Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
The policeman is just pulling them over because she isn't wearing a helmet, which is perfectly reasonable. The zebra hat won't help protect her brain cell, and it is the duty of the police to protect and serve.

:D
Someone's gonna get served! :eek:

-pat

J

jamie2112

Banned
I am doing rehearsals in LA.Digital desk and pro tools are alot of fun.......

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm jealous.
Well, I have you to thank. My purchase of an SACD player was based in no small part on your posts about the Brothers in Arms disc. That drove me to a receiver that could do SACD and DVD-A over HDMI...and that led to my buying some discs. :)

I'm currently listening to Beethoven's 9th in multichannel SACD. I'm really not much of a classical music fan, but so far, so good.

You shouldn't stray too far away from family friendly AH. :)
So true. :D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Well, I have you to thank. My purchase of an SACD player was based in no small part on your posts about the Brothers in Arms disc. That drove me to a receiver that could do SACD and DVD-A over HDMI...and that led to my buying some discs. :)

I'm currently listening to Beethoven's 9th in multichannel SACD. I'm really not much of a classical music fan, but so far, so good.

So true. :D
Beethoven is for sissies. You should check out Mahler 6 from the San Francisco Symphony.. Recorded Sept. 12, 2001. The heft of the recent event can be felt in the playing.

Mahler 6 wiki

I'd let you borrow it if you lived closer.

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The 4th movement which I think is called Ode to Joy is about my favorite. It makes me want to invade Poland. If you're getting tips on classical music from me, you're lost. I like to make up my own words to the vocals because I can't understand them foreigners for nothin'. Why can't they just sing in American? :eek:

Which 9th do you have? I've got Barenboim's on DVD-A.

Good ole Daniel here is pretty talented. There's a clip in the DVD-A of him tutoring/teaching a young pianist and it sounded really pretentious and flaky to me ... until I saw him on a PBS concert. Just Daniel on the piano for an hour or so. Yeah, he can play.

Have you ever watched A Clockwork Orange ? It's like Beethoven's music video. You might have to close your eyes during my favorite parts but I'm not gonna start with the name calling like that pzaur fella.

(puts on airs) I'm better than that. :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The 4th movement which I think is called Ode to Joy is about my favorite.
I like that one, too. Here's a version that I hadn't seen before.

If you're getting tips on classical music from me, you're lost.
Ah, no fear of that. :D I typically don't buy any, but I was looking for a disc and this one won some award (I think).

Which 9th do you have? I've got Barenboim's on DVD-A.
I have this one.

Have you ever watched A Clockwork Orange ?
Once in college. The only thing that I can remember about the movie is that I never want to watch it again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Did he say who too?
To each other. That would be pretty weird getting re-married to someone else at the same time and place. I'm sure it's been done before in some backassward state like Missouri. :eek:

Give me Forte, biotch!

Last edited by a moderator:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Speaking of unusual weddings, my wife and I are getting re-married on either Whistler or Blackcomb the 1st full week of January next year. That'll be 10 years for us...my how time flies.
The first week of January next year will be the 20th anniversary of the first time I kissed my wife. I'm thinking about doing something special to mark that milestone but I'm not sure what. Maybe I'll just do whatever Alex suggests is appropriate.;)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The first week of January next year will be the 20th anniversary of the first time I kissed my wife. I'm thinking about doing something special to mark that milestone but I'm not sure what. Maybe I'll just do whatever Alex suggests is appropriate.;)
That's awesome. Spoil her rotten. Do flowers, chocolates, romantic notes. The whole nine yards. Have a romantic dinner too. This is an opportunity to build points for that audio budget. :)

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
That's awesome. Spoil her rotten. Do flowers, chocolates, romantic notes. The whole nine yards. Have a romantic dinner too. This is an opportunity to build points for that audio budget. :)
Hmmm...how do you spell it...oh yes, ULTERIOR MOTIVE.

:D

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
After 20 years? I bet she would love it if you cleaned up after dinner and then gave her a foot rub. Then buy her a Mustang convertible ... no wait, I'm suppose to be on your side. Oh, I know ... the best thing I can tell is is not to take any advice from me about women ... unless you're Adam. :D

Congratulations Chris on the 10 years and Dave on the 20 years. I think I'm gonna give my girl a foot rub tonight for no particular reason. She's gonna be really suspicious though and that's what's in it for me. :)

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
After 20 years? I bet she would love it if you cleaned up after dinner and then gave her a foot rub. Then buy her a Mustang convertible ... no wait, I'm suppose to be on your side. Oh, I know ... the best thing I can tell is is not to take any advice from me about women ... unless you're Adam. :D

Congratulations Chris on the 10 years and Dave on the 20 years. I think I'm gonna give my girl a foot rub tonight for no particular reason. She's gonna be really suspicious though and that's what's in it for me. :)
Thanks Alex. I gave my wife a foot rub followed by a full body massage. Which was then followed by going to bed and going to sleep.

I know, FTL. I gotta be nice every once in awhile to keep those point levels high for whenever I act like a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis