Hands On Xbox 360, Facebook, Twitter, Last.Fm, Instant Streaming

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
There is a lot to be excited about with this new Xbox Live update scheduled... um... sometime (they keep changing it - currently slated for Autumn 2009 which, by my calendar, is right now). Is you are really hooked on social networks, Facebook and Twitter functionality is for you. If you've been looking for a way to stream Internet Radio into your home theater, you'll love Last.Fm. If you are an avid downloader of video content, you'll be excited not only by the 1080p resolution of the new Zune Marketplace, but also the ability to start the video while you are downloading (called Instant Streaming).

Discuss "Hands On Xbox 360, Facebook, Twitter, Last.Fm, Instant Streaming" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I got the update already, and the features are very nice, I especially like the last.fm feature. I don't twitter, but the facebook app is pretty good, and the zune marketplace is nice too, although I doubt I'll ever use it. I wonder what Sony plans to do to compete.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
why couldn't they add Pandora? Geesh!

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
"Meh to Cool"? I can't wait to tell my 15 year old son that an adult on one of my fave web sites is using his favorite neologistic adjective. He'll be mortified.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
why couldn't they add Pandora? Geesh!
That's what I was thinking... Lastfm is nice, but I much prefer Pandora. Maybe they will add it in the future, or maybe PS3 will get Pandora.

B

BG3

Audioholic
That's what I was thinking... Lastfm is nice, but I much prefer Pandora. Maybe they will add it in the future, or maybe PS3 will get Pandora.
Not sure if you've tried the browser on the PS3 but, i've been using it to stream Pandora through my home theater for just over a year now. It used to come up and freeze on the "allow Java" prompt. After one of the updates a year or so ago, it started working.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure if you've tried the browser on the PS3 but, i've been using it to stream Pandora through my home theater for just over a year now. It used to come up and freeze on the "allow Java" prompt. After one of the updates a year or so ago, it started working.
Yeah, I have pandora saved as a favorite on one of my PS3s, and it works fine, I just wish they offered it as a plugin for both the PS3 and the 360.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis