DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
OK, well if that is the case then there are definitely some issues. But before we criminalize the man, is it possible there is more to this story? When he took the payments, did he really intend to steal?
Some of these people made their payments a long, long time before he became "sick".

Six months? I'd like to know what valid reason there is for not either returning/reimbursing a customer's money or delivering the product...for six months?

What vindication could there be for leading the customers on with "it's on it's way" e-mails and other communications, for six months and never following through with the delivery of the product or reimbursement?

And this is not just one customer were talking about, here. This is a lot of people.

I'd rather give AV123 and MLS is the benfit of the doubt. But it's rather difficult when these situations exist and has been in existence for over six months. Furthermore, it's clear MLS has had these situations of taking money and not delivering product or reimbursement for six months and that he continued to accept and take payments from new customers, while several of these situations were already in play. Only to fullfill some of those orders (with sometimes blemished, damaged or inferior product which was not in-line with what the customers were told they were paying for) and default of other orders. Which screwed and hung out to dry....some more customers. New customers added to the already existing screwed catagory.

What vindication could there be for this practice?

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
" He has said in various posts that he will make good on every promise made - from product deliveries to refunds. "

He's said a lot of things when he was in the process of screwing people. Why would his words mean a damn thing, now?

MLS and AV123 are trying to use his "health issues" as the excuse and lubrication to save their's and Mark's collective reputations and their own butts. But a majority of these screw jobs pre-date his "health issues".

And his posts about how he's getting " support " and they're standing " Shoulder-'To-Shoulder " just comes off as arrogant, insensitive, negligent and a big middle finger to everyone he's swindled and still waiting for their money or ...cough...cough...product.

It's an embarrassment.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Sort of OT, but sort of not; does anyone know what's going on over there? I've owned a number of AV123 products, and currently do (though the Ref 1's aren't sold by them anymore) and keep up with them via the forums. But a number of things are weird. Their forums have been down for what seems like a month and a half. And, for approximately 6 months now, I've watched the "word of mouth" credibility they had built up deteriorate rapidly. It was almost like the forums changed overnight. I remember posts of joy and excitement almost across the board turn to post after post of angry customers. It was dramatic, the change. Anyone know (cliff's notes version) what's going on? I've read some about an illness...but surely one man does not make an entire operation...does it? What's the contingency plan? Who's steering the ship in his absence? Sounds like there's a lot of upset people out there, and not a lot of information coming from the company. It's like a black hole now. Really a bummer to see what's transpired, the rapid change from a really well-respected ID company to, well, who knows.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
" He has said in various posts that he will make good on every promise made - from product deliveries to refunds. "

He's said a lot of things when he was in the process of screwing people. Why would his words mean a damn thing, now?

MLS and AV123 are trying to use his "health issues" as the excuse and lubrication to save their's and Mark's collective reputations and their own butts. But a majority of these screw jobs pre-date his "health issues".

And his posts about how he's getting " support " and they're standing " Shoulder-'To-Shoulder " just comes off as arrogant, insensitive, negligent and a big middle finger to everyone he's swindled and still waiting for their money or ...cough...cough...product.

It's an embarrassment.
Please do me a favor. The next time you decide to quote me, do so accurately.

It may take some intelligence to follow this, but if you try REALLY hard, maybe you can manage it.

I never suggested that one should take his word for anything.

I merely reported to Clint some basics ... can you point out something I said that is not true ?

Take your time. Take some meds if it helps ... then get back to me. :D

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
While I agree that is is spiraling out of control, I did not ask for what has happened on my forum to be brought here.

As what happened on my forum WAS brought here, and done so in a pretty dishonest way, it was prudent to post the truth in regards to this banning.

If the mods wish to remove mhawker's post that got me here in the first place, I will be happy to see mine also removed.
I'm not pissed at you. MLS seems to be following the example of a few companies. I wonder if he can get a bailout?

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Please do me a favor. The next time you decide to quote me, do so accurately.

It may take some intelligence to follow this, but if you try REALLY hard, maybe you can manage it.

I never suggested that one should take his word for anything.

I merely reported to Clint some basics ... can you point out something I said that is not true ?

Take your time. Take some meds if it helps ... then get back to me. :D
Yeah, that was totally uncalled for. I copy and pasted what you typed and I completely understood that it was you basically relaying what MLS had said.

Nor was I targeting my comments at you or attacking you. May want to take some of your own advice, here.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
I'm not pissed at you. MLS seems to be following the example of a few companies. I wonder if he can get a bailout?
I have this picture of Barney Frank making deliveries of LS-9's.

It is NOT a great image. :eek:

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, that was totally uncalled for. I copy and pasted what you typed and I completely understood that it was you basically relaying what MLS had said.

Nor was I targeting my comments at you or attacking you. May want to take some of your own advice, here.
Apparently, this is confusing you. This is what I said ...

craigsub said:
Clint - MLS has put himself into a pretty difficult position (that was an understatement).

He has said in various posts that he will make good on every promise made - from product deliveries to refunds.

If he does, even though people will have had to suffer through a lot of unneeded delays, at least each was eventually the recipient of all he or she was owed.

The fear is he cannot (or will not) do so ... and all anyone who is owed product or money can do (for now) is wait.

The frustration people feel is pretty understandable.
This is what you copy/pasted

thepartTjMV3wantsyoutosee said:
He has said in various posts that he will make good on every promise made - from product deliveries to refunds.
If one reads the post in its entirety, it has quite the different meaning than that one sentence taken on its own.

Allow a small demonstration using your own post #85 ...

partofwhatTjMV3said said:
I'd rather give AV123 and MLS is the benfit of the doubt.
Do you think this one sentence accurately portrays what your post said in its entirety ?

;)

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
Can I plead the 5th?????

Ok, it's Raffle boy checking in... :eek:

I won't say what I truly want to say, but I will say this. While I truly believe Mark's intentions are to fulfill each and every obligation as promised, I fear that due to all of the "stuff" that has happened as of late, it might simply not be in the cards.

Here is my take on it and I could be waaay off base here...

I truly do NOT believe Mark to be a thief and a liar. Quite the contrary. It is my belief that Mark truly wants and needs to deliver each and every one of the products that were promised you. From my dealings with him, I sense that it's just his nature.

"Ok, theory time here." The problems with communication and the issuance of refunds could quite possibly be a tactic(not intended to be harmful) to make you "hold out" until such a time when Mark can actually deliver on said product, thereby NOT breaking his origional promise to you as a customer. In his mind, he may believe this to be the right thing to do. Deliver on his promise, no matter the price, the timeline or the inconvenience. Again, it's a theroy. :confused:

Bottom line... I love the man and I truly believe that Mark wants’ to make things right for everyone, but at what cost, to us and to him.

W

Winterweary

Audiophyte
Ok, it's Raffle boy checking in... :eek:

I won't say what I truly want to say, but I will say this. While I truly believe Mark's intentions are to fulfill each and every obligation as promised, I fear that due to all of the "stuff" that has happened as of late, it might simply not be in the cards.

Here is my take on it and I could be waaay off base here...

I truly do NOT believe Mark to be a thief and a liar. Quite the contrary. It is my belief that Mark truly wants and needs to deliver each and every one of the products that were promised you. From my dealings with him, I sense that it's just his nature.

"Ok, theory time here." The problems with communication and the issuance of refunds could quite possibly be a tactic(not intended to be harmful) to make you "hold out" until such a time when Mark can actually deliver on said product, thereby NOT breaking his origional promise to you as a customer. In his mind, he may believe this to be the right thing to do. Deliver on his promise, no matter the price, the timeline or the inconvenience. Again, it's a theroy. :confused:

Bottom line... I love the man and I truly believe that Mark wants’ to make things right for everyone, but at what cost, to us and to him.
Dwayland,

On other boards, it has been alleged that Mark did not pay you all proceeds that were received in the raffles for your child's healthcare costs. Can you confirm that you received all proceeds that you were supposed to receive?

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
I say again, can I plead the 5th???

Dwayland,

On other boards, it has been alleged that Mark did not pay you all proceeds that were received in the raffles for your child's healthcare costs. Can you confirm that you received all proceeds that you were supposed to receive?
Now that is what I call a direct question and truly a difficult one for me to answer publicly. I will say this... Mark knows what he needs to do(we have talked) and I full well believe that he will deliver on his promise to me, to us. I may have my rose colored glasses on, but I still have faith in Man and MLS, the man.

I have no inention of adding to the fray as he HAS done a great deal for my spirit during tough times and for my daughter personally, i.e. her very own room theater. He has also helped to introduce many of you to me and for that I am truly gratefull.

I guess I'm just a nice guy. I just hope I don't finish last this time...

jinjuku

jinjuku

I don't have a horse in this race, but...

AV123 is totally capable of posting a response in these various forums. Monster Cable has, so has Elemental Designs (and I am sure others).

I think it is actually a negative for AV123 that:

1. They aren't here refuting these claims
2. They aren't here dispelling the rumors that have cropped up
3. They aren't here saying 'mea cupla' and making good on it

I have read enough about the missing LS series. I can understand why there would be some pissed off folks out there.

What is going on with AV123 doesn't pass the sniff test. If you're MLS, and you're transacting business on the AV123 forums as a private transaction? Boy that REALLY doesn't add up.

W

Winterweary

Audiophyte
Now that is what I call a direct question and truly a difficult one for me to answer publicly. I will say this... Mark knows what he needs to do(we have talked) and I full well believe that he will deliver on his promise to me, to us. I may have my rose colored glasses on, but I still have faith in Man and MLS, the man.

I have no inention of adding to the fray as he HAS done a great deal for my spirit during tough times and for my daughter personally, i.e. her very own room theater. He has also helped to introduce many of you to me and for that I am truly gratefull.

Dwayland,

I truly hope you receive very soon everything that you were supposed to receive. You have faced with grace, and have overcome, a lot of challenges that most of us will never have to face. This situation is very sad, and very disappointing, both for you and for the people who thought that they were helping out by participating in the raffle. I commend you for your positive outlook under the circumstances. I know that I would not be as forgiving.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
craigsub, it wasn't my intention to mislead through partial copy and paste.

I was just trying to make a point in regards to what MLS said. Not what you said. Again, it wasn't about waht you said.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
From all appearances they are now in a position where they are (or have been) taking people's money and not delivering products. That's why there is a lot of "hate" and that is why people who have had positive experiences in the past don't offer much to the current discussion. Hint, hint.

The "Mark is sick" argument simply doesn't hold water. AV123 has never been a one-person company and it takes approximately 60 seconds to do a successful chargeback.

Simple question: has ANYONE ordered and received an AV123 product in the past 30-60 days? Anyone? If so, post here and let's get some sort of idea if they are completely out of business or not, which products are shipping, which are not, etc. It may be that they are taking orders on everything but only emptying out their current inventory.

We don't know. But the bottom line is it doesn't pass the smell test.
It hasn't passed the smell test in a long time. The difference then was the forum was open and if anyone posted anything negative about their own experience, fanboys jumped all over them. What i didn't understand was people demanding an update, and being placated by the promise of future update that never came. Repeat.

Maybe i'm in the minority, but i simply DON'T CARE who the president of the company is, what his dog's name is, or what the score of the soccer game last night was. Nor do i care about internal logistical problems that arise out of mismanagement or bad decisions, which in this case there are many. I simply want to order my product, pay for my product, and receive a working product and think about it as little as possible.

Last edited:
R

rseynaev

Enthusiast

I am so sorry to hear this. I can't possibly fathom what is going on with MLS that he wouldn't be delivering especially on his commitments like this. I just counted how much money over the years I've donated to AV123 Raffles and all the good I really hoped it did. It really saddens me to tell myself I won't help like this no more (at least through MLS). :(

I truly hope Mark lives up to his promises and delivers everything to everyone.

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
I am so sorry to hear this. I can't possibly fathom what is going on with MLS that he wouldn't be delivering especially on his commitments like this. I just counted how much money over the years I've donated to AV123 Raffles and all the good I really hoped it did. It really saddens me to tell myself I won't help like this no more (at least through MLS). :(

I truly hope Mark lives up to his promises and delivers everything to everyone.
Mark HAS indeed helped us out financially, through the raffles. Is there more yet to be delivered? Yes, but I want to make this very clear, Mark HAS indeed sent raffle money our way so please don't think for one second that you did not help. The care and support you all have shown me/us over the past couple of years has simply blown us all away and I am not even talking about the money aspect of it.

I am being very, very patient, that's all. (Well, accept for those few emails to Uncle Craigsub that is.):eek:;) What a truly wonderfull man... Times are tough all over, for everyone. The way I see it, if I had never been introduced to Mark or AV123 I would have had to figure out how to make it on my own anyways, so any financial assistance gained by way of the AV123 raffles has been a blessing, but I have never counted on it to get by.

I never really intended on talking about this publicly, but when I am asked such a specific and direct question, I feel the need to respond. My lack of a responce could further introduce speculation. Again, I do not want to add fuel to the fire.

Last edited:
T

tomca1710

Audiophyte
Mark HAS indeed helped us out financially, through the raffles. Is there more yet to be delivered? Yes, but I want to make this very clear, Mark HAS indeed sent raffle money our way so please don't think for one second that you did not help. The care and support you all have shown me/us over the past couple of years has simply blown us all away and I am not even talking about the money aspect of it.

I am being very, very patient, that's all. (Well, accept for those few emails to Uncle Craigsub that is.):eek:;) What a truly wonderfull man... Times are tough all over, for everyone. The way I see it, if I had never been introduced to Mark or AV123 I would have had to figure out how to make it on my own anyways, so any financial assistance gained by way of the AV123 raffles has been a blessing, but I have never counted on it to get by.

I never really intended on talking about this publicly, but when I am asked such a specific and direct question, I feel the need to respond. My lack of a responce could further introduce speculation. Again, I do not want to add fuel to the fire.
Hi - I don't post often, but have happily participated in a few of the raffles. I really find it disgraceful that MLS would take our money that we contributed to help with your expenses. That is NOT his money and we all contributed in good faith that you would receive it. The fact that he does not hold the raffles is illegal, but that is another story.

Could a possible option be to contest a PayPal payment to MLS and send the money directly to you? Maybe there is at least one situation that we can make better on our own.

I have nothing against MLS or AV123 and am a happy owner of their products, but this is not right.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I'm not saying that folks are making stuff up...I think there is definitely something fishy going on with AV123 lately...but it just seems like there is a lot of new members that have been taken by Mark. Is there any way we can really confirm that all of this stuff has happened the way the folks are saying it? I mean, I could create a new alias and say Mark took me for millions. This is the internet we are dealing with and it is easy to slander but hard to confirm anything.

Oh, and from what I have read in this thread so far, it sounds like AV123 is doing just fine...it's MLS that is screwing people over. So far I haven't heard one complaint that was really tied to the official AV123 company. Granted, folks are mad at AV123 for not fixing their problems with Mark, but I have to agree with AV123 that they don't have a role to play in any dealings between an individual and Mark himself.

This post will probably tick a few folks off, but heck, I have my opinion so I decided to share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis