Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt34

Matt34

Looks like kind of a scary ride on a bike, but that is because I am petrified of cars running my arse over. :D Is there lots of shoulder the whole way?

I like the Tool song in the video. :)
Not much shoulder, most of it is a cliff on one side and a rock wall on the other. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Not much shoulder, most of it is a cliff on one side and a rock wall on the other. :D
I was a passenger down that road with my brother driving a few years ago. I could have sworn that he had a death wish. Hmmm. His wife was in the car...

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's actually the other way around. Ford has been using Mazda technology and skills to improve their line. The Mazda3 and 6 platforms are used for many Ford products.

-pat
Indeed, that is what I was getting at - one cannot really say one is better than the other though - the Fusion was built on the 6 platform, the Focus is the 3, etc., however, the reverse applies as well, as the CX3(7?) was designed and built on the Edge's chassis, and the Tribute on the Escape's.

strube

strube

I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang this evening. Know (if you care) what I really hate?

I hate paying extra money for a blu-ray disc to replace a movie I already have in DVD only to find that those basteria at Warner Brothers were too lazy or cheap to put HD audio on it. My HD DVD player with the AB video processing can upscale the DVD video pretty well for my purposes, so with the same audio track on the BD as the DVD, I should have just saved my damned money...:mad:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I hate paying extra money for a blu-ray disc to replace a movie I already have in DVD only to find that those basteria at Warner Brothers were too lazy or cheap to put HD audio on it.
Don't bother getting Lethal Weapon, then.

strube

strube

Don't bother getting Lethal Weapon, then.
I was waiting on that anyway because they will do some sort of box set in the future, hopefully with good audio.

It might be an early adopter punishment. Back when DVD came out the first version of the Die Hard set was junk, and that is what I bought, of course. You think I would have learned. :rolleyes:

They just want you to double dip, even more so now, and especially WB stuff. It seems like they release a fancier edition a few months after the initial release these days...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Indeed, that is what I was getting at - one cannot really say one is better than the other though - the Fusion was built on the 6 platform, the Focus is the 3, etc., however, the reverse applies as well, as the CX3(7?) was designed and built on the Edge's chassis, and the Tribute on the Escape's.
I've personally driven a focus and a Mazda 3 for long periods of time. They are very different cars indeed.

strube

strube

I've personally driven a focus and a Mazda 3 for long periods of time. They are very different cars indeed.
Well it depends on the years you are talking about. These things didn't start happening until after Ford lost tons of money in 2004, and started rethinking their strategy in 2005.

Prior to 2005 (maybe 2006?) the Focus was its own deal.

Now if you had said the same thing about a 2006 Fusion and Mazda 6, I would not believe a word, and you might as well be comparing Monster speaker wire to Monoprice speaker wire, and it is all in your head because you have decided you like Mazda better, etc. or because you don't want to buy American ;) :). Seriously though, besides sheet metal and the logo on the steering wheel, there really is no difference (talking of the last few years, of course) in the vehicles under discussion.

EDIT: Bah! I must apologize for arguing. The European version of the Focus has been on the Mazda 3 platform since 2005, but the US one is still on the original Focus platform, and won't be switching to the 3's platform until next year. Sorry! :eek:

I am still correct on the other stuff, but the US Focus is sure is a dated sucker...

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
the US Focus is sure is a dated sucker...
We've had very good luck with our 2000 that has 150,000 miles ... and the handling? Magnifico! I'm just goading Davemcc. :)

I've personally driven a focus and a Mazda 3 for long periods of time.
I know you didn't think much of the Focus. You said the handling was loose. I think you may have been driving one that wasn't mechanically sound. We lent our Focus to a friend who knows cars pretty well and the one and only remark he made was a positive one about the handling. Go figure.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
a little.... I think Craig (adk) whatever that means... has had a few... tonight was audioholics draft night..some of these ladies cut loose... like lsiberian and scott.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't pay for any, but I'm about to try out a new HT component... I hope theres no hum...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis