Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Decisions, decisions. I can get the 3808 for the same price as the 3310. Hmmm...

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Decisions, decisions. I can get the 3808 for the same price as the 3310. Hmmm...
Just curious, where did you find an in-stock 3808?

If it were me, today, I would go with the 4310. If you really didn't care about the video processing and the front HDMI, get the 3808. I wouldn't even consider the 3310, it is inferior in many ways (China-made being one of them) - it is the '10 model of the 2809, where the 4310 is the '10 model of the 3808. The 4810 is the '10 model of the 4308, and should be released in the fall sometime (but it is going to be very spendy). Good old confusing model numbering...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
There are definitely things about the 4310 that I like over the 3808, but the extra $500 is tough to justify (that's more than my current receiver - that I like - cost me). I do wish that the software upgrade for the 3808 still had the rebate, as I'd like a couple of the items in the $100 upgrade package.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The 3808 appears to have a fan, where as the 4310 doesn't seem to have any slots on the back for a fan.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I couldn't make up my mind in time. Sold out. Amazon had it for $999, but they only had one.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
There are definitely things about the 4310 that I like over the 3808, but the extra $500 is tough to justify (that's more than my current receiver - that I like - cost me). I do wish that the software upgrade for the 3808 still had the rebate, as I'd like a couple of the items in the $100 upgrade package.
Yeah the upgrade package is almost a must-do at some point, so you should only have to justify an extra $400. Honestly, it is a shame you missed the 3808, because that would have been the way to go for $400 difference. I just didn't think you could get it anymore for a reasonable price because they want you to buy the 4310 (maybe give AVS store a call about a 3808 for under $1k - I keep hearing great things about their store, but you have to call and I hate the phone so yeah). That said, $1499 for a 2010 model with no upgrade necessary is pretty dang good. It is going to be $1999 everywhere again soon I am betting...

The 3808 appears to have a fan, where as the 4310 doesn't seem to have any slots on the back for a fan.
No, there aren't fans in any of the Denons AFAIK. I hate fans more than the phone - I had a bad experience with the NAD brand AVR and their 3 fans throwing feedback into my speakers.

EDIT: There is a factory sealed 3808 from Amazon Warehouse that just says "box damage" - it is $1055, but maybe you could give them a call, find out about the box damage, and if it is nothing major, see if you could get it for a little cheaper since they were just selling one new for $999...

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi Adam, So you've decided against any of the Elite models?:)
Not yet, but I'm not feeling as jazzed about the ones in my price range. The VSX-23 front plate was kinda cheap looking (with a pop-off dust cover for the front jacks instead of a flip-down plate), and it probably didn't help my first impression that it's shiny surface was completely covered in finger prints. The remote control isn't nearly as nice as the one for the 1015, IMO, being less ergonomic and not being a learning remote. That, and the VSX-23 was going to cost me twice as much as the 1015.

What I want, but openly acknowledge that I don't need, is the ability to use the lossless audio codecs along with DVD-A and SACD over HDMI. Other than that, the 1015 has everything that I want.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For the life of me, I can't get my DMP-BD60 front display to show the track number. I can see that the display has the required elements to show it, and the images of the the unit online show the track number on the display.

Does anyone here know how to do it? Thanks!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
For the life of me, I can't get my DMP-BD60 front display to show the track number. I can see that the display has the required elements to show it, and the images of the the unit online show the track number on the display.

Does anyone here know how to do it? Thanks!
I know how to do it...:rolleyes:

That's odd Track number should be shown first and foremost in by book.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I know this is a dumb question but.....here it comes.....

Don't you have a manual?:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Woed! I'm a bit torqued that I can't get this thing to show that.

Daddy might need to buy an Oppo.
My Denons don't show the track number either unless I do the on-screen display and I'm hoping AH is giving away an an Oppo to their rep points leader. Man am I ever hoping for that ... :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My Denons don't show the track number either unless I do the on-screen display and I'm hoping AH is giving away an an Oppo to their rep points leader. Man am I ever hoping for that ... :D
If it's anything like where I work, they'll start that policy tomorrow. Seems like whenever I'm doing something, it's a pain in the a**. As soon as I stop doing and somebody else starts, it's the best effing thing since sliced bread.

Sorry. A bit of pent up something going on there...

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If it's anything like where I work, they'll start that policy tomorrow. Seems like whenever I'm doing something, it's a pain in the a**. As soon as I stop doing and somebody else starts, it's the best effing thing since sliced bread.

Sorry. I bit of pent up something going on there...
I'll say. Your English just got bad ... so I quoted it. :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'll say. Your English just got bad ... so I quoted it. :p
Thanks, man. :D I should have read that again. I've had that problem for many years - using "I" instead of "A." Don't know why. Maybe it's a sign of being self-involved or something...

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
If your remote has a button with "FL" above it, try that. Every Panasonic DVD I've dealt with has had it and it affected the display.

<< Never mind. Just saw a pic of the remote. It does look like the remote may have texting capabilities with all the letters on the keypad... >>
-pat

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis