Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamie2112

Banned
I don't need an intervention I have already had 17 of them and they don't work man. I punched Betty Ford I kicked Father Martin and cut the brakes on Dr. Drews Land Rover............its just not for me....

Only users lose drugs.........:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh yeah, before buying either car I would get an estimate for a tune up (plugs, wires and air filter) and a new water pump installed. If that quote is a significant percentage of the vehicles asking price, run. ;)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Oh yeah, before buying either car I would get an estimate for a tune up (plugs, wires and air filter) and a new water pump installed. If that quote is a significant percentage of the vehicles asking price, run. ;)
I looked at the availability of online parts and prices and they don't seem too bad. There are even power upgrades for the turbo unit. From what I can tell from looking at the Saab owner's forums, the big issue will be the power top mechanism and it's related hydraulics. We'll go back on a day when it isn't raining and check out the top mechanism to see if it works perfectly.

The more I think about it, the more I like the low mileage '97.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The more I think about it, the more I like the low mileage '97.
100k fewer miles for $2500 does sound good. That's a seriously low mileage car too. Do they have any kind of warranty? Try to squeeze 90 days out of them. I'm sure it's a fun sporty car ... and the parts are reasonable. So how come I ain't got the warm fuzzies?

The thing is that with that kind of mileage and being a convertible, it might have been a summer car for somebody (no salt exposure). When you get to see the cars take a good look at the wear on the brake pedals. There should be a huge difference. That's how they did it in the old days. ;)

I hope it works out for you but I would never in a million years buy a Saab.
I don't even have a good reason, just a general foreboding.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder when I will get a life, now I'm just sitting here drinking coffe with the PC..... Perhaps this is what life there is..... :eek:
Wait for it...

Decided to fix lawnmower today coz it's broken now..... but instead ended up here, just posting and posting, hmmmmm not good....
I do that every weekend, but wait for it...

Don't judge me ... and Adam. :)
There it is!

------------

Whos your PA?
The first thing that entered my mind was...
PAB.......:D
:D

I really have to stop working so much. I'm missing all of the good stuff. There were over 70 posts in this thread alone to catch up on!

I think that I should get a brief respite next Thursday...and then maybe catch a breather in mid-June.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Adam!

I thought you had taken stock of your life and decided that this one particular thread was vortexing into a bloke hole of serious ginormity. So much has happened. Viziohead is back but he has forgotten all about me. Harald doesn't want his g/f anymore. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I'm amazed that you are able to put work before this. :D

Tomorrow I am off to buy another $20 rec'r. Supposedly it has mucho watts. I should be using my time for other more productive audio stuff but I am getting to muck around with stuff and I could never really do that with the stuff in the living room. Let me say it one more time ... stuff.

Oh yeah ... good night.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Good night, man! I'm just getting started...and everyone's leaving. :)

Amazing that I'd put work first, even though I was told (during my yearly enima...I mean, review) that I only work, "when it's convenient for Adam." My boss can eff off. I work my a** off when it's required, and it's never convenient. In fact, I'll be working this weekend...again. Oh, well. Better to be able to live with myself then to kiss a** and get ahead. At least that's what I tell myself every year when I don't get promoted. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I watched Taken tonight. The premise is very sad and disturbing to me. There were some scenes that really bothered me. Those scenes made me think back to Lilja 4-Ever, which was horribly disturbing to me.

Other than that, I enjoyed the movie. Some good action with some wicked vengeance. It's just the thought that this trafficing really happens (virtually never with a hero coming to the rescue) is sad and enraging.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm fading fast, so I'll wish you all a good night! Lack of sleep combined with having my first beer in a few days is getting to me. Later, everyone!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What the? Harald is up already? Heck, I had to stay awake long enough to say, "Hi!" :)

I hope that you have a great morning, Harald. I'll be back in about six hours.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
What the? Harald is up already? Heck, I had to stay awake long enough to say, "Hi!" :)

I hope that you have a great morning, Harald. I'll be back in about six hours.
Thanks Adam, Jamie, Vizionut, Alex, Dave, mperfct, res6jya6, Strongbadf1 for all the nice updates :cool:
Very interesting to read about your very interesting lives :p

I did the right thing, I waited for the lawnmower to fix itself... and guess what, my brother in law decided to come here and borrow me one :cool: so now I'm doing hard work here coz the lawn is huge !!

at 16:00 (in two hours from now) it's the football match of the year, local team "Brann" plays in the event of the year here, it's always like this on 16. May, the day before our national day... So today it's "Brann" - "Start"
Oh scary..... coz they haven't played well this year... won the lague two years ago, but last year and this year :eek::eek:

And enjoying my new Samurai status......

Listening to russian speaking on Skype next door, sounds like World war three......

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Enjoying my new Samurai status.

Listening to Russian.
It's high time you learned to use the blunt edge of your sword to bring about the kind of
national harmony that can only be achieved through an act of base lewdness and humiliation.

Remember Samurai, the blunt edge!
You don't want to poke anybodies eye out ...
... or slit 'em open any further than they already are. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis