mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Go Giants

Oh Sh-*t, wrong thread. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

Got to admit, being a new team called "Virgin Racing" is worth a laugh.

After the first race do they have to change the name? Slut Racing? :rolleyes:

annunaki

annunaki

So who going to be the best of the new teams. I think Lotus is on top. Virgin is going to have a rude awakening, especially wearing those silly leather jackets, LOL! This is all about marketing for Virgin, the team will be sold after 1 maybe 2 years.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-news/225020/branson-virgin-can-go-all-the-way/
Agreed regarding Virgin.

Assuming they have some decent drivers I actually think that USF! may be the best of the new bunch. Windsor & Anderson are definitely going about it the right way. They simply need some talented butts in the seats.

annunaki

annunaki

Got to admit, being a new team called "Virgin Racing" is worth a laugh.

After the first race do they have to change the name? Slut Racing? :rolleyes:
No that is after race 16 or so :D

After the first they will be Deflowered Racing.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Is Branson serious, I think he's losing it. Since when is good looks a criteria for choosing a driver?

"Richard Branson has revealed he was on the hunt for a female driver to race for his Virgin Formula One team next year.

He told the Daily Star he wanted IndyCar driver Danica Patrick in his line-up for 2010, but couldn't persuade her to leave the USA. She has experienced success in America's premier single-seater series, finishing fifth in this year's championship and winning a race in 2008.

"I would have loved to have had a looker like Danica drive," he told the paper. "She is not only good and quick, she's a stunner. I believe there is room for women drivers in F1."

Team principal Alex Tai said Virgin had searched for a female driver, but couldn't track down a suitable candidate.

"There isn't really a female out there right now who could do it," Tai said. "This is a really physical and exhausting sport and they would find it hard to cope."

Timo Glock and Lucas di Grassi will race for Virgin next year, while GP2 drivers Alvaro Parente and Luiz Razia have been named as test drivers. At the team's launch, Branson said he felt his line-up for 2010 was the next best thing to having a female driver.

"We've got tremendous drivers, all four of them," Branson said. "I wanted four female drivers but we've ended up with four of the best looking male drivers out there. They're the kind of drivers that will embrace the fans, which I don't think has happened much before. They'll spend time with the fans and we won't put a big barbed-wire fence between the two."

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Looks like Schumacher is back. Link As an F1 fan I am excited he is back but as a Ferrari fan I wish he was driving for them.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I don't think he'll tarnish his rep if he's not successful. He's accomplished so much, there's nothing else to prove. This just shows how much he loves the sport.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
He's the Brett Favre of F1.
Boooooooooooooooo!

Don't even go there! Favre was a total joke for multiple years. Now if he jerks every one around until right before the season starts he'll be 1/4 Favre...

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/videos/invigorated-schumacher-ready-to-return_254/

Interview with Shuey at the announcement of his return. I also read an article about Alex Yoong saying he was shocked and upset that Petronas decided to sponsor the new Mercedes team instead of the Malaysian owned Lotus. LOL, ok, on the one hand you have a constructors world champion, Ross Brawn as team principal, Shuey and Rosberg as drivers and Mercedes as engine and technical supplier, on the other hand you have a brand new unproven team that hasn't has a car on track, with the biggest thing for them being the name Lotus, what did he expect!

majorloser

majorloser

I have no reason to believe the Shue won't do well this season. It will be a new ballgame for everybody. I'm sure he may not be at the same level he was three years ago, but he should still be competitive.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I agree, even if he's 75% of his past peak, if he has a good car, he'll still be on the pace.

majorloser

majorloser

I'd think there'd be some problems with last minute lane changes. It would be interesting, though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis