DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Matt's right. That is not the thread.

The proper thread has been hidden/deleted.

Were there any postings over night that may have upset AVS?

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
Nope, not merged. It was a new thread which was started a couple days ago, Chu and many others made very good points in it, and asked very relevant questions, Schifter decided to post, a pathetic attempt at restoring some credibility if there ever was one, again Chu, Snowmanick, Jed M and many others again replied, asked more very relevant questions, then Schifter commented again, but he replied to a barely relevant post as I remember, and just ignored everything else, and again, it was rather pathetic, some crying and "people should forget the past" kind of thing without actually answering to anything. :rolleyes:

As I said, the thread was locked for a couple of days, then it was re-opened, and today it simply vanished. Google cache only seems to have it from august 26: ok can't post links yet... Simply search google for "Safe To Buy a MFW-15 Now?", then click on cached, should be the first link.

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
Post 122 here is a good illustration of what ails [can't post links] They won't be able to hold the forum...
Let's hope so. "we should forget the past" :rolleyes: Should we also forget all that money you owe? Besides, you're not supposed to forget the past, you're supposed to learn from it.

It was for commenting on mfig's post ( the recipient of the watch) that I got banned at av123...
Hmm... Looks like you missed the quotes, well, the quotes he quoted, the post makes little sens without them... :eek: So I guess that was why the thread got deleted. Pretty silly, as I don't see how that would warrant a complete thread deletion.

Poor Jed, he had listed all his av123 products, he must have owned like 20000$ (or more...) worth of stuff from them. Went to their forums a couple of days ago, and boy, made me throw up in my mouth, usually, it's just a little, but this time, it wasn't just a little... IMHO, you have to be completely clueless to not see through buy his bad bs. "Anyone looking for a fight will quickly get booted" or something like that in 'the support thread'. 1) looks like they don't want many posts about issues because it looks bad, let's put it all in 1 thread instead, looks better. 2) anyone looking for a fight? Like what, asking about the stolen charity money? About getting back the money you were supposed to be refunded 12 months ago? Is that what a fight is for him?

And man, he still manages to sucker in some people. Amazing. I wonder how many are shills. Both in their own forums, and like at places like avsforum.com... What a JOKE!

And charity... The guy is absolutely an unethical bastard. You don't ****ing take charity money donated by others and use it for yourself for any reason. There's no justification. The fact that he had to put his greasy greedy fingers in donations and steal some for himself proves that he has absolutely no morals. You don't take money that's not yours. PERIOD. Especially charity and donated money. It's really too bad the other thread got locked, would have loved to see this sleaze bag try to wiggle away of Chu's queries...

Luckily, have page 3, 4 and 5 in Firefox's cache, I'll try to find some way to put them somewhere... Looks like there's a bunch of scripts in the html page and the free hosting company I tried didn't like it and wouldn't display it... pm if anybody has any idea?

Last edited:
C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
And charity... The guy is absolutely an unethical bastard. You don't ****ing take charity money donated by others and use it for yourself for any reason. There's no justification. The fact that he had to put his greasy greedy fingers in donations and stole it shows that he has absolutely no morals. You don't take money that's not yours. PERIOD. Especially charity and donated money. It's really too bad the other thread got locked, would have loved to see this sleaze bag try to wiggle away of Chu's queries...
IMO, he knew what he was going to do with the money from some those raffles when he started them.

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
I don’t usually post in AV123 threads since I avoided buying from them 4 years ago because they didn’t pass the smell test. But I wanted to thank you all for keeping up the good fight.

Based on what I’m seeing over at the AV123 forum and now at AVS I have no doubt that without you keeping these issues in the forefront it would be back to business as usual for them. If your efforts help even one person avoid getting conned then it’s been worth the effort.

Also thank you to Audioholics and it’s Mods for allowing this thread to continue.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I t was for commenting on mfig's post ( the recipient of the watch) that I got banned at av123...
Are you banned permanently or are you one a one week hiatus?

IMO, he knew what he was going to do with the money from some those raffles when he started them.
The slammer will be if anybody is able to uncover an additional instance of another charity that denies receiving the requisite amount of monies that were supposed to go to them. Or if they sic this pitbull on him :D

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe he meant it for the Chinese New Year which started on 1/26/2009 or maybe the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah, which starts on 9/18/2009.

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
One thing I don't understand about the CS thread is that SteveSatch asked for the list of things to check on an x-sub with low output. Not A list, but THE list, because there is in fact the list with three or four things on it that were making problems for x-subs. Air leaks, resistors screwed up on the amp, and a flap of sound deadening material falling down over the port. Might have been one other thing.

Instead of posting the list (which SteveSatch is obviously aware of due to his phrasing) MLS tells him to check his receiver and his wiring. I guess he doesn't want more evidence of QC/design problems floating around on the forefront of the board?

The people still over there (and there really aren't that many of them, but still more than I would have expected) are just gluttons for punishment.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don’t usually post in AV123 threads since I avoided buying from them 4 years ago because they didn’t pass the smell test. But I wanted to thank you all for keeping up the good fight.

Based on what I’m seeing over at the AV123 forum and now at AVS I have no doubt that without you keeping these issues in the forefront it would be back to business as usual for them. If your efforts help even one person avoid getting conned then it’s been worth the effort.

Also thank you to Audioholics and it’s Mods for allowing this thread to continue.
Please clarify. When you say "conned" are you referring to the raffles?

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I guess it depends on your definition of conned, but I would say everybody holding a GC or coupon for a product that no longer will be made has a legitimate claim they were conned. There are a lot of BMF coupons floating around.

Soundman

Soundman

I guess it depends on your definition of conned, but I would say everybody holding a GC or coupon for a product that no longer will be made has a legitimate claim they were conned. There are a lot of BMF coupons floating around.
Yeah, I would say "conned" fits there as well. I think it is buyer beware when it comes to those gimmicks that were offered. However, it isn't all doom and gloom. It is still possible to receive relatively good service. I think you just have to know wha you're geting yourself into. I ordered the ELT's and received shipment in approximately 5 days from when I placed the order. Personally, I have had perfect service with them since day one and everything I own of theirs is of excellent quality and sounds supurb. That being said, I have not recommended them to others in a very very long time. Also, it should be pointed out that most of my business with them occurred before their QC and CS issue started popping up.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
I would think that any owers of an internet direct AV company would want to point out publicly that "we aren't them", less they get tarnished by the
"beware of internet direct company" tag line. There are quite a few people who are leery of internet direct for the very reasons AV123 is getting rapped.

Soundman

Soundman

I would think that any owers of an internet direct AV company would want to point out publicly that "we aren't them", less they get tarnished by the
"beware of internet direct company" tag line. There are quite a few people who are leery of internet direct for the very reasons AV123 is getting rapped.
Awww. Good point.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
CRAIG WAS BANNED? :eek: That explains some things.
Yes. There was even a post in this thread kind of recently that mentioned the story behind that ban.
I would think that any owers of an internet direct AV company would want to point out publicly that "we aren't them", less they get tarnished by the "beware of internet direct company" tag line. There are quite a few people who are leery of internet direct for the very reasons AV123 is getting rapped.
Personally, I don't see internet direct companies as being inherently any better or worse than other companies. You can get delays in product development, poor customer service, quality control problems, or dubious marketing tactics from any distribution channel. It's important to evaluate any company that you are going to buy a product from. We all have our personal favorites, and we all have some that we tend to steer away from. Often you can find companies that show up on either list, depending on who you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis