Your thoughts on Transformers 2?

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
That review is pretty accurate. I still loved it anyway. :D

The Stingray concept is perfect, I'm saving my pennies now!

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Im not really understanding all these negative reviews. Its like people are expecting a oscar worthy story. WTF its transformers! It was all I hoped for, Big bots fighting, and lots of laughs. The cursing was just extra icing on the cake. It was full of testosterone. The story could have been better but who cares. I also saw it in the IMAX. Sound and picture was amazing. The fight scenes were amazing also. I would have been good to have some more character development on the new autobots and decepticons for the newbies but who cares. Bay would have had to tack on another 30 mins to the movie to add character development. It was mindless fun!

Oh and the real story on the fallen is that he and unicron betrayed primus (the creator of the transformers including the fallen and brother of unicron) They both ended up getting shipped to another dimension. They didnt follow this story but who cares.

Also they made prime a mans man unlike in the first movie when megatron was whipping his ***.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, got to see this one this afternoon. It was a very entertaining movie for the most part. Running mostly on adrenaline and very action packed is what comes to mind. The F/Xs were superb, but the story-line seems to be disconnected. Basically, it did not flow as well as I would have liked. In fact, the story seemed to be hard to follow at times due to all of the fighting. Like many, there were certainly some eye-candy in this one. This, of course, is always a plus in my book. ;):p;)

All in all, I liked this one. The audio was a step above imho. Superb dynamics both in audio and the F/X. Just wished the story-line was a bit better composed. However, it sure was a fun ride and a bit loud. In short, the movie was pretty much what I expected it to be-very entertaining, lots of fast action with awesome audio effects, and need I say hot chicks! :eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Horrendous story. The first one was FAR FAR better paced, had an intelligible plot, and was easier to follow throught.

This POS seemed to have been built solely around special effects.

It looks and sounds great. But that's really it! A major dissapointment for me.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Worse than the first one

This movie sucked!

I guess if you have ADD this is a cool movie. But there's hardly any plot and the film jumps around so much I felt dizzy. A lot of the action happens so fast, and the air is so filled with dust and sand that it's hard to tell what the hell is happening.

And that dumb add green robot with the gold tooth was borderline racist. To top it all off, the theater I saw it in had crappy sound, so I didn't even get to enjoy that! I was seriously thinking that they had the subs turned off or something. There was almost no bass. The movie was showing in 2 theaters and I guess the other theater's projector broke at the end, because all of a sudden the theater filled up with tons of people. They were sitting in the aisles and everything.

Anyway, I came home, popped in the first movie on BD and said, this is how that movie should have sounded.

Sorry, but this movie sucked. I sure as hell won't be buying it on BD.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Nice for a change to have honest opinions about the ditto film, instead of having pictures of cute girls. ;) If I want that, I'll go to my neighborhood strip bar. :)

A

alexwakelin

Full Audioholic
I was worried about all the bad reviews, but I enjoyed the movie, not sure if being a bit tipsy at the time had anything to do with it :p I think the reviewers that bombed had entirely the wrong expectations of the movie.

What to expect:
Loud
In your face
Non stop action
Lots of eye candy

What not to expect:
Meaningful plot
Deep characters

It is what it is, a fun action popcorn flick. While it was pretty long, the action moved along fast enough that only my bladder was telling it to hurry up.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Problem with the new Transformers is that, when they transform, parts just appear out of nowhere. I don't know if I'm looking at a face, or the back of their head. It's ridiculous. It's all misdirection, smoke and mirrors. Not like the cartoons back in the day. Then you could at least see and understand how they transformed.

Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme

Audioholic
1st Transformers = A-
2nd Transformers = C-

The bad:
1. Hard to distinguish between good and bad transformers when they are fighting.
2. Plot did not flow very well.
3. Transformers that speak with a hip street slang (I'm going to pop a cap in his b!tch a$$)
4. Transformer that transforms into a human.
5. Devastator was a joke. It looked as if he could barely even move around. Maybe it was his steel balls clanging together.
6. Who needs autobots when you have a rail gun. One shot kill.
7. Bumble bee still cannot speak. I guess it is funnier to just have him use old speeches and music to communicate.
8. No Omega Supreme.

The good:
1. I love seeing live action transformers
2. Prime is finally a bad A.
3. Megan Fox.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
1st Transformers = A-
2nd Transformers = C-
wow u were very kind on the 1st Xformers. I will see the 2nd of course but expect it to be pretty lame. I am still a G1 fan despite some of the stupid stuff. It has a special place in my heart and you can clearly tell which robot is which.

Personally I hate the new trend in filming these days:
  • overdone CGI
  • Extreme Closeup
  • Camera shaking
  • too much lense flare

The new Star Trek movie suffered from above and made all of the space battles very unsatisfying to me. The same was true with the 1st Xformers movie and appears to be true with the latest as well.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
yup, very generous score on T1

hated the fact i had to watch it MULTIPLE times to understand what was going on.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
+1

Personally I hate the new trend in filming these days:
  • overdone CGI
  • Extreme Closeup
  • Camera shaking
  • too much lense flare

The new Star Trek movie suffered from above and made all of the space battles very unsatisfying to me. The same was true with the 1st Xformers movie and appears to be true with the latest as well.

Very much agree with that. I hate camera shaking and crappy overdone CGI.
I also hate the coloring they give to most films nowadaws, it doesn't look natural anymore, makes me sick. And I hate those bad cameramans that cannot focus properly.
The true good technical movies done properly are too few and are the exception.
There is so much crap out there, that it destroys the art of filmaking in it's true sense.
A real movie experience is one that touches the heart, the brains, the soul, and is a feast of joy for the eyes, plus a sense of pleasure from the aural delight.
And of course, with natural lighting, good acting, nice and clear cinematography, great sense of composition (visual and aural), consistent camera focus and sharpness, proper use of filters, natural paste, natural color palette, great closeups, great middle shots and great long shots, great musical scoring that match perfectly the movie that you're involved in, and the actors and actresses with, and just good overall experience from top to bottom.

But that's just me.

LOTR

Note: By the way, Extreme CloseUp a la Sergio Leone style, is fine by me.

Last edited:
MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Tough crowd tonight. I may see this more than once. Must have been good since Phil remembered more than just the hawt chick.:p

This changes everything... Now I can't WAIT to see the movie and add my own comic observations. It's no longer film... it's a train wreck - and I won't be able to take my eyes off it. This movie is going to spawn all sorts of new drinking games (too bad I hate beer). Drink when:

• you see a lens flare
  • Shea says something stupid
  • the autobots disappear for no reason
  • extraneous plot hole reveals itself
  • Megan does something slutty
  • robots fuel a racial stereotype

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis