Better Table saw(mines a lil ryobi.)

More clamps.

A DCX 2496

an Ep2500

I guess I've gone all DIY now lol.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
"Messenger preamp" (but it's never going to happen)

Well; if you have to ask for price :eek::eek: ........ It's not gonna happen

Listened to this once, first using Conrad Johnson Art-2 :D
Then switched to Messenger with the tube based power supply

Very very clear improvement from Art-2 and we're not talking subtle changes, and just by switching preamp..... :eek: :eek: The Messenger.... if you listen to it once, you're probably not gonna forget about this..... but you can buy a new BMW for the same price....

Malestrom-x sub(s)
Wow, that's what I call a subwoofer driver, thx for the tip Matt :D

What kind of cabinet will this driver require? must be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge :eek:

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
AV related:

1) 1080 native PJ + Isf calibration
2) DCX 2496 + lots of time with REW

Car related (Mk1 TT):

1) Sway bar upgrade (H&R, getting rear this week)
2) Breaks upgrade (Stoptech steel braided lines + pads)
3) Exhaust upgrade (APR Turbo back) + Boost gauge + tune
4) Coilovers (Stasis)
5) Wheels (Raderworks MTEN-80br)

In general:

1) A more fulfilling job
2) A more meaningful life

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I want those GIK art panels too.

My current wish list:
Ascend 340SE or emotiva 5.1 HT system.

XPA-5 and XPA-2 for the wmax speakers

Apple TV

Malestrom-x sub(s)

Tube amp-- want to try one out.
Due to the high gain XLR inputs with no trim controls, the Emotiva amps are actually a poor choice to match with the DCX crossover system. You have to use the RCA inputs on the amps combined with Harrison Labs -12dB attenuation RCA couplers and XLR to RCA from the DCX in order to get noise free performance with the Emotiva amps. They will work fine with the above adapters, but it would be more straightforward to use amps that can be directly connected if you have not already purchased amps. The Yamaha pro amps I routinely recommend are 1st rate in quality/performance and have the required trim controls. The ugly rack mount wings also are removable on the Yamaha amps for use in regular consumer audio racks.

-Chris

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Due to the high gain XLR inputs with no trim controls, the Emotiva amps are actually a poor choice to match with the DCX crossover system. You have to use the RCA inputs on the amps combined with Harrison Labs -12dB attenuation RCA couplers and XLR to RCA from the DCX in order to get noise free performance with the Emotiva amps. They will work fine with the above adapters, but it would be more straightforward to use amps that can be directly connected if you have not already purchased amps. The Yamaha pro amps I routinely recommend are 1st rate in quality/performance and have the required trim controls. The ugly rack mount wings also are removable on the Yamaha amps for use in regular consumer audio racks.

-Chris
How do you rate the Yamaha pro amps you use, compared to the Behringer EP2500?
Which Yamaha amps?

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
How do you rate the Yamaha pro amps you use, compared to the Behringer EP2500?
Which Yamaha amps?
The Yamaha amps have no fan noise and are more efficient. They use a variable power supply that continuously changes the rail voltage to what is needed to reduce heat radically. According to Yamaha, they have the efficiency of class D amplifiers, but yet use standard AB class output stages. The increased efficiency is especially useful for home users that want high power without having to add in more dedicated circuits.

The Yamaha amps are not exactly compared to the Behringer. The Behringer is made for a more versatile range of uses, as it is 2 Ohm stable, and the Yamaha is intended for 4 Ohm use. But as the Yamahas have no fan noise, they are more suited out of the box for home use, and they look better, if that is an issue. Also, the rack mount wings are removable from the Yamahas, allowing them to match regular consumer gear even more closely.

The Yamaha amps I recommend are the P2500S, P3500S, P5000S and P7000S. They all use the same topology; just pick the one that fits the power range you need. The P5000S and P7000S are slightly different from the other three. These two last, higher powered models use switch mode power supplies in order to remain low in weight, while the lower powered three units use standard power supplies.

-Chris

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
How do you like the Summits?
And it's two 10"'ers in each of them yes?? :cool:
Don't really need subwoofers do you :p
Well, I have to admit that the Summits look great sitting in their boxes in my dining room. :eek::D

I haven't hooked them up yet because I'm going to be swapping everything out at once. (With the possible exception of the UMC for obvious reasons.) As soon as I do you guys will be the first to know. I've been holding off putting pictures of my set up in the "Member Systems Gallery" thread because I plan on doing a before and after set of pics.

What can I say? I'm the type of guy who likes delayed gratification.:eek::D

And to answer your question, yes they have duel 10" woofers in each. As far as needing additional subwoofer(s), we'll see. I have a tiny Velo sub now, but unfortunately I may not have the space to add something like a SVS sub(which I would like) without heading to divorce court. LOL

Last edited:
res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
My wish list:

Peace, love, and harmony for all the world. Where everyone finally gets a long and loves one another for who they are. All of the nations get rid of nuclear weapons and any form of violence...

And then...

A freakin' HUGE arse meteor :D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
The Yamaha amps have no fan noise and are more efficient. They use a variable power supply that continuously changes the rail voltage to what is needed to reduce heat radically. According to Yamaha, they have the efficiency of class D amplifiers, but yet use standard AB class output stages. The increased efficiency is especially useful for home users that want high power without having to add in more dedicated circuits.

The Yamaha amps are not exactly compared to the Behringer. The Behringer is made for a more versatile range of uses, as it is 2 Ohm stable, and the Yamaha is intended for 4 Ohm use. But as the Yamahas have no fan noise, they are more suited out of the box for home use, and they look better, if that is an issue. Also, the rack mount wings are removable from the Yamahas, allowing them to match regular consumer gear even more closely.

The Yamaha amps I recommend are the P2500S, P3500S, P5000S and P7000S. They all use the same topology; just pick the one that fits the power range you need. The P5000S and P7000S are slightly different from the other three. These two last, higher powered models use switch mode power supplies in order to remain low in weight, while the lower powered three units use standard power supplies.

-Chris
must ... resist ... yamaha amp ... 12 month installment plan.

replace the lost subwoofer or a new amp? hmmm

majorloser

majorloser

I got three lists: Pre-order items, Needs, Wish list.

Pre-order items:
Emotiva UMC-1 Should be here by July
Emotiva XMC-1 ???? Maybe by end of year
Sideshow Collectibles "Hell Boy Big Baby" Should be here in a couple weeks

Needs:
Epson 7500UB projector (old projector just died) Installed
Don't get laid off in the next few months. Still working on this one :(

Wish List: (aka: dream list)
Status Acoustic Mediette center channel Just need to scrape up some cash
Status Acoustic Atlas tower speakers Just need to win the lottery
Emotiva XPA-1 (x3) Debating on the upcoming Emo 7-channel Emo amp instead
Emotiva XPA-2 (x2) Same as above

I still have a few items in the works, but for now my spending is pretty much in a holding pattern. :eek::mad::(

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
must ... resist ... yamaha amp ... 12 month installment plan.

replace the lost subwoofer or a new amp? hmmm
The Yamaha amps that WmAx recommends look really good, and even nice in domestic environment, and they'll probably perform exceptionally well :D

Matt34

Matt34

My wish list has changed a bit:

1. Emotiva UPA-2
2. Subwoofer-- Epik Dragon or the Rythmik F15 are at the top of the list.
3. Polk Monitor 30 for surrounds

On the way is:

1. 40g Apple T.V
2. SMS-1-- decided I couldn't live without it.:eek:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
My wish list has changed a bit:

1. Emotiva UPA-2
2. Subwoofer-- Epik Dragon or the Rythmik F15 are at the top of the list.
3. Polk Monitor 30 for surrounds

On the way is:

1. 40g Apple T.V
2. SMS-1-- decided I couldn't live without it.:eek:
I'll trade you a DS12 for the F15!
-pat

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis