Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Didn't you notice that he told them to bring a Ford? :)

I like non-imports, my man.
I thought the Focus was a Mexican car. Where is my chips and salsa? I've got the itch for some.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm still hoping that Panasonic adds Netflix streaming to Viera Cast with a firmware update.
That would be really nice. I'm thinking it may be better just to get a roku and a cheaper blu-ray player, but the debate rages within me. :D

This is the internal conflict of an Aher.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I do likey the chips and salsa.
Yeah I like me some habenero salsa.

But right now I'd just settle for Hot Pace and and some good chips.

All I want now is good tex-mex. All this is Alex's fault for bringing up his Ford. Ford leads to Mexico. Mexico leads to cravings. Cravings lead to choices. Choices lead to tex-mex. :(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw pictures of a Fusion in white with the tan interior. Oh, baby. That's a nice combination.

Looks like the Fusion doesn't come with Homelink (or any system for having a garage door opener built in). Bummer. I'd really like one of those.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
That would be really nice. I'm thinking it may be better just to get a roku and a cheaper blu-ray player, but the debate rages within me. :D

This is the internal conflict of an Aher.
This thing should be way better than the Roku if they get Netflix on it, which I would guess they will eventually...

strube

strube

I just saw pictures of a Fusion in white with the tan interior. Oh, baby. That's a nice combination.
That is definitely a great color combo.

Looks like the Fusion doesn't come with Homelink (or any system for having a garage door opener built in). Bummer. I'd really like one of those.
Same here - I don't think Ford does much of that and I wish they did.

I bet the Lincoln version of the Fusion, the MKZ has it though, but I don't know if they have a hybrid for the Lincoln.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

The base model isn't that peppy and the interior is a bit blah, but overall it is still a decent car. One of the first ones that really looks OK coming from Ford in a long time IMO.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The base model isn't that peppy and the interior is a bit blah, but overall it is still a decent car. One of the first ones that really looks OK coming from Ford in a long time IMO.
Thanks, John!

I'd be looking at a Hybrid with leather seats. Do you have any experience with the Hybrid?

strube

strube

I just did a build your own thing on the Ford website. They do look very sharp inside and out. I like the white/tan and white/black combos.

I really like the Sync/voice activated nav/10GB hard drive for music option, and the 5.1 premium audio system looks to be pretty dang good for a stock system...

The Homelink is standard on the MKZ, but not even an option on the Fusion. They must just be trying to differentiate. That is the only thing that seems to be missing from a really nice list of options, though...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This thing should be way better than the Roku if they get Netflix on it, which I would guess they will eventually...
They make good hard drives for sure but the whole point is the Netflix for my wife. ;) I may just get a blu-ray player with it integrated. Haven't decided yet.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just requested an internet quote from three dealers on the Fusion Hybrid. I sure hope that they don't call me to discuss it, as that would defeat the point of requesting an internet quote. If I wanted to talk to them...I'd call. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just requested an internet quote from three dealers on the Fusion Hybrid. I sure hope that they don't call me to discuss it, as that would defeat the point of requesting an internet quote. If I wanted to talk to them...I'd call. :)
They all called.

One left a message while I was in the shower. The second one started to leave a message when I was getting out of the shower, but the machine reached the limit and hung up on him. The third one asked for the wrong person.

I think that I'll just go wash my car. It'll almost be like having a new one. :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
They all called.

One left a message while I was in the shower. The second one started to leave a message when I was getting out of the shower, but the machine reached the limit and hung up on him. The third one asked for the wrong person.

I think that I'll just go wash my car. It'll almost be like having a new one. :D
I requested on-line quotes for the Subaru Legacy. They all called me too. One even quoted me ABOVE MSRP!:eek: When I explained that she was above list price she told me that must be mistaken. I read the prices back to her from her own website ans she told me, "Gotta be price increase as stated on site that they have the right to do at any time."

Go blow it out your @$$ lady.

Do they deal with so many idiots each day that they expect people to fall for that? The other quotes I got were below MSRP.

Oh, and like you, I'll be washing my old car too. Then maybe getting it repaired.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
One person e-mailed me, too. She seemed to understand the concept of the "internet." :) Yeah, I can totally get why they'd call. I'm not that surprised, but I am surprised that neither of the other two took the time to e-mail. After all, it asked for my e-mail address. Anyway, I responded to her. Too bad that her dealership doesn't actually have the car, yet - seeing as how I contacted them because it was listed as being in their inventory.

strube

strube

It is a big step to go from looking at them on the internet to dealing with a bunch of sleazebags to actually get one, or even test drive one, isn't it?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just did a build your own thing on the Ford website. They do look very sharp inside and out. I like the white/tan and white/black combos.
Excellent! I hadn't noticed that part. That has a nice view of the interior.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Any of you tried Carmax? I know it's used but they are supposed to be easier to deal with.

Also I suggest renting any car you plan to buy just to see how it drives day to day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis