Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was hoping for a new title at 12500 posts, but no dice. It would be the first time that I'd ever had a title before someone else did. I thought it might be something more fitting like "Audioholic Post Whore." :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Did you have to take a circuits course?
I'll reply here instead of derailing (even further :eek:) Seth's thread.

Yep, I took a circuits course. I didn't mind it, but building electronics clearly isn't my passion. Using them, on the other hand... :)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'll reply here instead of derailing (even further :eek:) Seth's thread.

Yep, I took a circuits course. I didn't mind it, but building electronics clearly isn't my passion. Using them, on the other hand... :)
You use electronics on your other hand? :eek:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Man, this new generation of tech-wise kids have all kinds of cool things to play with. ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Man, this new generation of tech-wise kids have all kinds of cool things to play with. ;)
Yeah, but when it comes to playing with things, some kids probably still like to go old school.

What? I was talking about Lincoln Logs and stuff. Oh, wait. That probably didn't help clear it up...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Geese, I've just about drained my MacBook battery surfing AH this morning. I should go do something.

Like walk to my desktop. :D

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am replying here too:

LOL. I have more respect for you now. Electrical engineers are just trouble makers anyway. :p
You better watch yourself sonny...;)

It better be because I heard and must say I'm shocked. I thought we knew you, but you went away and got corrupted. Time for shunning. :p

Unix is a great OS. Used for a lot of the important stuff. But guys do get way to hung up on the coolness of it. It's sad to see nerds get all turned on about an operating system. But I guess it's my job to be a nerd now so I find my off time is best served by watching nerd shows. Like Star Trek:TNG episodes. And of course playing Madden or NCAA.
It is a good OS, don't get me wrong.

For me, it's not about what Unix can do, its about what Unix can't do. I definitely agree that people shouldn't become fanboys of particular OS's, as they all have their place. I used it for a long time for little tasks like web browsing and word processing (until I got a RAID array set up that is) but then, since I had to design a previously mentioned freaking awesome thing with SolidWorks, write some programs with MATLAB without buying the Unix version for $5k, edit some photos in Photoshop, and maybe play a game occasionally without having to emulate Windows, it was time for it to go bye-bye.

Last edited:
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Depends what mood the other animals are in...

Ehhh.. nope...
This quote editing is really getting out of control.

I have a tazer reserved specifically for that purpose (that's right, I used one of those label maker machines to make a label for this particular tazer that says quote editor tazer), so you better watch it, buddy! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis