Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Houston, we have a problem. Apparantly I paritioned the drive somehow and have no more room to install my crap. It says I'm using 50+ gigs on this fresh install and only have 9 gigs available. My hard drive is 80 gigs.
That sucks... is it possible that you still have the old version of windows still installed? Does it give you OS options when you boot up?

Does it show multiple drive letters for your HDD in my computer?

Matt34

Matt34

Never mind, just found where windows 7 made a backup folder in the C: drive of my program files.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
How did the race go?
Thanks for asking!

It went pretty good. I'm starting to figure some things out. My lack of fitness plus the 25 pounds I need to lose are holding me back, especially on a day like this. It was fairly cold, and so it was more or less only the hardcore guys out there. I am continuously getting faster, but I'm starting a long way back too. :D

They had the Cat4's do 4 laps, I'd guess the laps were about 2 miles each. It was about 70% grass, 25% paved trail, and then two long trudges through the sand (it was soft and about 4" deep, ug!) and there was one set of short barriers. I had a pretty good time, and there were a few places you could rail around and give it the gas and get moving. One of the sand sections (they both were about 70' long) had a run up before, and a run up after. That last go around I was gassed and could barely get on the bike.

It was a lot fun, especially since I just joined a race team and all of those guys, while 10x faster than me, were very cool and fun to hang with.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks for asking!

It went pretty good. I'm starting to figure some things out. My lack of fitness plus the 25 pounds I need to lose are holding me back, especially on a day like this. It was fairly cold, and so it was more or less only the hardcore guys out there. I am continuously getting faster, but I'm starting a long way back too. :D

They had the Cat4's do 4 laps, I'd guess the laps were about 2 miles each. It was about 70% grass, 25% paved trail, and then two long trudges through the sand (it was soft and about 4" deep, ug!) and there was one set of short barriers. I had a pretty good time, and there were a few places you could rail around and give it the gas and get moving. One of the sand sections (they both were about 70' long) had a run up before, and a run up after. That last go around I was gassed and could barely get on the bike.

It was a lot fun, especially since I just joined a race team and all of those guys, while 10x faster than me, were very cool and fun to hang with.
That sounds great. I really like cross. I've only did a little bit of it but it was great fun. I'm better at those types of races as well. I just don't have the constitution for 80-100 mile races. My body just cramps after 4 hours no matter how much I hydrate.

Our team just got some great news. We are going to host the NYS road and crit championships. This will be our third year for hosting a road race and our second year of having both road and crit weekend. We have a few hammerheads on our team that make the rest of us slackers look good.

It is great to have a team to ride and train with. You really get the extra motivation you need to train hard.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Thanks for asking!

Mperfect,

Congrat on the race... the best part is joining the race team with guys 10x faster--great way to improve your time. A long time ago.. I was into biking pretty heavy and started training with an elite group which was 10 x better than me ... I finally made my goal with that group ---to get a beer :cool:
Let me 'splain each training ride you chipped in a buck and there was a case of cold beer... if you finished about half-way or better you got a cold beeer at the end. If you finsihed in the back of the pack the beer was gone. If I remeber these guys were called the "iron men" and wore the bright green fluorescent jerseys. Let's see I started riding hard in 75 or 76 and this was probably in the mid to late 80s.

Anyway mperfect keep up the great training you are doing!

Peace and Good Luck!

Forest Man

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Alex, suck it up and get your old lady a nice coffee/espresso maker. Sheesh, the things she must put up with to deserve that....:eek:

We use a Gaggia Espresso Pure. It doesn't use filters. It doesn't make coffee. It makes espresso but it also has the steam wand to froth milk for lattes. Be a doll, would ya? Get her a nice machine for Christmas.:cool:

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Alex, suck it up and get your old lady a nice coffee/espresso maker. Sheesh, the things she must put up with to deserve that....:eek:

We use a Gaggia Espresso Pure. It doesn't use filters. It doesn't make coffee. It makes espresso but it also has the steam wand to froth milk for lattes. Be a doll, would ya? Get her a nice machine for Christmas.:cool:
I wouldn't recommend an espresso machine to someone unless they are ready for a commitment. To make use of any espresso machine, even a low end one, you need a quality grinder. If you don't want to go manual, you can get away with something just under $200 otherwise the grind will not be fine enough for a quality cup (the grinder is more important than the machine). So that makes two required appliances, additionally, if the machine is used daily it needs to be descaled every month or so to prevent machine breakdown and ensure quality coffee. Descaling isn't hard, but it does take a bit of time. Also, depending on the machine purchased (if it has a 3-way solenoid) regular backflushing is a good idea.

That said I love my espresso machine and think it is well worth the effort for a good coffee.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I never knew having a point in a thread would kill it!

Apologies to all. Back to the boring - I am currently procrastinating. Writing my thesis proposal is no fun.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I've officially been thanked over 1000 times without every really saying anything... what the heck is wrong with you people? :p

Seriously, thanks...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I've officially been thanked over 1000 times without every really saying anything... what the heck is wrong with you people? :p

Seriously, thanks...
Depends on who you ask.
Ask me and I have a list of a few small things. Ask the wife and.. well.... I hope you have plenty-O-time on your hands.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall

Seriously, thanks...
I threw on another one for good measure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis