DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The MFW-15 product literature has reached almost an enigma status. Only 123 could pull something like this off. I want it posted so I can read the years of hard work that went into creating this masterpiece. Actually with the years of development that went into this owners manual, it better have Mr. Schifter magically pop out in the living room with a screwdriver in hand.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
There are graphs and pictures missing and there are parts where it is documented where it needs additional text. The funny thing is if you read the other manuals, the majority of the manual is copied and pasted directly or copied and pasted and they have just inserted MFW-15 in replacement. There really can't be any excuse why customers have not received this owners manual along with their purchase of the MFW-15. Unacceptable. It would have been a decent manual when all said and done too.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I hope you post at other sites that you now have the 99% completed manual, gonk. It should make everyone's life much easier.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Who wrote this garbage?
AV123 said:
At AV123, we don’t want to see any of our customers experience the inconvenience or unfortunate mishap of a precaution that was ignored. Please review the following precautions so you may enjoy your AV123 MFW-15 subwoofer without unnecessary damage or misuse.
Those have got to be the most awkwardly written sentences I've seen in a long time. Something like this would be far clearer and understandable.
Stereodude said:
We at VA321 want your MFW-15 subwoofer to provide you enjoyment for years to come. As a result, we have put together a list of tips and suggestions to help maximize your MFW-15 experience.

Overall, much of the grammar and English is very odd. The intermittent attempts at being funny seem out of place too. There's no flow to the manual it seems very cobbled together. It also seem that it is based off the X-sub manual.

woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
Is it just me, or does that phrase read "We don't want your subwoofer to break because YOU did something stupid, so be sure to read the list of precautions to you can enjoy your subwofer without breaking it?"

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Overall, much of the grammar and English is very odd. The intermittent attempts at being funny seem out of place too. There's no flow to the manual it seems very cobbled together.
This is what good blow can do for you...

O

obie_fl

Enthusiast
I saw the TADG thing earlier. Pretty pathetic and kind of surreal at the same time. The guy has no shame. Looks like business as usual.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Who is TADG?

http://forums.av123.com/member.php?u=10781

According to a post from Kyle, he is the Product Development Manager

http://forums.av123.com/showpost.php?p=759681&postcount=111

Looks like he's taking the lead on product development news. Perhaps the torch has been passed....?
I saw those posts. Just assumed it was mls posting as an admin. Those are his kind of posts. Pics of exotic cabinets they are shipping that he apologizes for because of poor light, followed up an enthusiastic supporter saying they are most beautiful speakers ever. Kind of felt like a time warp for a second.

Let's do the Time Warp again...

Attachments

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Looks like he's taking the lead on product development news. Perhaps the torch has been passed....?
When I read that statement and think of av123 all I can picture is something like this:

But maybe that is just me.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
If they are talking about LS designs, then the "distinguished help . . . from an old friend" must mean Danny. I suppose the good news there is that if he does design something, after we see pictures of it on AV123, we might actually be able to buy it from GR Research.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I suppose the good news there is that if he does design something, after we see pictures of it on AV123, we might actually be able to buy it from GR Research.
Why would we want to buy from GR Research when VA321 offers that convenient pre-pay plan? :D

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
From the description, it sounds like either Mark writing posts with a new account or someone trying to imitate his style. Either move makes sense in a way - they probably don't want Mark posting anymore (at least not through his MLS account), so they need a new face to use for the "teases" that have been so effective at keeping customer's attention.
If they are talking about LS designs, then the "distinguished help . . . from an old friend" must mean Danny. I suppose the good news there is that if he does design something, after we see pictures of it on AV123, we might actually be able to buy it from GR Research.
Unless they are talking about the LS-4 or LS-Center, that is. I believe that Danny felt both were poor applications of the line source concept. The LS-4 is too short to be a proper line source, and the LS-Center was at one time reported to use a "tipped over line source" concept that would only be optimal for someone sitting between the edges of the speaker. I doubt that he would have much interest in offering kits for them through GR Research if he disagrees with the idea behind the designs.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
I saw those posts. Just assumed it was mls posting as an admin. Those are his kind of posts. Pics of exotic cabinets they are shipping that he apologizes for because of poor light, followed up an enthusiastic supporter saying they are most beautiful speakers ever. Kind of felt like a time warp for a second.

Let's do the Time Warp again...
I think TADG probably is an acronym. The poster mentioned "Development Group" with caps several times.

Also if Mark was not behind it any more you would think they would advertise the heck out of that news, so for now I think the assumption that it is MLS or a MLS lackey is probably spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis