling of this saga from day 1 ... have been a member at av123forum for the last few yrs, but not active in the last 2 yrs or so, when the place began to look shady.

Hello to everyone that I know from the better days there! :)

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
If there is anybody out there that actually doesn't think TADG is Mark then they are probably the same people who will line up to prepay for the RSC500. Personally I took TADG to stand for "a tad guilty". I thought he was showing his sense of humor, or "humour".:rolleyes:

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
I'm fairly confident it is him. Why wouldn't it be? Isn't it in MLS's nature to go and rally the troops to inspire hope, courage, and spending money?

On the other hand, the finish on those LS9's made me drool. Makes me want Zu speakers with the same finish.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
Unless they are talking about the LS-4 or LS-Center, that is. I believe that Danny felt both were poor applications of the line source concept. The LS-4 is too short to be a proper line source, and the LS-Center was at one time reported to use a "tipped over line source" concept that would only be optimal for someone sitting between the edges of the speaker. I doubt that he would have much interest in offering kits for them through GR Research if he disagrees with the idea behind the designs.
I always wondered about that LS-4 because I knew from reading Danny's forum why it wouldn't work and why he didn't recommend it. But Danny has already designed a center channel to work with a line source. He designed it back when he was still marketing the Alpha. It used the same drivers, the Neo8 arranged horizontally above the woofer, and the face was faceted, so the front baffle curved. Only one was built, by a customer, but Danny came up with the design and network, and from what was reported it worked pretty well. I gave it the name Centurion on AC, but it never caught on. I used to have a picture of it on my AC photo page, but I haven't visited it in so long I don't know if it is still there. So that design has been there on the back burner all along. But during the design of the LS speakers, before AV123 got involved with its version called Focus, Danny mentioned on his own site that he had ideas about a matching center and surrounds. Later on I think he suggested that LS owners could use an OB7 or OB5, but with the woofers moved to the ends, basically an X-Voce but with the Neo3.

That may end up being the best option. Because no matter what TADG posts on AV123 forum, if it took two years to get my LS6, and people are still waiting for their LS9s after 4 or 5 years, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything but the company going out of business.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
It may be him, but I would suspect TADG isn't registered as him. Rather, I would suspect it's his wife or Suzy with the edge going to the former. He says what he wants and she paraphrases it. Aside from the fact that Mark actually posting would generate other sorts of comments, if he shows such activity then he can't milk the 'oh my heart, I'm weak and suffering angle' which might be useful come trial time. If I was Danny, the only reason I'd even consider maitaining any kind of relationship would be if he was paying him for work he's done a long time ago but never got compensated for.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
Well, I sure don't think it's the T***k Audio Design Group.
Alright, maybe I'm dense, but I'm having trouble figuring out what dirty word that is. Can somebody help a moron?

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I didn't read TADG's posts earlier. I just read all of them. There is absolutely 0 doubt in my mind that it's MLS.

In case anyone is on the fence TADG has all the markings of MLS.
  • He actually knows about products in design (try asking Kyle or anyone else at VA321 about an unreleased product :p )
  • He's posting pictures of products still in design
  • He apologizes for his poor photography skills

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Phew - i have read every page of this thread now - just registered here.

can't stand what's going on at av123 - TADG's post just made me almost lose it - it IS MLS i bet!

Chu: well done, man! I have been following the unraveling of this saga from day 1 ... have been a member at av123forum for the last few yrs, but not active in the last 2 yrs or so, when the place began to look shady.

Hello to everyone that I know from the better days there! :)
When you go back and read the early posts at AV451 with the benefit of present knowledge, you start to see how it's been shady for an awful long time. The folks that need to be thanked are those that kept their raffle PayPal receipts and cooperated with the authorities. There are also people who've indicated their willingness to be witnesses when the matter comes to trial and provide testimony. Then there's the fine detective work that took place as well as a couple of charities who did their own internal investigations and cooperated with the authorities. Like everyone has correctly pointed out, I never had a dog in the hunt and could never provide a PayPal receipt. All a lot of us did was ask questions, get answers and made sure the right people were talking to each other.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Alright, maybe I'm dense, but I'm having trouble figuring out what dirty word that is. Can somebody help a moron?
I'm just guessing here, but I think it rhymes with weak, beak, phreak, leak, teak, meek, zeke, etc.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
If there is anybody out there that actually doesn't think TADG is Mark then they are probably the same people who will line up to prepay for the RSC500. Personally I took TADG to stand for "a tad guilty". I thought he was showing his sense of humor, or "humour".:rolleyes:
I bet Dane doesn't think it's MLS. :rolleyes:

M

mhawker

Audioholic
I think they are MLS' words, but I don't think it's MLS typing (as Chu mentioned also). The formatting is different from his usual way of typing.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Who else would make an entire post with just an ellipses and a smilie icon. :D Also using the words "for sure" and mentioning the quality of the photo. TadG has a similar posting style. How about the new Denon advertisment on the forum, who do you think wrote that?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Who else would make an entire post with just an ellipses and a smilie icon. :D Also using the words "for sure" and mentioning the quality of the photo. TadG has a similar posting style. How about the new Denon advertisment on the forum, who do you think wrote that?
Someone should contact Denon to find out if AV451 is an authorized reseller of their products. After all, there are warranty issues at play here.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Someone should contact Denon to find out if AV451 is an authorized reseller of their products. After all, there are warranty issues at play here.
Good point. I notice they censor the word Denon and the model numbers on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis