DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
he doesn't seem to have a problem replying to this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1161822

he's all over that. perhaps someone could "remind" him of your pending refund.
That's one of those safe threads when you consider the title: MFW-15 w/ new July 2009 amps <absolutely NO AV123 or MLS bashing/negativity!!>. While a tiny portion of the AV123 forum has been reopened, that too is very heavily moderated. Questions considered to have the slightest tendency to becoming awkward to answer are met with quick responses of call or write.

But hey, you can try! What's the worse that'll happen?

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic

Like Chu said that's one of the safe threads so I'm sure a post with complaints would be deleted. Grant tried posting a message similar to this one at avsforum and it was deleted in less than a minute. Why I don't know.

If I were you I would play squeeky wheel. Start posting on the open av123 forums asking for your money back. He will put you off until you become a 'problem'.

AV123 needs good grass roots pr right now. If you make noise, you will probably get taken care of. If you can't get cash, get product you can use or resell to recover some of your money.

Whether or not MLS is a nice guy is not relevant. He owes you money.

I would also ask for interest for the time he has held your money. Can't hurt.
Well, Grant started the squeaky wheel thing with this thread and unfortunately it hasn't accomplished anything. As for interest, well Mark did send me an ELT5.0 set(now valued at $600) as a way to say sorry(even though I'd have been perfectly happy with a simple refund). Judging by the continually dropping sale price, my guess is they have so many ELT sets in stock they can just give them away.

But hey, you can try! What's the worse that'll happen?
I doubt anything other than some name calling and denigrating comments, but I'm 100% certain it will accomplish nothing.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If you post any concerns about wanting your refund or any questions about the charities or any other serious questions relating to their past problems, your post will be deleted by the moderators and maybe even banned. All that is on that forum is fanboy hype, any pressing questions about delivering on past promises are treated in an evasive manner. The forum is a one way fanboy hype machine (very misleading IMO) and anybody that is still screwed over will be censored on their forum if they post their concerns (refunds, raffles).

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Did you try posting again in the original thread asking for an update? The link changed, but it's still there. The forsale forum is "open", so i'm sure it would get some attention if not from MLS from the people who returned...

Here's the "new" link:
http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=36413

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
If I were you I would play squeeky wheel. Start posting on the open av123 forums asking for your money back.
I haven't been to the newly reopened av123 forums, but based off what they've said while it was shut down, it's more likely that the squeaky wheel will get permabanned, than get any grease.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I haven't been to the newly reopened av123 forums, but based off what they've said while it was shut down, it's more likely that the squeaky wheel will get permabanned, than get any grease.
I don't see how. But even if he is banned, so what? He doesn't have any money now, it can't possibly get worse.

It would be tough to justify banning a person with a legitimate concern/issue simply for having an issue (assuming he left profanity, etc out of the post). Fanboys would even raise an eyebrow at that. They're on thin ice over there the way it is.

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
I don't see how. But even if he is banned, so what? He doesn't have any money now, it can't possibly get worse.

It would be tough to justify banning a person with a legitimate concern/issue simply for having an issue (assuming he left profanity, etc out of the post). Fanboys would even raise an eyebrow at that. They're on thin ice over there the way it is.
You don't see how people are banned? It's pretty simple... Go look at the forum, it's all peaches and cream, you think that's because everything's really been fixed or because moderators are deleting things like crazy?

Who's on thin ice?

If he posts the whole story on av123's forum 20 bucks says the thread is deleted almost immediately. Another 20 says if he keeps reposting it he'll get banned.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
You don't see how people are banned? It's pretty simple... Go look at the forum, it's all peaches and cream, you think that's because everything's really been fixed or because moderators are deleting things like crazy?
I think it's because 2% of the people went back after the forum was reopened. All the ugliness is still there if you search, it's just not in the 'recent' posts anymore, thus it doesn't show up on the front page.

Who's on thin ice?
Let's just say it's not as rosy as it seems. Inevitably, someone will post an issue, and it'll all blow up.

If he posts the whole story on av123's forum 20 bucks says the thread is deleted almost immediately. Another 20 says if he keeps reposting it he'll get banned.
He doesn't have to post the "whole story" just post an update in an already existing thread asking when the speakers will be delivered. That should do it...

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I think it's because 2% of the people went back after the forum was reopened. All the ugliness is still there if you search, it's just not in the 'recent' posts anymore, thus it doesn't show up on the front page.

Let's just say it's not as rosy as it seems. Inevitably, someone will post an issue, and it'll all blow up.

He doesn't have to post the "whole story" just post an update in an already existing thread asking when the speakers will be delivered. That should do it...
The employees and moderators of AV123 delete anything new posted that has to do with anyone who has become a victim of their unethical business practices. Victims that come forth on their forum and ask for information on their refund (even done politely), the post or thread gets deleted immediately either by a moderator or by a AV123 employee. Same thing goes with anyone that inquires about the charity/raffles that occured on the forum as well.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
cant he just go on every audio forum and post the same warning.. if people google the name it woudl have to come up right? dont most people google items before they buy them just to see what a consensus is? also does anyone let them advertise on their website.. can he or they email those companies and say do you endorse this kind of activity ...

or shoot just get as many people as you can to call in to place orders.. but then tell them we wont give payment until they take care of everyone

at the very least screw with them some how

i just saw this link on their own website.. http://www.av123.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=117

I woudl go to all of these places everyday and post "still no resolution" I woudl go to audioreview and right reviews everyday that tell of their horible customer service.. and the best part is they are sending customers to these sites..

Last edited:
C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
cant he just go on every audio forum and post the same warning.. if people google the name it woudl have to come up right? dont most people google items before they buy them just to see what a consensus is? also does anyone let them advertise on their website.. can he or they email those companies and say do you endorse this kind of activity ...

or shoot just get as many people as you can to call in to place orders.. but then tell them we wont give payment until they take care of everyone

at the very least screw with them some how

i just saw this link on their own website.. http://www.av123.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=117

I woudl go to all of these places everyday and post "still no resolution" I woudl go to audioreview and right reviews everyday that tell of their horible customer service.. and the best part is they are sending customers to these sites..
My friend Grant tried doing that and this was the only thread that seemed to stick. I know he posted virtually the same message on avs and it was deleted within a minute(no idea why). The first few responses in this thread actually mention that Grant tried posting at a few other sites.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
My friend Grant tried doing that and this was the only thread that seemed to stick. I know he posted virtually the same message on avs and it was deleted within a minute(no idea why). The first few responses in this thread actually mention that Grant tried posting at a few other sites.
what about writing reviews on audioreview? they cant stop those right?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
AFAIK you can provided it meets whatever guidelines. Here are some funny posts by people.

J

JazzySmooth

Enthusiast
need one more post to include a url... real response in next message.

J

JazzySmooth

Enthusiast

I would try posting in that thread as well. Be very cordial, just explaining you're posting there because you've been unsuccessful in reaching him via phone or email. I expect he'll quickly respond saying to contact him directly, at which time do so, but state on the forum that you'll have to post back there if you don't hear from him - or something to that effect. I expect he'll make a promise, say payment in a week, and then when he misses that date, post right back into that forum showing everyone that he didn't follow through. Repeat ad nauseum...

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
No, it won't, that's the point.

The posts will be (are being, actually) deleted. Look at their speaker forum right now, someone brings up a raffle/charity thread to the top, someone posts something that's not all peaches and cream (it wasn't offensive, it wasn't filled with profanity, it just QUESTIONED the timeframe of the raffle prize delivery, which isn't even the most pressing question, the big question is whether the charity recipient even got all the funds). What happens? That persons post is deleted and the thread is locked.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
I would try posting in that thread as well. Be very cordial, just explaining you're posting there because you've been unsuccessful in reaching him via phone or email. I expect he'll quickly respond saying to contact him directly, at which time do so, but state on the forum that you'll have to post back there if you don't hear from him - or something to that effect. I expect he'll make a promise, say payment in a week, and then when he misses that date, post right back into that forum showing everyone that he didn't follow through. Repeat ad nauseum...
I'm sorry but there's been a misunderstanding. Like I said in post #671 on page 67, I have been in contact with Mark but I've yet to receive any refund. At times Mark has been bad at responding to emails(didn't respond to single one for a two month period earlier this year), but at least he's responding to them now. His emails since the beginning of July seem to be stating the exact same thing so I remain highly skeptical I will receive anything back from him.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
You should have never accepted that "gift" from Mark. The one he sent you as a way of saying "sorry".

Now, he'll simply state that you recieved product and that the transaction is complete. That he doesn't owe you anything more.

That guy is a major weasel.

J

just listening

Audioholic
You should have never accepted that "gift" from Mark. The one he sent you as a way of saying "sorry".

Now, he'll simply state that you recieved product and that the transaction is complete. That he doesn't owe you anything more.

That guy is a major weasel.
Since MLS has responded via emails since sending the "gift" and discussed getting the LS6's to the OP, he is still on the hook.

As for the underfunding of raffles, in a thread that originated since the reopening of the AV123 Loudspeaker forum section, post #45 by MLS states "No additional raffles will be completed until the two underfunded ones have been completed... "
On his own forum he has admitted to the error, and setting himself up for payment in full. This is a good sign for the charities. Since a great many of AV123 supporters saw this thread and commented, they now are aware and I bet will be following how MLS completes his promise.

D

dylancash

Audioholic Intern
Only if there is actually anybody out there who actually believe it were just those 2 raffles he stole from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis