Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It's funny how these ID companies seem to have it stuck in people's heads that they really need this stuff, and they convince people to upgrade every time they come out with something new. Cheap stuff, followed by more cheap stuff. You don't even have to wait on it to break, just get a new one when they finally come out with it in a year and a half.:rolleyes:

majorloser

majorloser

It's funny how these ID companies seem to have it stuck in people's heads that they really need this stuff, and they convince people to upgrade every time they come out with something new. Cheap stuff, followed by more cheap stuff. You don't even have to wait on it to break, just get a new one when they finally come out with it in a year and a half.:rolleyes:
What??? :confused:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Nothing, Emotiva just bothers me. My personal opinion I guess.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah.

Cry about it some more why don't you?

Sign your name with it next time so I can point at you and laugh.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Nothing, Emotiva just bothers me. My personal opinion I guess.
Allow me to elaborate. Emotiva sells an inexpensive, seemingly value driven product that is manufactured in China. I've always felt that someone was a bit "too good to be true" with Emotiva. I've read that their amplifiers aren't too reliable, and for their spec'd power ratings they are extremely heavy. Noise levels on their preamps are substandard, even for receivers, at least that's how it looks on paper. I've never sought to own any Emotiva gear myself so I can't account for actual noise levels.

Quite frankly I don't see how Emotiva makes much money. They must move a lot of volume. I also think they look cheasy, chrome buttons all over the place is just to "bling" for me.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
if they made silver colored units and brought back the analog VU meters ... i'd be more willing to take a gamble :)

what noise levels are there? independently tested or as per manufacturer spec?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
must ... resist ... yamaha amp ... 12 month installment plan.
promo only until august 31 ... doing good resisting ... just a little ... more.

1) new display
2) subs
3) SLR
4) mac mini
i bought a new SLR to replace my old one ... but for some reason, i'm still dreaming of a second body that's a little bit higher in the lines.

canon will be announcing the 60D/7D this august 19 ... but i'm dreaming of a full frame body this time.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I would like to pick up a blu-ray player and a subwoofer. I dont think my neighbors would like that though.:D

Matt34

Matt34

Allow me to elaborate. Emotiva sells an inexpensive, seemingly value driven product that is manufactured in China. I've always felt that someone was a bit "too good to be true" with Emotiva. I've read that their amplifiers aren't too reliable, and for their spec'd power ratings they are extremely heavy. Noise levels on their preamps are substandard, even for receivers, at least that's how it looks on paper. I've never sought to own any Emotiva gear myself so I can't account for actual noise levels.

Quite frankly I don't see how Emotiva makes much money. They must move a lot of volume. I also think they look cheasy, chrome buttons all over the place is just to "bling" for me.
You can get black accents to replace the silver ones now and the amps only have one "chessy" chrome button. Most amps these days are manufactured in China, probably even at some of the same factories. Heavy amps?? I thought you championed the idea that heavy equals good? I'd rather pay less for a heavier amp that will give me more watts/dollar than almost anything else out there in the commercial a/v world and most of the pro-audio side of things.

http://emotiva.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=33

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
You can get black accents to replace the silver ones now and the amps only have one "chessy" chrome button. Most amps these days are manufactured in China, probably even at some of the same factories. Heavy amps?? I thought you championed the idea that heavy equals good? I'd rather pay less for a heavier amp that will give me more watts/dollar than almost anything else out there in the commercial a/v world and most of the pro-audio side of things.

http://emotiva.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=33
Weight isn't everything, it's useful at times but not always.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
if they made silver colored units and brought back the analog VU meters ... i'd be more willing to take a gamble :)

what noise levels are there? independently tested or as per manufacturer spec?
AcuDefTechDude had provided some 3rd party measurements at one time.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
1) New display
2) New Pre/pro
3) Get wiring behind the walls.
4) Music server solution for bedroom system.
5) Be debt free except for mortgage by May, which eliminates most of the above.
I'm still working on the same to-do list but it's due for an update.

1) Check.
2) Check.
3) In progress. I have actually removed some basement walls and a good portion of basement ceiling so I can run wires and add outlets. It's a good start and I'm working my way towards the areas where my systems are on the main floor.
4) Check.
5) Check.* Mortgage and car payments remaining. If I could stop buying cars, I'd be all set, financially.

The only thing on my wishlist now is a whole home remodel, including getting the wiring behind the walls of the existing systems, a new bathroom and a dedicated HT space in the basement. My basement only has 7' ceilings. I think I may want to raise the whole house and add a couple rows of block to the foundation to increase the basement's ceiling height. I would also have to modify the structure to remove some support poles that are spaced every 7' to 8' across the basement. Either that or build a new addition for the HT. Making enough space for a decent HT is not going to be cheap or easy.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still working on the same to-do list but it's due for an update.

1) Check.
2) Check.
3) In progress. I have actually removed some basement walls and a good portion of basement ceiling so I can run wires and add outlets. It's a good start and I'm working my way towards the areas where my systems are on the main floor.
4) Check.
5) Check.* Mortgage and car payments remaining. If I could stop buying cars, I'd be all set, financially.

The only thing on my wishlist now is a whole home remodel, including getting the wiring behind the walls of the existing systems, a new bathroom and a dedicated HT space in the basement. My basement only has 7' ceilings. I think I may want to raise the whole house and add a couple rows of block to the foundation to increase the basement's ceiling height. I would also have to modify the structure to remove some support poles that are spaced every 7' to 8' across the basement. Either that or build a new addition for the HT. Making enough space for a decent HT is not going to be cheap or easy.
Congratulations on progress Dave :-D
First on my wishlist is to move to another country now :p

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Even a Norwegian with a Ukraine girlfirend?
I kind'a like Ontario :p except for coooooooooold winters :eek:
Sure...why not? It's not terribly cold in the extreme southern part of Ontario where I am. It's going to be 11°C all week down here. I would enjoy some of that global warming they've been promising though.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Sure...why not? It's not terribly cold in the extreme southern part of Ontario where I am. It's going to be 11°C all week down here. I would enjoy some of that global warming they've been promising though.
Well, Canada may even be an option for us, honestly :p
Been around Toronto, Mississauga, Burlington area quite a few times, liked it .p

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I would like too many things!

DSX with heights.

Which means new pre/pro.

with Audyssey Dynamic Volume/EQ.

Video calibration tools like the AVFoundry VideoEQ, with a nice EyeOne Pro, and some Calman software.

A used Lumagen HDP could work for now, for my oversaturation of green.

Or forget either the Lumagen or VideoEQ, and get me a new PJ.

Bigger and more subs.

More blurays.

There's more on the list, but that's enough greediness for now.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
:eek: Oh yeah . . .

A Sonos system too.

And some nice Lutron stuff. With a remote that will handle this.

Fly bandphan over to the left coast to program it for me.

and . . . and . . . and . . .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis