strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well, I was going to buy an Oppo blu-ray player yesterday, but then Amazon went out of stock. Just bad timing for me, I suppose. I was going to buy the Oppo and then give my DMP-BD60 to a friend of mine. I was so disappointed that I couldn't give him the player, that I bought him a new one from Amazon today and had it shipped next day. He'll get it tomorrow. His wife wouldn't let him get one, so I bet that he'll be excited about it.
That was very noble of you, sir. Bravo!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That was very noble of you, sir. Bravo!
Thanks, man! I hope that he's isn't uncomfortable about it. I'm sure that I can talk him into accepting it and being okay with it. I'll let him buy me a Starbucks or something.

strube

strube

Thanks, man! I hope that he's isn't uncomfortable about it. I'm sure that I can talk him into accepting it and being okay with it. I'll let him buy me a Starbucks or something.
Sounds like a reasonable trade.

I gave my Kenwood deck to a friend before he moved away to New York (probably of greater value to the BD60) and was hoping the same thing but he was good with it. If your friendship is strong he shouldn't be uncomfortable and should assume that all will even out in the end. :)

EDIT: Wow! Did you really only pay $188 for his player? That is an outstanding price.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
EDIT: Wow! Did you really only pay $188 for his player? That is an outstanding price.
Ouch. Of course not. I paid about $195 for it. The effing thing will be $80 by tomorrow.

Maybe I'll make that two Starbucks. :)

strube

strube

Ouch. Of course not. I paid about $195 for it. The effing thing will be $80 by tomorrow.

Maybe I'll make that two Starbucks. :)
Yes, that will certainly make up for the $7.

It could be worse, hopefully it doesn't actually taunt you by going down to $80 tomorrow...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It could be worse, hopefully it doesn't actually taunt you by going down to $80 tomorrow...
I won't worry about it. :) I know that prices drop. Gifts are different to me than things that I buy for myself, and I worry less about the money on those. I can't bring myself to pay 50 cents for a candy bar, but I'll throw down $1700 for a laptop for my parents without blinking an eye. Giving gifts just brings me more joy, I guess.

Last edited:
strube

strube

I won't worry about it. :) I know that prices drop. Gifts are different to me than things that I buy for myself, and I worry less about the money on those. I can't bring myself to pay 50 cents for a candy bar, but I'll throw down $1700 for a laptop for my parents without blinking an eye. Giving gifts just bring me more joy, I guess.
I totally understand, and feel the same way for the most part. I think I will even be more so that way when I have a paycheck every month though ;).

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Paychecks are good.
They certainly are helpful. I'd probably appreciate my job more if I could actually associate the act of getting paid while working. Instead, I have this mysterious cash infusion every two weeks.

Unfortunately, I'm kinda high visibility and they would know it if I stopped showing up. :(

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The Dawg needs a gift buddy. There is a certain remote I need that will only cost you 500 buck or so. Do you need my address?
I won't worry about it. :) I know that prices drop. Gifts are different to me than things that I buy for myself, and I worry less about the money on those. I can't bring myself to pay 50 cents for a candy bar, but I'll throw down $1700 for a laptop for my parents without blinking an eye. Giving gifts just brings me more joy, I guess.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Nah. Alex can tell me.
Scene from new movie titled, "Monkeys in the Ceiling"

Scene begins at Adam's Hacienda del Poocho. He's lounging around in a bathrobe and drinking heavily. He decides to drunk-dial Alex, who's picture is above the couch.

(switch scenes to Dawg's kitchen. PD hears a muffled ringing, and starts searching for the mysterious ringing noise)

(scary music begins)

PD: "Where the hell is that noise coming from?"
(PD continues to pace about the house, finally settling in the living room where the noise seems to be emanating from the ceiling. At that moment, Alex falls through the ceiling, covered in plaster dust. He answers the phone)

Alex: "Hello? uh...hang on a sec, Adam, something just kinda came up." (hangs up) "Whaddup, Dawg? Sorry about that, I can fix that, you know? It was your week to get stalked, I guess you didn't get the memo judging by the look on your face."

PD: "No."

Alex: "You don't have any bacon, do you?"

(Suddenly, Samuel Jackson then kicks down the door and flashes some FBI cred.)

Samuel Jackson: "FBI, mother-f'er! I told you I'd find you, you derelict monkey-*** cracker."

Alex: "What?"

Samuel Jackson: "Say what one more god-damned time. I dare you. I double dare you."

Samuel Jackson then pistol whips Alex, and he passes out. "He'll get plenty of bacon in prison, don't worry about that".

PD throws up in his mouth a little bit.

(scene cut)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Nah. Alex can tell me.
I lost it by clicking the wrong thing and my PM's went 'poof'! You're really the guy who's wicked good at this net stalking thing. I wouldn't hesitate to spend $1700 on candy bars. Man I love sweets.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I lost it by clicking the wrong thing and my PM's went 'poof'! You're really the guy who's wicked good at this net stalking thing. I wouldn't hesitate to spend $1700 on candy bars. Man I love sweets.
Have you tried any of the european stuff? That stuff is amazing.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Love it!!!!!!
Scene from new movie titled, "Monkeys in the Ceiling"

Scene begins at Adam's Hacienda del Poocho. He's lounging around in a bathrobe and drinking heavily. He decides to drunk-dial Alex, who's picture is above the couch.

(switch scenes to Dawg's kitchen. PD hears a muffled ringing, and starts searching for the mysterious ringing noise)

(scary music begins)

PD: "Where the hell is that noise coming from?"
(PD continues to pace about the house, finally settling in the living room where the noise seems to be emanating from the ceiling. At that moment, Alex falls through the ceiling, covered in plaster dust. He answers the phone)

Alex: "Hello? uh...hang on a sec, Adam, something just kinda came up." (hangs up) "Whaddup, Dawg? Sorry about that, I can fix that, you know? It was your week to get stalked, I guess you didn't get the memo judging by the look on your face."

PD: "No."

Alex: "You don't have any bacon, do you?"

(Suddenly, Samuel Jackson then kicks down the door and flashes some FBI cred.)

Samuel Jackson: "FBI, mother-f'er! I told you I'd find you, you derelict monkey-*** cracker."

Alex: "What?"

Samuel Jackson: "Say what one more god-damned time. I dare you. I double dare you."

Samuel Jackson then pistol whips Alex, and he passes out. "He'll get plenty of bacon in prison, don't worry about that".

PD throws up in his mouth a little bit.

(scene cut)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow Chris, that's inspired. I hope Adam doesn't read that at work. They'll know for sure that he's not working because of the laughter. It would cost him come review time.

Have you tried any of the european stuff? That stuff is amazing.
Only when I was over there but there has been so much time, beer, scotch and pot in between then and now that those memories have faded.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Awesome, Chris! "Say 'what' one more time...." :D

That story was inspired, my man. No, I didn't read it at work - just got to it right now. Actually having to do work at work is a drag. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just got off the phone with my buddy. He was very happy about the player. He said that it was too much to accept, but I think that was his wife talking. :p I talked him into keeping it. Yeah, it took a lot of arm twisting. :D I loaned him Transformers on blu-ray, which I think he'll like as he's never seen it. I'm a bit jealous because his receiver has HDMI and can play the lossless codecs. :)

strube

strube

I just got off the phone with my buddy. He was very happy about the player. He said that it was too much to accept, but I think that was his wife talking. :p I talked him into keeping it. Yeah, it took a lot of arm twisting. :D I loaned him Transformers on blu-ray, which I think he'll like as he's never seen it. I'm a bit jealous because his receiver has HDMI and can play the lossless codecs. :)
Is dog food and organic hippie food really all that expensive? I am still waiting for you to stop complaining and buy an AVR already! ;) You are missing out on some tasty lossless Blu-Ray audio.

That SC-25 would be fine. Hell even the VSX-21TXH would give you what you are lacking and that thing is pretty cheap (sure beats the Denons in that price range/class)! Just do it. :p

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm waiting for the VSX-21 and/or 23 to be released, my man! Once they are, I'll probably get one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis