Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
You mean like the first time you saw this pic?

edit: you all should thank me for not putting that pic in this thread.
There is not enough acid to put in my eyes to cleanse my vision and memory of seeing that. Then again, I had to choice to click or to not click. I chose poorly...

-pat

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
My adviser kind of dropped the ball (after soaking it in liquid nitrogen so that it shattered when it hit the ground - yeah, that's right - extreme ball-dropping). He was going to give me feedback that I definitely needed on a few pages of background chapter action, and it didn't happen... :mad:

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
hey, all y'all... I'm hammered... love you guys and you should thank me for this post..........

strube

strube

hey, all y'all... I'm hammered... love you guys and you should thank me for this post..........
Thanks. :)

I thought you were going to cool it on the getting hammered for your health. :confused:

We would miss you around here if you didn't take care of yourself...so take care of yourself.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My adviser kind of dropped the ball (after soaking it in liquid nitrogen so that it shattered when it hit the ground - yeah, that's right - extreme ball-dropping). He was going to give me feedback that I definitely needed on a few pages of background chapter action, and it didn't happen... :mad:
Then tell your adviser to be more lenient on the thesis! That's not cool to not provide timely feedback. To temper that, though, how much time did you give him to review it?

On a related note, I wish that my balls would drop. Is there like a button for that? I must have missed that part of class in middle school.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I unpacked and set up the new coffee maker. The top lid could open, which surprised me. To my delight, it contains a My K-Cup and measuring scoop in the lid. I had no idea that those were included. It didn't come with the 18-cup sample pack, though. Oh, well - I already have the coffee that I like.
Hey Adam are you giving your new coffee maker it's shake down run this morning?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hey Adam are you giving your new coffee maker it's shake down run this morning?
Tried my first cup about half an hour ago! It tasted a bit different, but I'll need more than one cup to grade it.

The Breville is essentially a metal-clad version of the Keurig Platinum (used to be called the B70). Operation is virtually identical. The Breville does add a My K-Cup and measuring scoop, along with a storage compartment for both under the top lid (which is an excellent addition). Other than that, it's really a cosmetic decision between the two models.

I was able to get the Breville for free as part of the Amazon Vine program (it is by far the most expensive thing that I've gotten through that...I usually get a single juice box or some snack bars), and I was quite thrilled by it because I was considering getting one. Keurig greatly reduced the noise of their pump about eight months after I bought my B70, and it is very noticeable. Much, much nicer - it's hard to explain just how nice it is after almost three years of the louder pump. The stainless steel isn't my preference, though - it looks very nice when clean, but it gets finger printed and smudged up very easily. One other note - the lighted buttons on the Breville are significantly brighter than on the B70 and are actually a bit distracting (especially in a dark room, but I turn mine off so don't really notice). If anyone here is looking at one of these machines, I'd recommend the Platinum version that is selling for about $90 less unless you really want the look of the stainless.

[/IMG]

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Tried my first cup about half an hour ago! It tasted a bit different, but I'll need more than one cup to grade it.

The Breville is essentially a metal-clad version of the Keurig Platinum (used to be called the B70). Operation is virtually identical. The Breville does add a My K-Cup and measuring scoop, along with a storage compartment for both under the top lid (which is an excellent addition). Other than that, it's really a cosmetic decision between the two models.

I was able to get the Breville for free as part of the Amazon Vine program (it is by far the most expensive thing that I've gotten through that...I usually get a single juice box or some snack bars), and I was quite thrilled by it because I was considering getting one. Keurig greatly reduced the noise of their pump about eight months after I bought my B70, and it is very noticeable. Much, much nicer - it's hard to explain just how nice it is after almost three years of the louder pump. The stainless steel isn't my preference, though - it looks very nice when clean, but it gets finger printed and smudged up very easily. One other note - the lighted buttons on the Breville are significantly brighter than on the B70 and are actually a bit distracting (especially in a dark room, but I turn mine off so don't really notice). If anyone here is looking at one of these machines, I'd recommend the Platinum version that is selling for about $90 less unless you really want the look of the stainless.

[/IMG]
We got a Keurig for a wedding gift. The hot chocolate stinks and I don't like cofee. My wife is happy though. She really likes it. Me I much prefer making tea with a bag and boiling water. Add some milk and sugar. MMMM.

strube

strube

Then tell your adviser to be more lenient on the thesis! That's not cool to not provide timely feedback. To temper that, though, how much time did you give him to review it?

He didn't set the submission date - it was another member of my committee who is going be traveling over Thanksgiving and wanted to look at it then. The date is fair too, usually they say they need the thesis 2 weeks in advance, which would have been last Wednesday.

To be fair, he had seen and given me feedback on all of my thesis except the background chapter and I gave it to him Friday morning. However, all I asked for was a glance through it to let me know via email if I needed to put in some more sources and discussion, and it was only 5 pages. He said he would, but I am sure he spaced it. It was just a very, very bad time to space it. I am thinking I will probably have to err on the side of safety and write some more, I guess. Looks like another all-nighter is imminent.

I knew you wouldn't take long to say something about the ball-dropping thing. :p

Ahhh, young Strube ... the statistics have to come from somewhere.
I know, but I am willing to say something one time to remind someone they are becoming a statistic, and that there are those that would be opposed to that idea. I won't likely mention it again...unless I am drunk...oh wait, I don't drink. I guess I won't mention it again. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
We got a Keurig for a wedding gift. The hot chocolate stinks and I don't like cofee. My wife is happy though. She really likes it. Me I much prefer making tea with a bag and boiling water. Add some milk and sugar. MMMM.
Yeah, I've read that the hot chocolate k-cups aren't that good. I use hot chocolate mix, but I use the Keurig to make the hot water - pretty handy. If you like yours with milk, then that won't help you.

Have you tried any of the tea k-cups? I can use them more than once without being able to tell much difference in the second (and sometimes third) cup.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, no....

The Harmony One is down to $150. Amazon, you tempting mistress, you.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Adwilk isn't even at the top of my 'Needs an Intervention' list ... Craig. :p :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Adwilk isn't even at the top of my 'Needs an Intervention' list ... Craig. :p :D
Paranoia kicking in...(is this the denial stage?:D)

I haven't been drunk in like two weeks...the shakes have almost subsided....almost.;)

I usually only have 3-4 beers when I drink and I usually only drink on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Now if I'm parting with friends/family all bets are off. BTW, I'm a happy drunk. If I wasn't I wouldn't drink.:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I usually only have 3-4 beers when I drink ...
I use to be good for about a 12 pack a day when I was really drinking ... :eek:

A mere 6 was like pretend Lent. :rolleyes:

I'm going to either figure out a way to wall mount this mirror in a bathroom or it's gonna be 7 years bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis