UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

majorloser

majorloser

OMG, what a boring race.
Agreed, luckily I recorded it and watched it late last night. Fast forwarded though the whole thing. If the exhaust on Vettel's car would have held together there would have been almost no changes in the running order.

One race into the season and I already hate the new rules.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The constant rule changes year to year are getting on my nerves.:mad: over the last few years...KERS no KERS / have to run hard and soft tires in the same race / refuel No refuel / 8 engines a year...What ever happened to small tweaks to the formula to make things better instead of change for change sake.:confused:

I watched a couple of minutes of Wind Tunnel and David Hobbs made the comment that the FIA will probably ask Bridgestone to supply tires that don't last as long...:)

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I hope so, something has to be done. IRL street races are way more fun to watch.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Lol, ok maybe that was said in the heat of the moment, but at least there's some overtaking action :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
My interest in F1 petered out after Villeneuve left. I know he has plenty of detractors out there, but you can't deny that he was more entertaining than most other drivers. F1 has been little more than a high speed parade for many years now. I remember watching Gilles Villeneuve, Arnoux, Prost, etc. Now that was entertaining. I can still picture G. Villeneuve and Arnoux bashing wheels together, as they tried to get ahead of each other. Off the track, they were the best of friends. Without more evenly matched cars, the drama is gone...

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well, here's to hoping Australia makes for a much better show. Look out for Virgin running out of gas, as apparently they have to redesign the chassis because the fuel tank is not big enough!!

annunaki

annunaki

I agree. I hope that Australia turns out a bit better than the last race.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Man that Redbull is lightening fast! Rumours are that they have some fancy way of adjusting ride height after quali, which is supposed to be illegal.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Man, that was a great race, yes it was the rain, but also Hamiltons driving that put on a great show. I think Vettel is cursed and that Hamilton will no longer be the golden boy at Maclaren. Buttons drive coupled with Hamiltons outburst at the team will only serve to divide the team. Notice, Whitmarsh never apologized for the call, whereas I'm sure Ron Dennis would have.

annunaki

annunaki

Definitely a much better race. Vettel is really quick!! Too bad he keeps getting let down.

I am still not impressed by lap times over 6 seconds slower than even a few years ago however. :(

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Wow, another fantastic drive from Hamilton!! Good drive by Sutil to defend against Hamilton too.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
100 bucks says Flavio Briatori comes back as Bernies replacement or some assistant!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis