Status
Not open for further replies.
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
At Chris' recommendation: I bought 3 Yamaha 2500S and 1 3500S pro-amps from his local dealer. I'm thinking I should go get some 4-conductor speaker cable.
Next I suggest room treatments. You will need a lot of them. :D

If you are lazy then you can source the materials via ata acoustics and put them together for pretty cheap.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
If anyone is interested:
The last of the amps, if not already there, should be available for Chris to pick up early this week. I've got to order cabling and connectors (which cost noticeably more when you need 4 per speaker) and will get those in this week.

Chris has been really helpful with suggestions, and says we may be able to complete by end of year (*fingers crossed*)

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
No offense to Chris, but I would not put too much stock on completion dates. Perhaps you should cross your fingers, arms and legs.:)

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
No offense to Chris, but I would not put too much stock on completion dates. Perhaps you should cross your fingers, arms and legs.:)
I figure I'll spend new-year's eve holding a gun the Chris's omni-polars while he programs my cross-overs ;)

[Yes, I'm kidding]

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
How about some pic's of the gun then? :D
I'll have to wait till I get home (no camera at work): but my normal carry is a Glock 23 (unconcealed) , or Glock 27 (concealed)... in case you want to look up a generic.

Still. For speaker-hunting I might to better to bring the 12-gauge skeet gun :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'll have to wait till I get home (no camera at work): but my normal carry is a Glock 23 (unconcealed) , or Glock 27 (concealed)... in case you want to look up a generic.
I hope you're a cop! Otherwise, you're scaring me!:eek:

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I think the only weapon needed in this case may be some really awful sounding speakers played at extreme levels, I am sure with such treatment WmAx would cave and give in to your demands.
Just remember to where your Bose apparel to fit the part.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja

The woman and I just picked up a couple of nice toys as well, I am kinda partial to the H&K, so I got a P30 9mm and she picked up a really nice used HK45 - both of them are so darn comfortable.... the Glocks just didn't feel right in my hands...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
When I get back home I'm going to make a point of asking my brother in law to give me some sort of run down on guns and maybe go shooting. I figure I might like to shoot somebody one day and I'd like to know what I'm doing when I do it. I would hate for people to say, "well he shot him but he didn't really know what he was doing".

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
When I get back home I'm going to make a point of asking my brother in law to give me some sort of run down on guns and maybe go shooting. I figure I might like to shoot somebody one day and I'd like to know what I'm doing when I do it. I would hate for people to say, "well he shot him but he didn't really know what he was doing".
I recommend the glock .40 or, if you want more stopping power, the glock 10mm (ammo harder to find, tends to over-penetrate). They are simple to operate (no manual safety, no hammer, SAO), rugged, and *extremely* reliable.

The .40 S&W round is standard issue for the FBI and a great number of police departments. It has excellent stopping ability against unarmored targets (Though I use talon rounds myself: I recommend Federal Hydroshocks to avoid someone calling the shot "malicious wounding").

I also recommend the compact or subcompact as opposed to the full-sized (Glock 21). IME: the long slide on the full-sized handguns tends to cause considerable "up" pull and lengthens the amount of time it takes me to get back on target. The smaller weapons, especially the .27, tend to push straight back into the palm of the hand, and so I can fire multiple shots more quickly without a penalty to accuracy.

The .45 GAP is superior to the .45 ACP because of it's smaller shell size, but it's also less common. I'm not a big fan of either, as there's too much drop at range (it's a low velocity round). The 9mm is OK, especially with a +P round and, again, hydroshock or blossoming rounds: but the .40 is simply better (esp in that it deflects less through light barriers, like a car door).

The only exception would be people with small hands. The grips on the glocks are substantial; which is why it's not usually the weapon I recommend for women (unless they have large hands).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The .40 S&W round is standard issue for the FBI and a great number of police departments.
Yep, and I believe that the FBI chose the Winchester PDX1 165-grain round after an evaluation of various ammunitions.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
... how about if they have an Adam's apple? Some do ya know. True story ... :confused:
Really? Whew. You don't know how much better that makes me feel. I was alway a bit worried about that one time...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Really? Whew. You don't know how much better that makes me feel. I was alway a bit worried about that one time...
Well we're not getting any updated pic's of Matt's speakers, Randy's speakers, Jerry's guns ... how about a pic of this broad with the Adam's apple?

I'm all done here until we get some pic's of something ... anything. :p :D

Hey Adam, remember that one I sent you for the real Ah'ers? :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You should have told me you wanted to do that when you were in Texas. I am pretty certain that it is legal to shoot neighbors here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis