Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I'm currently connected to the internet through the tethering feature on my phone.

Eagle River is NOT 3G.

So this... this is like dial-up... but worse. :eek:

Speaking of dial-up, which of you poor souls are still using it?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

Choose wisely because you just might be living with your decision for the next 15 years
... unlike Harald who hangs on to his new acquisitions for around 2 months. :eek: :D
So hard to type...laughing so hard... :D :D That Harald crack was priceless. Sorry, Harald - but, dang, we've all read it. :D

Hilarious! Darn my depleted rep. Many of you deserve more than a thanks, for sure. I'll have to get you all a bit later.

You make a good point about buying another DVD player. I like the SACD part of the Oppo because of Brothers in Arms (you originally mentioned it, I think). There's a part of me that is simply jonesing to hear that on SACD. I'm getting all revved up just thinking about right now.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
No, you need a Blu ray player.

Next question? :D
He's right you know.

What's the point of having a High Def TV w/o a blu-ray player?!

Just like Cable/Satellite... if you have that... you need to upgrade to the Hi-Def package.

And no more XBox/PS2... PS3 or Xbox 360 only.

:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just like Cable/Satellite... if you have that... you need to upgrade to the Hi-Def package.
Hee, hee, hee! Over-the-air for me, brother. More bandwidth than cable, but fewer channels. (In other words, I'm cheap. :D)

Eww, eww. I just thought of something. Erin Christiansen (local weather betty) in high def on a 50" screen. Oh, baby.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Hee, hee, hee! Over-the-air for me, brother. More bandwidth than cable, but fewer channels. (In other words, I'm cheap. :D)

Eww, eww. I just thought of something. Erin Christiansen (local weather betty) in high def on a 50" screen. Oh, baby.
That's not too bad then... at least most major OTA programming is in AT LEAST 480i... I know that the two major networks around here are hi def... (ABC is 720p, NBC -which I work for :D- is 1080i...)

Maybe you need to boycott for a new weather person? Maybe YOU can do the weather?

What do you engineer?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry. "Eww, eww..." was supposed to represent my excitement at realizing something. :eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, at least you said that before I bought something, unlike the plasma. :p
Yes but I was kidding before. I thought you knew that I was a rabid plasma fan. Funny, the stuff you pay attention to. Look at my sig. You know I have a Panny, right? I'm not just here for a good time you know. That sig represents some hard choices. But I push 1/2 the expense off on my g/f after I make those choices. There will be an Oppo in there one day. ;)

If you absolutely insist on wasting money on a player other than Blu ray, talk to PENG. He has an argument for some Toshiba that has great PQ or ask Markw for that link to the Denon DVD 1940 which does DVD-A and SACD for ~ $90. PENG's arguments are hard to resist because they are over my pay grade but I love my Denon.

Hard choices lay before you. All I can say is spend the money. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I knew that you were kidding. :) I appreciate all your comments and advice. Truly. It's great stuff.

Hard choices lay before you. All I can say is spend the money. :D
:D You always crack me up, man. I'll decide this weekend if I'm going to order a new DVD player or not. I might just wait and see how mine looks on the new screen. I've never used the 480p component video output before - maybe it's pretty good. I wasn't impressed at all with the multi-channel audio when I tried it about a month ago, but that might be my receiver. I do like how my DVD player is a five-disc changer, though. We'll see.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Even better when in motion.

[In reference to Adam's post.]
He's been on my ignore list for days due to the length of his location and my refusal to scroll on every page he posts on. I did however track that one post down to view the hottie.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
He's been on my ignore list for days due to the length of his location and my refusal to scroll on every page he posts on.
I can understand that. Too bad, though, IMO. His posts generally crack me up.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Sometimes... I send myself e-mails so I don't feel completely lame :p :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
His posts generally crack me up.
Yeah, me too, when his location isn't 6 miles long and he's not on my ignore list.
Maybe he'll shorten it up some after he gets done getting polluted.
You just know he's getting shattered ... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis