Denon AVP-A1HDCI / POA-A1HDCI Review Support Thread

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Hi Gene,

I would like to know if you can ask Jeff Talmadge (When you speak to him again) if is there sign of future updates for the AVP which will consist of Dolby Z and Audyssey DSX.

Thank you for your time
Hi Frank.:)

Yes those would be some really cool things to have for our AVP's.:) I wonder if Dolby Z and Audyssey DSX will work in conjunction with DD, DD TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD MA?

Seth

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I spoke with Jeff at Denon. It is unknown at this time if the AVP will support Dolby Z or Audyssey DSX.

Regarding Dlink 4, its coming as a FREE upgrade next week for the AVP and 5308CI.

N

Noobman

Audiophyte
I spoke with Jeff at Denon. It is unknown at this time if the AVP will support Dolby Z or Audyssey DSX.

Regarding Dlink 4, its coming as a FREE upgrade next week for the AVP and 5308CI.
Personally i dont believe that Dolby Z or Audyssey DSX will be available for us AVP owners(Ethernet upgrade), For me it doesnt matter at all but i know that alot of people would disagree;).

How cool isnt it that via this thread we all got an direct link to 'the man' so to say.....Thanks Gene for making this possible:).

//Mats

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Hi Gene,

Just a simple question. Do you own the AVP-A1 & POA-A1 combination?

Regards,

Bob

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic

Gene,

Thank you very much for asking Jeff about these things, and for sharing the info with us. :)

Seth

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
Gene, where does the AVP-A1HDCI rank as one of the best measuring pre-amps you've reviewed/tested?

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
I just completed a 40 minute update, and now when the AVP powers on it clearly shows Denon Link 4th on the display. The update went smoothly. Just wanted to share.

Donaldjlewis

Audiophyte
Denon link 4

Hello this is my first post. I just updated the firmware on the AVP-A1HDCI to have the denon link4. I also just got the DVD-A1UDCI. I have hooked up the hdmi and denon link from the player and turned denon link on the player on but I can not quite understand how to turn it on with the AVP-A1HDCI. Any help would be great.

thanks

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Hello this is my first post. I just updated the firmware on the AVP-A1HDCI to have the denon link4. I also just got the DVD-A1UDCI. I have hooked up the hdmi and denon link from the player and turned denon link on the player on but I can not quite understand how to turn it on with the AVP-A1HDCI. Any help would be great.

thanks
Very cool!! Congrats!!:) I have an A1UDCI on order, and hopefully will be receiving it by the end of this month.

Since I don't yet own the player I can't really help. But you can try this thread.

Also be sure to join our AVP/POA & A1UD Wiki.

Seth

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
This is sad, from such a state-of-the-art Surround Processor and Multichannel Amp.

With only five members that I know off, who own the AVP-A1HDci, and a thread that is dead, like in a coma, I give up. That's too bad. :(

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
With only five members that I know off, who own the AVP-A1HDci, and a thread that is dead, like in a coma, I give up. That's too bad. :(
Don't give up just yet! We will manage to get this thread going again. Let me spark a bit of interest from fellow owners that I know.

There are way way more than just five members who own an AVP or AVP/POA. So please don't let this slowdown discourage ya.;)

Seth

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Don't give up just yet! We will manage to get this thread going again. Let me spark a bit of interest from fellow owners that I know.

There are way way more than just five members who own an AVP or AVP/POA. So please don't let this slowdown discourage ya.;)

Seth
Hi Seth,

I really like your enthusiasm, and can share it with you.
I did try a couple times before but without such luck.

I'm sure there is more than five owners; perhaps everyone is enjoying their toys and don't have time to post? :)
And perhaps no one is experiencing any problems with their Denon toys, they are just performing very well withouth any hitch. :)
Or maybe, they found better forums to go to?

I know AVS is busy with the Aussies, so maybe that's where the true action is. But then, with Gene here, we (well you guys) should be in good hands. :)
But there are also some very knowledgeable people at AVS.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your great optimism. :)

Regards,

Bob

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Hi Seth,

I really like your enthusiasm, and can share it with you.
I did try a couple times before but without such luck.

I'm sure there is more than five owners; perhaps everyone is enjoying their toys and don't have time to post? :)
And perhaps no one is experiencing any problems with their Denon toys, they are just performing very well withouth any hitch. :)
Or maybe, they found better forums to go to?

I know AVS is busy with the Aussies, so maybe that's where the true action is. But then, with Gene here, we (well you guys) should be in good hands. :)
But there are also some very knowledgeable people at AVS.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your great optimism. :)

Regards,

Bob
Hi Bob,

Yes AVS gets a LOT of traffic, mainly due in large part to the official owners thread being there. But that should be no reason to abandon this fine thread here. As a matter of fact there have been some AVP/POA owners who have posted here that are not yet members at AVS. And we shouldn't ignore them.

Speaking of the AVP, at some point do you think you might get one?

And thanks for your optimism as well.;)

Seth

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Hi Bob,

Yes AVS gets a LOT of traffic, mainly due in large part to the official owners thread being there. But that should be no reason to abandon this fine thread here. As a matter of fact there have been some AVP/POA owners who have posted here that are not yet members at AVS. And we shouldn't ignore them.

Speaking of the AVP, at some point do you think you might get one?

And thanks for your optimism as well.;)

Seth
Hi Seth,

I don't leave no one in the dark. I'm here to shine some light to the ones in need, and to be enlightened by the ones who are bright.
It is my philosophy in life, and no rock should be left unturn.

Of course, I will eventually get an AVP-A1HDci, when the price will come down with time. ;)
* But by then Audyssey DSX might have a strong hold. :)

Cheers,

Bob

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Hi Seth,

I don't leave no one in the dark. I'm here to shine some light to the ones in need, and to be enlightened by the ones who are bright.
It is my philosophy in life, and no rock should be left unturn.

Of course, I will eventually get an AVP-A1HDci, when the price will come down with time. ;)
* But by then Audyssey DSX might have a strong hold. :)

Cheers,

Bob
I really appreciate your positive outlook Bob.:)

And Audyssey DSX is something that many AVP owners would love to see added. Hopefully we will get it.

And it may be a while before the price of the mighty AVP comes down. With the just introduced A1UDCI, and it being touted as being a perfect companion piece for the AVP/POA, the AVP will likely remain Denon's flagship pre/pro for a while. It's usually near the end of a products life cycle (when it's being replaced with a newer model) that the price usually drops. So you may be waiting for another 2 years.;)

Seth

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
No sweat Seth, I'm a very patient person. :)

And meanwhile, I might find a good deal on an Anthem pre/pro. ;)

* I wish you guys do get Audyssey DSX.

Bob

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
No sweat Seth, I'm a very patient person. :)

And meanwhile, I might find a good deal on an Anthem pre/pro. ;)

* I wish you guys do get Audyssey DSX.

Bob
Yes, Anthem is another solid choice (D2 or D2v?). But us AVP owners are so spoiled by our AVP's we are just a tad biased.;)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Yes, Anthem is another solid choice (D2 or D2v?). But us AVP owners are so spoiled by our AVP's we are just a tad biased.;)
Hey, Seth, you disappear here for a short while. :)

Yep, I'm myself bias toward the Anthem Statement D2v/ARC1 with the Gennum VXP video processor. :D

But I also love Audyssey MultEQ Pro v3.0 and Audyssey DSX (I think). ;)
I also like the HQV Realta video processor (used to have it for a short while).

Regards,

Bob

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis