End of the line for IBM's Cell what does this mean for the PS3

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Please forgive any mistakes I make I'm using the PS3 to write this. If Sony stays true to form we will see a new console in 2 yrs. I hope they don't and improve upon the PS3.
Ares,

Jeez, that is a poor excuse for making mistakes ... blaming it on the lowly PS3 ... let's check into the "H" of the HMI :D

Peace and Just Kidding ;)

Forest Man

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Who else will I blame not me that's for sure I using a business standard of CMA:D

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
This.

The team of artists is far more important than the graphics now days. Uncharted 2 is kickass because it had great concept art, which made great environments, and that's what makes the game cool (imo)
But without the excellent programmers that used every bit of the capability of the architecture, the artist's concepts could not have been realized to such an accurate vision in actual game play. :)

Most games on the PS3 do not even come close to the 'technical' accomplishments seen in Uncharted 2, resulting in far fewer polygons used to render environments and characters and far less sophisticated texturing schemes, due to the inefficiencies caused by sloppy/hurried programming/development.

-Chris

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Game developers have yet to unlock the full capabilities of the PS3's cell, this was true for the PS2 until the release of FFX which took full advantage of the PS2's capabilities. Now the reason it is taking soon long for this to happen is because many game developers have steered a way from the PS3 because the claim is it's difficult,well soon they won't have much choice.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Game developers have yet to unlock the full capabilities of the PS3's cell, this was true for the PS2 until the release of FFX which took full advantage of the PS2's capabilities. Now the reason it is taking soon long for this to happen is because many game developers have steered a way from the PS3 because the claim is it's difficult,well soon they won't have much choice.
I was wrong on the game title that took most use of the PS2's capabilities it was God of War II.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/90568/sony-nobody-will-ever-tap-full-potential-of-ps3/

The claim is FFXIII will use 100% of PS3's capabilities.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90608-Final-Fantasy-XIII-Will-Use-100-of-PS3s-Power

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis