Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That looks pretty nice.
I agree.

Jeeze. That induction thing is neat but it sounds like more of a gimmick to make an extra grand. I am sure it isn't worth that. :rolleyes:
Depends on your wants/needs, I suppose. I think that it's great that the cook top doesn't heat up on those, but rather just the cookware does. If the technology catches on, you know that it'll just keeping getting less expensive.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The thing that's great about induction stoves is that you don't need as big of an exhaust fan/hood, as you would need on a comparably sized gas or big commercial gas stove.:)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I repped someone up to two light greenies last night, and now the person is back to one light green. If you don't find that boring, then you might actually be more boring than me. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I find myself excited about the prospect of buying a Dyson DC28 Animal today. All 16 ratings at Best Buy are five stars.

I have a DC15 and like it a lot, but with my new carpet, I've wanted a bit more cleaning. I do like the ball on the DC15, though.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I briefly just panicked and thought that I had forgotten to pay my credit card bill on time. I quickly realized that I wasn't late, but my body is still processing the adrenaline dump.

Yeah, I'm that boring - thinking that I'd have to pay finance charges got me totally juiced.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I would fear the exam much more than the spankings.
Are you sure?????????????

GALAHAD: I seek the Grail! I have seen it, here in this castle!
DINGO: No! Oh, no! Bad, bad Zoot!
GALAHAD: What is it?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty Zoot! She has been setting alight
to our beacon, which, I just remembered, is grail-shaped. It's not the
first time we've had this problem.
GALAHAD: It's not the real Grail?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot! Oh, she is a naughty
person, and she must pay the penalty -- and here in Castle Anthrax, we
have but one punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon. You
must tie her down on a bed and spank her!
GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!
DINGO: You must spank her well. And after you have spanked her, you
may deal with her as you like. And then, spank me.
VARIOUS GIRLS: And spank me.
And me.
And me.
DINGO: Yes, yes, you must give us all a good spanking!
DINGO: And after the spanking, the oral sex.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My nephew wanted to install a $19 6 panel door into an existing frame in his house with a dremel tool. :rolleyes: We went and bought some jigs, a router and a circular saw blade to under cut it with plus a fixed blade utility knife and a speed square just so he would have them. I think he spent $200 in tools.

Between my sister and I we provided the circular saw, level, clamps, electric planer vix bits and chisel. You need a lot of stuff to get a door into an uncooperative hole. I rock. :D

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Are you sure?????????????

GALAHAD: I seek the Grail! I have seen it, here in this castle!
DINGO: No! Oh, no! Bad, bad Zoot!
GALAHAD: What is it?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty Zoot! She has been setting alight
to our beacon, which, I just remembered, is grail-shaped. It's not the
first time we've had this problem.
GALAHAD: It's not the real Grail?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot! Oh, she is a naughty
person, and she must pay the penalty -- and here in Castle Anthrax, we
have but one punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon. You
must tie her down on a bed and spank her!
DINGO: You must spank her well. And after you have spanked her, you
may deal with her as you like. And then, spank me.
VARIOUS GIRLS: And spank me.
And me.
And me.
DINGO: Yes, yes, you must give us all a good spanking!
DINGO: And after the spanking, the oral sex.
Touché! :D

Hey Dave, are you still happy with your Integra after all of your initial problems were resolved? Assuming I can survive the move and the California government so that I can start my job, I think I will be replacing my 3808 with a DHC-80.1 (as long as the competing Denon Preamp doesn't materialize and prove a game changer) if I can find a decent Integra dealer that will just sell me a unit and the inherent customer service that goes with it, without having to have them install it and sell me a bunch of other crap, too. Most of the places in Los Angeles where my gear-purchasing abilities will be located in a few months are custom installers that don't seem interested in just selling a single item...

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I ended up going to Best Buy and getting the Dyson DC28 Animal. It was on sale for $540, but when the salesperson went to show me where it was, it still had a sticker on it that said $510. He removed it pretty quick, but I asked if that was a common sale price (not saying, but implying, that I'd rather wait until it went on sale for $510 again). Within about ten seconds, he'd asked the manager and gave me the $510 price. Sweet.

It did exactly what I had hoped it would do that my DC15 hasn't done. It brought my carpet back to looking like new in regards to the pile texture. The DC28 has a pneumatic device that pushes the brush bar down into the carpet and a motor/clutch that will maintain constant speed. Quite nice. I was a bit nervous after about twenty minutes when it started to make a rattling noise. I looked it over, took some of it apart, put it back together, and now the rattle is gone. Maybe it just got overheated, or something popped loose. I'll keep on eye (well, ear) on it, though.

I do miss the roller ball from the DC15, though. That DC15 is undeniably easier to manuever and, IMO, easier on the eyes. It just wasn't brushing the pile like I wanted.

I think that the word that you're looking for is, "Zzzzzz...."

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Some of the stuff that you can buy for about $2 just ain't right. :eek: :D

Have you ever looked down at your computer’s USB port and thought…hmmm…ohhh yeahhh… Well now you can do your USB port doggy style, you sicko, with the USB Humping Dog from Xoxide!

The USB Humping Dog is one hapless and lovesick puppy, that when plugged in, can’t help it but to just go to town. It’s unconscionable and incessant humping will leave your sometimes neglected USB port feeling fulfilled and satisfied.

The perfect gift for any occasion, the USB Humping Dog is also a great ice breaker! Whip it out at internet cafés, wireless hotspots, airplanes, or any public place that is sure to attract attention and we can guarantee some pretty interesting conversations will ensue.

The USB Humping Dog is also a great tool for distracting your opponents at LAN parties and a powerful weapon in the ever present pursuit to piss off the squares. So stop neglecting your poor little USB port and give it the action it deserves with the USB Humping Dog from Xoxide!
Yes, there's even a video. My favorite part is how they blurred out the USB connector. :)

strube

strube

I ended up going to Best Buy and getting the Dyson DC28 Animal. It was on sale for $540, but when the salesperson went to show me where it was, it still had a sticker on it that said $510. He removed it pretty quick, but I asked if that was a common sale price (not saying, but implying, that I'd rather wait until it went on sale for $510 again). Within about ten seconds, he'd asked the manager and gave me the $510 price. Sweet.

It did exactly what I had hoped it would do that my DC15 hasn't done. It brought my carpet back to looking like new in regards to the pile texture. The DC28 has a pneumatic device that pushes the brush bar down into the carpet and a motor/clutch that will maintain constant speed. Quite nice. I was a bit nervous after about twenty minutes when it started to make a rattling noise. I looked it over, took some of it apart, put it back together, and now the rattle is gone. Maybe it just got overheated, or something popped loose. I'll keep on eye (well, ear) on it, though.

I do miss the roller ball from the DC15, though. That DC15 is undeniably easier to manuever and, IMO, easier on the eyes. It just wasn't brushing the pile like I wanted.

I think that the word that you're looking for is, "Zzzzzz...."
Actually, the most chauvinistic thing I could think of was:

You sound like you would make a great stay-at-home mom. I hope you have an apron and a feather duster to go with it! ;)

Seriously though, my mom has the DC28 and it is awesome. It doesn't maneuver as well, sure, but it can rake out dog hair from the carpet like a champion! I was extra happy that we inherited her old Dyson when she bought the new one. :)

strube

strube

Some of the stuff that you can buy for about $2 just ain't right. :eek: :D

Yes, there's even a video. My favorite part is how they blurred out the USB connector. :)
That link kind of made me sad in an indirect sort of way. Xoxide had some of the best computer case/cooling accessories for great prices - I can't believe they are going out of business. I have bought lots of stuff from them - mostly CPU and VGA heatsinks and case fans, but haven't visited them in a little while. Kind of a shame... :(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Seriously though, my mom has the DC28 and it is awesome. It doesn't maneuver as well, sure, but it can rake out dog hair from the carpet like a champion! I was extra happy that we inherited her old Dyson when she bought the new one. :)
That's very cool! I'm glad that she's happy with it.

I was a little surprised at just how little dirt this thing picked up. Maybe Niki and I are just that clean, but I don't think so. It did pick up a bit of her hair, but considering how much she's been shedding, I would have expected more than one and half canisters (and I consider the "Max" line to be full) after vacuuming the whole house. I hadn't vacuumed in at least a week. The carpets do look nice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis