C

clouso

Banned
I would go for LCD. I don't know about you guys... but LCD, is my choice. WHY? Because it has a very longer lifetime, and i think it's decent quality.
Coolzrock i dont wanna be rude but i dont think your very aware about the lifespan of new plasmas..lol...first you have a better PQ with plasma and second the life span of newer plasmas over 100,000hrs...why the hell the guy would go for a very poor viewing angle and a less accurate display!...uhh!

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
LCD's are great displays I have a 40" Sammy wall mounted in my bedroom and love it !! But wanted something different for my main room also not sure if your aware of it or not but the new Plasma's have a life span around 20 years. So anyway lately I've been going threw displays about every few years and up grading so 20 years should be more than enough time to enjoy my new plasma if I dont get up grade-itis in the interim :D
FWIW by the time a plasma reaches half life, most would have bought a new display:D You'll be into FP at that point:p

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
FWIW by the time a plasma reaches half life, most would have bought a new display:D You'll be into FP at that point:p
LOL and im sure you guys wont rest until I do go with a FP SETUP :p :D But its been a very long learning curve over the years and im sure that FP will be around one of the curves someday :D

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Hey Gov can you recommend any quick settings I can use for starters ?
Sure....

Custom Mode

Contrast = 73-75
Brightness = 60-62
Color = 38-41
Tint = 0
Sharpness = 0
Color Temp = Warm 1 (Warm 2 after applying service mode tweaks)
Gamma = Mid
Panel Brightness = Mid

Pro W/B settings leave at 0 for now

THX Mode

Leave at the defaults except turn sharpness down to 0 and change Color Temp to Warm 1.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Thanks Gov !!! :) Do you think THX is better for blu-rays ? Or just leave it on either one of your recommendations for everything ?

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Thanks Gov !!! :) Do you think THX is better for blu-rays ? Or just leave it on either one of your recommendations for everything ?
For the most part, I prefer THX mode in a dark room with bias lighting. Otherwise, I leave it in custom mode all the time.

C

clouso

Banned
Go with THX right away!...i did it with my g10 and i didnt regret it..first you will have a more accurate picture and second when you will be use to THX you will not want anything else then that for blu-rays!..;)...it is dimmer but accuracy comes with a dimmer picture!...:D

TheFactor

TheFactor

For the most part, I prefer THX mode in a dark room with bias lighting. Otherwise, I leave it in custom mode all the time.
Cool thanks, they just called and there ten minutes away with my new display :eek: :D

C

clouso

Banned
I also use THX only for blu-rays but to me it looks awesome.....i use costom for normal viewing...:)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Cool thanks, they just called and there ten minutes away with my new display :eek: :D
So, have you put your diapers on yet? Nature will call when you see the thing in your LR.

j/k

Well, congratulations on choosing, IMO, the most desirable TV that is currently made in the entire universe (I talk with Martians regularly, and they confirm), at least for anything that is less than 103" in diameter, or $40,000 in price.

TheFactor

TheFactor

So, have you put your diapers on yet? Nature will call when you see the thing in your LR.

j/k

Well, congratulations on choosing, IMO, the most desirable TV that is currently made in the entire universe (I talk with Martians regularly, and they confirm), at least for anything that is less than 103" in diameter, or $40,000 in price.
Thankyou : )OMG its incredible they just delivered it and havent changed any settings yet and have standard hd cable some golf channel and the blacks and colors, just everything is breath taking :eek: Im so happy I think im going to cry . I have to run to the store and pickup a nice beefy ext cord because it wont reach my power conditioner so its plugged directly into the wall and its making me nervous. I am so glad I went with this display Thankyou so much Josten for the guidance well ok dragging me this direction lol AND OF COURSE Gov And all for the help. IM SO HAPPY WITH THE PIC and its a beautiful display it looks huge. The PICTURE IS INCREDIBLE ok sorry about the caps im just excited and looking for my diapers as we speak :eek: :D

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Glad you like it! Let me know if I could be of any further help. I will be up all night tonight (gotta work :mad:) and will be here off and on. I know you won't get much sleep :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Glad you like it! Let me know if I could be of any further help. I will be up all night tonight (gotta work :mad:) and will be here off and on. I know you won't get much sleep :D
You are so wright and my friends coming to pick up my old display and then have to organise my HT then get a ext cord because my power cord wont reach my power conditioner . Its going to be a busy day but tonights going to be movie night :D Sorry you have to work to toonight thats a bummer. Ok i'll shoot you a pm if needed thanks again !!

C

clouso

Banned
Thankyou : )OMG its incredible they just delivered it and havent changed any settings yet and have standard hd cable some golf channel and the blacks and colors, just everything is breath taking :eek: Im so happy I think im going to cry . I have to run to the store and pickup a nice beefy ext cord because it wont reach my power conditioner so its plugged directly into the wall and its making me nervous. I am so glad I went with this display Thankyou so much Josten for the guidance well ok dragging me this direction lol AND OF COURSE Gov And all for the help. IM SO HAPPY WITH THE PIC and its a beautiful display it looks huge. The PICTURE IS INCREDIBLE ok sorry about the caps im just excited and looking for my diapers as we speak :eek: :D
congrats again!!;)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Hey guys whats the best type of cloth to dust off the screen and frame when needed ?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Cool thanks !!! I have to run to the store and pick one up since I have to pick up a beefy extension cord since it wont reach my power conditioner had to plug it into the wall for now . Second thought I might have a microfiber laying around but think i'll get a nice fresh new one lol.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
Cool thanks !!! I have to run to the store and pick one up since I have to pick up a beefy extension cord since it wont reach my power conditioner had to plug it into the wall for now . Second thought I might have a microfiber laying around but think i'll get a nice fresh new one lol.
Check the materials that came with the TV. My X1 and my dad's S1 came with a microfiber cloth, so I would assume that yours did too.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Check the materials that came with the TV. My X1 and my dad's S1 came with a microfiber cloth, so I would assume that yours did too.
Thats correct thanks I just checked and theres a blue one in there , thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis