Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
It is a big step to go from looking at them on the internet to dealing with a bunch of sleazebags to actually get one, or even test drive one, isn't it?
Not all of them are sleazebags. Just enough of them to make it feel that way though.

I delt with a very nice guy Saturday who gave me a great price on a Legacy. I'm finding out today, just how great the deal was.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Any of you tried Carmax? I know it's used but they are supposed to be easier to deal with.

Also I suggest renting any car you plan to buy just to see how it drives day to day

Bought my wife's CRV with their help. Great site.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
They all called.
LOL. Oh, I hate that. I had specifically given instructions to a certain dealer not to call me, but to reply only by email, and the first time he contacted me . . .

I just sent a pretty harsh email to his Infiniti dealer, just this very weekend. The last time I visited them was last winter. I've specifically told at least two people by phone, and two different people by email, that I'm no longer interested. It finally took the very harsh boldfaced all capped email to get me off their automated lists. Ugh.

I've also received a quote for a demo car that was higher than listed on their internet site. :rolleyes:

For a new car, via internet, build your own, my friend got his Altima through Cars Direct. Check it out. They'll get you the best price, if with certain limitations...

I have recently had a great experience with Carmax, and told my tire store manager friend to definitely check them out, as he was looking for a diesel F350. I just checked it out last night, he picked it up Saturday, after about a month of shopping. He was extremely pleased with the process. He added their warranty (which I advised him to do), as well as "gap insurance" for $300. 5 days to return vehicle, 100% money back, 30 day free warranty. The extended warranty is 100% refundable during first 30 days, transferable with sale, or refundable as pro-rated at any time.

He found the "one" finally after a bunch of transfer requests (which I told him not to be shy about repeatedly). They are REALLY good about that. They try to take it off the website as soon as one is being requested for transfer, and they won't anyone else even drive it until you get to it. In my area, it's basically free transfer for about a 100 mile radius. All they ask is you visit and drive it. No haggle, no hassle.

I learned that Carmax was created by Circuit City execs, during their golden age of good business. Started in VA as one store, and is now nationwide.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It is a big step to go from looking at them on the internet to dealing with a bunch of sleazebags to actually get one, or even test drive one, isn't it?
Yep.

I just noticed that thin antenna sticking up from the rear end of the roof. I don't like that one bit. It's not in every picture, but it probably comes with the package that includes satellite radio. I like the blade antennas better.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yep.

I just noticed that thin antenna sticking up from the rear end of the roof. I don't like that one bit. It's not in every picture, but it probably comes with the package that includes satellite radio. I like the blade antennas better.

Same here. Not a fan - though I would probably not want satellite radio because the sound quality blows, so it probably wouldn't concern me.

It might actually be for the navigation system and the internet-like features that come with it, I don't know...

EDIT: Once again, trying to differentiate/keep the Ford versions costs down: the MKZ has a hidden antenna...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw that the Fusion Hybrid comes standard with an "Ambient Lighting" feature that lets you pick from seven different colors of lighting in different areas. Okay, I think that's cool!

Pick one of the seven colors in the Ambient Lighting feature to express your mood. You can add colorful accents in the front and rear footwells, front center console bin, and front two cupholders.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Not to make this the "What Adam likes about the Fusion" thread, but I also like the front display.

Watch the display grow leaves when you drive efficiently. Or watch them fade when you don't.
Based on how I drive to work, I can imagine that mine wouldn't ever display leaves, but would instead show images of Chernobyl or something. :D

strube

strube

I just saw that the Fusion Hybrid comes standard with an "Ambient Lighting" feature that lets you pick from seven different colors of lighting in different areas. Okay, I think that's cool!
Our rental car had that - it was pretty fun. My aunt and uncle were in Boston too, and they rented a 2010 Mustang that also had it and could do the same thing with the gauges, which was much cooler than just doing it with ambient lights.

strube

strube

Not to make this the "What Adam likes about the Fusion" thread, but I also like the front display.

Based on how I drive to work, I can imagine that mine wouldn't ever display leaves, but would instead show images of Chernobyl or something. :D
So here is a question/comment:

If you consider yourself an aggressive driver, a hybrid will probably get about the same amount of fuel mileage as a regular gas engine, and the same thing goes for emissions. The real benefit of the hybrid is much more apparent if you drive like a 90 year old grandma on a nice Sunday afternoon. I confirmed this with my father-in-law's Prius. Why don't you take look at the non-hybrids? They are much less expensive...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll be washing my old car too. Then maybe getting it repaired.
I did it the other way around. A $25 thing of 3M headlight lens cleaner gave it the 'new' look. I was thinking that if it made the trip back home I would buy it new tires but I figured I would have a little faith and went with some Falken Ziex 912's:

http://www.falkentire.com/Tires//ZIEX-ZE-912-2

I need to go back to my Computer Class thread and learn how to embed that like the cool kids. The Focus got me for $1,300 in repairs and we passed up $1,000 worth of trade in so now I feel like I have to make it worth that and then some. I guess one way to look at it is that I already saved well over $500 in air fair plus what it would have cost to ship tools back and forth.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So here is a question/comment:

If you consider yourself an aggressive driver, a hybrid will probably get about the same amount of fuel mileage as a regular gas engine, and the same thing goes for emissions. The real benefit of the hybrid is much more apparent if you drive like a 90 year old grandma on a nice Sunday afternoon. I confirmed this with my father-in-law's Prius. Why don't you take look at the non-hybrids? They are much less expensive...
Well, there was a wee bit of joking in there. I'd feel less like a man if I said that the display would look like a sea of green leaves. :D I do drive aggressively, but not all of the time. A good part of my commute involves speed and not acceleration, so I think my aggressiveness would be tempered by the straight-aways. Maybe not. I like the concept of hybrids, but I'm not overwhelmed by the quoted gas mileages. I would just like to get a new car with some new amenities, and I don't want to get one that has worse gas mileage than my Prelude.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I need to go back to my Computer Class thread and learn how to embed that like the cool kids.
It's easy, my friend. Highlight the words that you want to contain the link, then click the icon that looks like an Earth (it's so small that it looks like a blue/green ball) with a sideways eight at the bottom (which is suppose to be two chain links). It will pop up a box for you to copy the link location into.

strube

strube

Well, there was a wee bit of joking in there. I'd feel less like a man if I said that the display would look like a sea of green leaves. :D I do drive aggressively, but not all of the time. I good part of my commute involves speed and not acceleration, so I think my aggressiveness would be tempered by the straight-aways. Maybe not. I like the concept of hybrids, but I'm not overwhelmed by the quoted gas mileages. I would just like to get a new car with some new amenities, and I don't want to get one that has worse gas mileage than my Prelude.
Gotcha. That is fair. If you drove with your foot to the floor all the time I would definitely say you would be wasting the hybrid, but it sounds like you would benefit.

- and stop lying. You know you would be super-excited to have a little tree growing next to your speedometer! :D

As far as amenities go, you really should also look at the MKZ, despite their lack of a hybrid, if just for fun - they have some really neat stuff like a THX-certified sound system, heated/cooled seats, and a few more things, and they aren't insanely more than the Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe I'll just get one of these.

I didn't see the extraterrestrial robot option, though.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As far as amenities go, you really should also look at the MKZ...
That is one nice interior. I don't like the front grill and tail lights, though.

BTW, what is this? Probably a childseat attachment, but it looks like some sort of sea-based ejection button. Just as a note, I'd buy it if it actually had an ejection seat. :D

strube

strube

Maybe I'll just get one of these.

I didn't see the extraterrestrial robot option, though.
Yes, I would do that if it didn't have a Chevy symbol on the front.

I sat in one at a car show and the interior is a bunch of hollow plastic that looks cheap as hell. I think you would agree with me.

I also sat in a $77k Corvette ZO6 and it had the exact same stereo that was in the sub-$20k Chevy Aveo. Amazing. What's worse is that the door wouldn't close because the interior door panel was already falling off and the 12v plug had fallen into the dash. It just screamed quality. :rolleyes:

I know car shows are hard on vehicles, but seriously? How about one of these?

strube

strube

That is one nice interior. I don't like the front grill and tail lights, though.

BTW, what is this? Probably a childseat attachment, but it looks like some sort of sea-based ejection button. Just as a note, I'd buy it if it actually had an ejection seat. :D

Yep, definitely a child seat anchor.

I am with you on the exterior styling of the MKZ. I like the Fusion much better.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's easy, my friend. Highlight the words that you want to contain the link, then click the icon that looks like an Earth (it's so small that it looks like a blue/green ball) with a sideways eight at the bottom (which is suppose to be two chain links). It will pop up a box for you to copy the link location into.
WTF IS THAT ??? :D

Sorry, I just thought that was funny and I meant 'where'. :)

strube

strube

WTF IS THAT ??? :D

Sorry, I just thought that was funny and I meant 'where'. :)
This button
creates a link with any text you have selected.

Your options in User CP at the very bottom need to have Standard Editor selected.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This button
creates a link with any text you have selected.

Your options in User CP at the very bottom need to have Standard Editor selected.
I have Standard Editor but need to know the location of that icon.
Yes, I am this retarded. I gotta scadadle to go eat with my bride to be ...
... well, all she wants is a ring. :confused:

BTW I like the Camaro's. More importantly for Adam, so do barely legal girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis