TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oh and I guess my center only ways 69 pounds:eek: but it feels like a 100 when your trying to move it lol

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Its not that I feel I need more power but I thought maybe clarity even though im happy with that to it would be nice. Heres some specs on my 60's and 690 center http://archive2.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=70187
I meant 3rd party measurements, with all those cool graphs, impedance curve, voltage/current phase, etc. No biggie.

You know who could probably help you is PENG. PM him perhaps. However, if your system is "calibrated", you will want to state at which volume you play at, ie -10, etc.

Distance you sit from speakers plays a factor too, so might as well note that too.

OTOH, a few folks simply demand outboard amplification, like TLS Guy, who would state that if your speaker has 2 woofers, it is essentially a 4ohm speaker already.

Otherwise, it looks like they have good sensitivity, and are 8 ohm nominal. Your money might be better spent on treatments, if SQ is the priority.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Yes I calibrated my system with a spl meter and avia disc at a higher level for reference then I normally listen to it but just wanted it so when I did push it the sound would be clean . But I used the setup on my AVR to with the mic and saved that on another memory and its actually pretty close db wise .Maybe I should look into room acoustic "to" you haven't steered me wrong yet ;) and I value your educated oppinion and input .

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for your confidence, and open mind. To be quite honest, I am not worried for the looks in there. Well, that is a very subjective opinion. What is more difficult is the price, for broadband absorption is not exactly cheap.

If willing to go DIY, you can save quite a bit. nibhaz has posted some excellent videos/links for that, I can grab some at some point for you.

Also, I would take some photos, and pick b pape's brain in the acoustics subforum. He is a rep for GIK. You can take a look at rmk's system, as his room is loaded with that stuff. GIK uses mineral wool.

If your present room is like your last room, and your head is near the back wall, that will definitely benefit greatly from heavy treating, as muddying bass is collecting there. EDIT: Of course, pulling the couch away is an excellent idea.

ATM, I exclusively use GIK and Real Traps. You will note the latter is quite expensive, in great part because they use OC 705, but I was lucky to land a whole bunch at Audiogon for half off. Hm, the GIK site is not working so well right now.

http://www.gikacoustics.com/gik_room_kits.html
http://www.realtraps.com/products.htm

a pic of rmk's front wall, covered in GIK. He also has side walls, ceiling, and back wall heavily treated.
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/rmk_01/004-21.jpg

Last edited:
G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Factor...forget the amplifier you do not need one with that Elite receiver and those easy to drive Paradigms.
I used to run an Emotiva LPA-1 amplifier because I thought I needed one with my current speaker set-up. I was wrong and sold it.
Emotiva does make a great amp though.
Like Josten said, look at room treatments

TheFactor

TheFactor

Oh well 1 out of 2 isnt bad : ) I was hoping you guys were going to tell the emo was a good idea. I love the way it looks and wanted one for a while but dont want it just for looks that for sure. Well I have to be up in 4 1/2 hours :eek: So I better sleep on it . Nite guys :cool:

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Oh well 1 out of 2 isnt bad : ) I was hoping you guys were going to tell the emo was a good idea. I love the way it looks and wanted one for a while but dont want it just for looks that for sure. Well I have to be up in 4 1/2 hours :eek: So I better sleep on it . Nite guys :cool:
Do you ever sleep ?!? ;)

I have a suggestion...

Why don't you start your own thread to discuss about the 65V10 and setup ?!? :) :) :)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Do you ever sleep ?!? ;)

I have a suggestion...

Why don't you start your own thread to discuss about the 65V10 and setup ?!? :) :) :)

Hmmm but then I really would never get any sleep I thought you were my friend :mad: :p :D lol Actualy thats a good idea if I can pull myself away from my new Panny lol Its like a big magnet that keeps pulling me over to the couch...I love it :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Put some of my cigar humidors on the bottom shelf of my display stand and im undecided if I like them there. Pass or play ?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Heres a shot without for comparison

Of course the cables would be nice and neat unlike the pic

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
The humidors look pretty nice there. I have one too, but it is much smaller than those :D I do like a nice cigar tho!

TheFactor

TheFactor

The humidors look pretty nice there. I have one too, but it is much smaller than those :D I do like a nice cigar tho!
I've collected them for 4 or 5 years now so I have around 8 or so humidors fully stocked :eek: The problem is I very rarely smoke them now so my collection has grown and having to keep the correct humidity and temperature in all of them can be very challenging . I really need a walk in humidor or just one huge one . But my interests have changed and im more focused on my mini HT lol . Anyway I kept looking at that shelf tyring to figure out what I could put on there and those came to mind so I just tried to find some that the wood grain and color would blend the best. My other option was leaving it empty which gives it a clean look well once I organise my cables and maybe put my speed racer model on there and a pretty slick dragster and some other diecast collectibles but those humidors are starting to look good there now that im getting use to them but wanted some other opinions. Im glad you like them there to , guess i'll have to look at it a few more days and decide . Btw still enjoy a nice cigar periodically but I dont smoke in my house only in my garage or patio so im looking forward to summer but I might sneak one in the garage during half time Sunday but dont want to miss any of those classic commercials they play during the super bowl but guess I could tape it :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
That sure looks nice and wouldn't change a thing:). I used picture frames in the same manner in my hope to hide all the freaking wires back there....it worked:D.

TheFactor

TheFactor

It looks great IMO !!!!!!!!!!!

That sure looks nice and wouldn't change a thing:). I used picture frames in the same manner in my hope to hide all the freaking wires back there....it worked:D.
Cool im really starting to like the looks to and you guys are confirming it was a good choice Thanks !!!
The "Al Natural" wiring job needs some attention:p
And you !!! :p :D Your so Wright but in my own defence that was when I just hooked up the display and hadnt got to the wires yet so there :D But my wires still need much love I need to pick up some sort of cable management straps and get busy this weekend . But im still thinking of adding a EMO XPA-3 or XPA1 to the mix so might just straighten all my cables up then when im back there . Hmmmm thats a great excuse dont ya think :p :D p.s Not that the emotiva's arent good amps but i'd be getting it against the advice of some very knowledge friends on this forum " You know who you are" and Probably wouldnt prosper from the new amp and I mean no disrespect because there advice is top knotch its just i've been wanting one for a long time .

Last edited:
TheFactor

TheFactor

Udate : (

Ok guys :confused: There seems to be a frenzy going on about the black level rise on these Panny plasma some have it some dont Im guessing I contacted my dealer and I have 45 days for an exchange for my beloved Panny and they come to my house and pick up my current 1 week old Panny Tc-p65v10 and replace it with what ever I choose so thats good news . I love this Display though the PQ is amazing but I must admit I am concerned about this black level issue and because of the customer review complaints cnet as removed it from the top choice . So anyway my question is when I brought this up about the black issue rising he told me that it can be corrected by calibration and I explained well what if in a 1000 hours the blacks get washed out he said just get it re calibrated again . So again my question is can this black rising issue be corrected by calibration? I honestly beleive this is what he thinks and did offer me a way out by saying if im not happy he'll pickup my Display and deliver the one I want in its place at the same time so thats reassuring and I mentioned that my second choice was the Sammy 850 and he said I could have one of the 2010 models in about 2 weeks if I wanted so im pretty happy about that. So my question is can this black level rise be corrected by calibration ? I love this Panny guys but im concerned it 2 years down the road it has this problem and im stuck with it. So guys I need your advice again :( But I know you'll give me good advice :) Help !!!

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
So, what kind of Pioneer Elites do they carry?

I have a friend who bought the same TV as yours, as you might recall. I still haven't seen it at his place. He got a steal on it, as my good friend hooked him up with a Pana discount. Even with that deal on the table, did I make sure to tell him about the pros/cons of going with Pioneer.

Well, I haven't told him about the rising blacks. He can't return it. I will tell you my thoughts honestly: 1) I doubt the blacks will rise so much to become a light grey! (can't say it won't, just doubt it). 2) Even if they did rise considerably, I honestly don't think he will notice.

If it was super bad, and super rampant, EVERYBODY and their mom would be complaining and returning their sets.

The above all said, you paid a lot for your set, and you're pretty obsessed about this stuff. Therefore, because you can return it, I think you should, if you can land a Pio. When you pay that much, it should better work, and work damn well. If you can't land a Pio, perhaps a Samsung (given that their report card is excellent for '09), otherwise, honestly, I'd stick with the V10 over any LCD. That's just me, and I hope you get more opinions.

I'm sorry that you have to stress over such a major purchase. Sometimes it is more painful to be educated about product purchases. :rolleyes:

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
So anyway my question is when I brought this up about the black issue rising he told me that it can be corrected by calibration and I explained well what if in a 1000 hours the blacks get washed out he said just get it re calibrated again . So again my question is can this black rising issue be corrected by calibration?
NOPE !!!

No calibration will be able to bring the deepest black level back.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis