UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

annunaki

annunaki

I'm glad to see McLarceny can still make a car fail when it's needed most. I'll bet Kimi got a kick out of that.

Next year should be interesting to say the least. It will be weird not having refueling strategy being part of the race. And it will also be weird not having BMW around.
Tire strategy will play in heavily though. :D

A car that is easy on tires that can still put some heat into them will be crucial. Go engineers!

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yes, I think Brawn will have an edge on being easy on the tires, but it's getting the heat in that they have had issues with.

Brawn and Redbull will be strong again, but Ferrari stopped developing this years car mid season and started on next years car and on the flip side Mclaren kept going and still had a strong car this season.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Started watching World Rally Championship again after 10 years. Only 2 works car manufacturers, Citroen and Ford. Seriously, that's it!

majorloser

majorloser

Bummer, Toyota has quit. Not surprised though.
I had a feeling it was coming, but it still sucks. I really like the aggresive way Kobayashi was driving. He is a perfect fit for a Japanese team.

majorloser

majorloser

I would not surprise me to see Kimi driving for the new Mercedes team. Not sure how he'd work out driving along side Hamilton if McLarceny picks him up from Big Red.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Mclaren sign Button, Kimi to sit 2010 season! I think this is the end for Kimi in F1. But seriously, Brawn, Mclaren, Ferrari and Red Bull should all have great cars next season. Next season we could have a 4/6 way fight for the championship!

I'm pulling for Rosberg to finally step it up. Mclaren with 2 champions and Ferrari with Alonso, man talk about rivalry, Mclaren vs Ferrari, Hamilton vs Alonso, you just can't make make this stuff up! I think Massa is going to get his butt handed to him by Alonso.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I think Massa is going to get his butt handed to him by Alonso.

One would think so...I thought Kimi would but in the end not so much. Kimi really disappointed me in the end.

Any word on USF1 drivers???

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Nope, no word on UF1 drivers. I would think they would nab Heikki, for all I know Villeneuve may just show up again! Kimi just lost the passion, man, what a bummer for a really talented river. I think Brawn is going with Rosberg and Heidfeld.

annunaki

annunaki

The Mercedes buy of Brawn was an interesting twist.

The silly season is nearing the peak!

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah it was. I want to know what happened with Button and Brawn. Was Button really asking for that much money, or was he pushed out by Mercedes?

majorloser

majorloser

I'd say it probably was more about having an "all British" team. That and the fact that Button will be driving for one of the biggest names in F1. I'm sure he'll get way more endorsement deals.

I'll be really surprised if Brawn/Merc can keep up the pace next year. They have the engine, but will they have the whole package.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I think they can. Maybe they just didn't have the financial resources to keep developing the car towards the end of the season. With the championships, maybe they tagged some big sponsors for next season.

Speaking of sponsors, I hope Branson/Virgin doesn't think being title sponsor with Manor is going to reap big rewards. A big brand like Virgin should be with a front runner, not a likely back marker.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Rosberg to Mercedes GP. Who's going to get the last competitive seat. Shuey making a comeback?

Also, Jose Maria Lopez, from Argentina says he's got a deal with USF1. Why this guy? He's tested with Renault, but other than that he's raced in GP2 with only 1 race win and won Argentina's DTM championship. Must be bringing sponsorship as there are way more qualified candidates out there.

Last edited:
annunaki

annunaki

Rosberg to Mercedes was no surprise. Schumacher's comeback has been all but ruled out by Mercedes as well.

It will be interesting to see who else gets tapped for race seats. Who the #@%! is Lopez? They would be better off bringing in Rossi (Formula BMW champ). At least we know he can win in a formula car (and is an American driver).

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Lol, yeah Lopez as driver choice is strange. Well Kimi is going to race WRC and BMW/Sauber is now on the grid as the 132th team. Wonder if Heidfeld is going to stay.

annunaki

annunaki

The Schumacher to Mercedes thing just won't go away. Here's to one hoping it is true. The ole boy still has it. I just hope the car does.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis