Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I just want to apologize for the post the other night. I had a problem that concerns me very very much and still does. I really can not go into details about that. Let me just say its bad.
Not sure who said it but you are right "I am back" but will not be posting as much as before. I am glad that i am getting this off my chest. I feel better now, no mre ah posting withdraws:D Anyway I have "stuff and Things" to do tonight but will be around this weekend.

later
pb:D
Hey

Life is tough and sometimes things hit like there's no mercy.... things may strike you so hard it feels like being sucked into a black hole, but there's always light at the end of the tunnel.... First step is to decide for yourself that everything will be fine.... it's sometimes remarkable how much that helps....

I've really had my share of "things", but decided to get out of this and have a good life !

You will to.....

Good luck :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord

Yes, the Blue Heron2. I really like the way these look.
oh yes indeed, seen them in real life too, and believe me, they look even better in real life..... finish is just.... wow :cool:
I was very disappointed when I couldn't listen to them at the dealer...... went a long way to audition them, and he couldn't play on em :eek:

way different from my speakers, they are much smaller and not anything like those.....
If you look at drivers, this is ScanSpeak revelator tweeter and midrange and Scanspeak 6'5 woofers with carbon fibre membrane.... very very expensive and high quality drivers... and a cabinet as solid as a rock

And the black thing behind the baffle is to kill vibrations, sth like 3 layers of damping for baffle..... not a simple cabinet at all.....

The baffle is solid wood, finished like the finest furniture you may find anywhere......

If you add up cost of drivers, x-over and cabinet, it's hard to think how he could make money on those, perhaps that's why they went out of business.....

Last edited:
res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I just want to apologize for the post the other night. I had a problem that concerns me very very much and still does. I really can not go into details about that. Let me just say its bad.
Not sure who said it but you are right "I am back" but will not be posting as much as before. I am glad that i am getting this off my chest. I feel better now, no mre ah posting withdraws:D Anyway I have "stuff and Things" to do tonight but will be around this weekend.

later
pb:D
Yeah dude... go with the old saying -

Tune in.
Turn on.
Drop out.

Just - maybe not with the LSD :p

Don't let the negatives in life bum ya' out... Ying and Yang, man: the good will counteract the bad, and vice versa! Just go with the flow, and everything will be alright! :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
they look even better in real life..... finish is just.... wow :cool:
I'm going to guess that the finish is a water based urethane because of the absence of amber coloring.

I was very disappointed when I couldn't listen to them at the dealer...... went a long way to audition them, and he couldn't play on em :eek:
That must have gone up your @ss about a mile. From what I have learned here at AH there is no guarantee that they would sound great but based on all that mumbo jumbo about bias being a huge influence on perceived sound quality, these sound awesome before you fire them up. Why could these not be played for you? I hope you gave him your sternest look. :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I'm going to guess that the finish is a water based urethane because of the absence of amber coloring.
You're probably right, my speakers are some years old now and they don't change colors anywhere, just look very nice......

That must have gone up your @ss about a mile. From what I have learned here at AH there is no guarantee that they would sound great but based on all that mumbo jumbo about bias being a huge influence on perceived sound quality, these sound awesome before you fire them up. Why could these not be played for you? I hope you gave him your sternest look. :D
Biggest disappointment for a long time... I told him I came a long way ONLY to audition the BH2, and he disconnected them before I arrived and moved them away so they couldn't be auditioned :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I gave him my tiger look :mad:

Late now, need to go to bed......
Nighty all :D

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I'm watching That 70's Show...

"The foreign kid just ate something off the floor." :D

And holy crap... when did I hit 200 posts? I thought I was at like - 150? haha

Last edited:
UH Matt

UH Matt

Junior Audioholic
There hardly ever is anything good on, but we still pay so much for cable.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
We went for a drive in the rain and stopped to check out a pair of Saab convertibles at a local used car lot. I might get one. One is a 97 900SE 2.0T convertible with 80,000 miles for $5500. The other is a 96 900SE V6 convertible with 180,000 miles for $3000.

Any comments?

J

jamie2112

Banned
We went for a drive in the rain and stopped to check out a pair of Saab convertibles at a local used car lot. I might get one. One is a 97 900SE 2.0T convertible with 80,000 miles for $5500. The other is a 96 900SE V6 convertible with 180,000 miles for $3000.

Any comments?
I would go for the 97 myself.100,000 miles is worth $2500 to me.....Volvos are greta cars though.180,000 isn't that much for a well maintained Volvo.

J

jamie2112

Banned
My buddy went and got his tonsiles out this afternoon.Outpaitent now I had no idea.He is home and in no pain....amazing.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I am an idiot.......I ment Saab. I brain farted or something..sorry Dave ...NO BUY A VOLVO.......:eek::D I feel tupid
Don't worry about it. I just want to know what your intoxicant of choice is tonight.:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis