DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.

padd54

Audiophyte
...Stereophile just did a speaker review on a pair of AV123 monitor speakers.:D

I didn't even read it because I guess I didn't even care.:D
And it was of speakers AV123 can no longer sell. Onix has severed ties with AV123. I have heard due to financial reasons.

JimmyTango

JimmyTango

Audioholic Intern
And it was of speakers AV123 can no longer sell. Onix has severed ties with AV123. I have heard due to financial reasons.
From what i understand MLS owned 50% of Onix in the US.

Mr Pu(business partner in China) owns the actual brand Onix. Mr Pu sold Onix to another company, which MLS gave his consent to. This closed out AV123 being the seller of the Onix brand here in the US.

M

madpoet

Audiophyte
I wanted to post an update that Mark and I have reached an agreement to settle the issue. I am satisfied with the outcome and hope that everyone who is owed is made whole.

Thanks,
Paul

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I wanted to post an update that Mark and I have reached an agreement to settle the issue. I am satisfied with the outcome and hope that everyone who is owed is made whole.

Thanks,
Paul
That is great news. I'm glad to hear things worked out for you. However, since you recently have been in touch with MLS, maybe you can clear up the legitimacy of these accusations around here that are being directed at him? Now that your situation is all done and handled do you still feel that you were wronged or was there really a legitimate reason for MLS to put you in this tough situation? Perhaps this was his first opportunity to make things right? Just wondering.

M

madpoet

Audiophyte
I only know what he told me. I think he personally has some money issues. Do I still feel I was wronged? Yes. It's been resolved though. I don't have a ton of details, he promised more communication soon.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
Ultimately I am just glad it worked out for you. It was just a curiousity thing for me. I hope everybody else has a happy ending too.

funked up

funked up

Audioholic
Wow, I just spent an hour reading through all of these posts. I bought three c-xs speakers from av-123 last year. The transaction was smooth and professional, but after reading this I have to say that I will never buy another product from them. To intentionally or unintentionally steal someones money makes no difference, the result is the same and it is wrong. What MLS has done is unethical at best and criminal at worse. He should be held accountable and only those who have been wronged can make sure that he is. Good luck to all in this situation.

Joeteck

Joeteck

Audioholic
That's the same as robbing a bank and saying I'm sorry without any remorse or punishment... I guess the guilt set in, and how much bad publicity it gave him...no doubt this MLS is an A-hole! And I never shopped there in my life, but you just don't do this kind of business no matter what the circumstances are!

Joe

Last edited:
C

cantabridge

Audiophyte
Lucky

Glad I stumbled across this thread. I was about to make an order for 850s using my visa card. At best the owner is unreliable - thats enough to send me in another direction. Which direction is the question.....

B

BoB/335

Junior Audioholic
Glad I stumbled across this thread. I was about to make an order for 850s using my visa card. At best the owner is unreliable - thats enough to send me in another direction. Which direction is the question.....
Look into Salk Song Towers

S

SimpleSetup

Audiophyte
I was looking to buy one of their subs also but would definitely hold for now. If this thing is happening in my part of town, I'll have the local media troubleshooter do some investigation so the truth may come out.

G

geekinthehood

Audioholic Intern
The impression I get (and I've read every thread I can find on them) is that you're okay ordering something they've got in stock. The ELTs are a good example. I heard 3rd hand, but from a reliable 2nd hand source, that they've got lots of ELTs in stock, and more coming. That's a great speaker, and they have an unbelievable 5.0 deal on now. I like the ELT tower so much that I ordered a pair for myself a few months ago, despite the fact that I also have LS9s on order. The ELTs got here in about a week, and I can't believe how good they sound for the price and size. It's not all doom-and-gloom at AV123. There are a few people - myself among them - who have some very real concerns about certain product lines (mainly pre-orders) or deals, and the lack of information or response we seem to be getting. On the other hand, I've heard reports from people who have ordered from AV123 in the last few weeks and received their orders in good condition and good time. I don't think you can go wrong with their Rockets or ELTs. That's their bread-and-butter. They're proven lines, and AV123 just cranks them out. That's my 2 cents.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I read it and they really likes the speakers.

I was thinking to myself....self....these would be good if you could actually get them...
...Stereophile just did a speaker review on a pair of AV123 monitor speakers.:D

I didn't even read it because I guess I didn't even care.:D

The impression I get (and I've read every thread I can find on them) is that you're okay ordering something they've got in stock.
And yet why would you want to...? And how can you trust what they say regarding what's in stock?

I can think of some analogies, but they'd all get me in trouble.

Until they resolve their issues our recommendation is to stay away. There are far too many customers who should be serviced with a 30 second refund tap on the merchant processing software. Instead they continue to drag things out.

It's unconscionable, illegal and completely unacceptable. I don't care what your past is.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
And yet why would you want to...? And how can you trust what they say regarding what's in stock?

I can think of some analogies, but they'd all get me in trouble.

Until they resolve their issues our recommendation is to stay away. There are far too many customers who should be serviced with a 30 second refund tap on the merchant processing software. Instead they continue to drag things out.

It's unconscionable, illegal and completely unacceptable. I don't care what your past is.

Why AV123/Mark would not want to solve these serious problems immediately makes me wonder. They must realize the longer this drags on the worse it is for the future of AV123. Very strange things going on indeed.:eek:

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Why AV123/Mark would not want to solve these serious problems immediately makes me wonder. They must realize the longer this drags on the worse it is for the future of AV123. Very strange things going on indeed.:eek:
&

To offer my bit of input, what drives a lot of businesses out of business is cash flow. Basically, what I think is happening here is that they are so broke, they need the next guys money to build the speaker orders they have. So, they don't refund the money when stuff is out of stock because they need that money to pay for the order they are building now.

I agree that it is unacceptable, but, that's just my speculation of what is happening here based on the stories I've read in this thread.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
&

To offer my bit of input, what drives a lot of businesses out of business is cash flow. Basically, what I think is happening here is that they are so broke, they need the next guys money to build the speaker orders they have. So, they don't refund the money when stuff is out of stock because they need that money to pay for the order they are building now.

I agree that it is unacceptable, but, that's just my speculation of what is happening here based on the stories I've read in this thread.
Your speculation looks more and more like reality there can truly be no other explanation there is definitely a shortage of monies to fulfill and or refund so it can play out for quite a while as long as they continue to accept new orders.True enthusiasts need to stop sending these people money until they offer up a plan of fulfillment to those in waiting.Surely they can grab their backbone and come clean with everybody after all they would be talking to the same people that got them on their way in the beginning so these people just deserve answers..Well Speak Up AV123...

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
&

Excellent point MidnightSensi! I think you really nailed here. Your point also fits in with why the do all of their "deals" :rolleyes: with giftcards for the amount of the product instead of just a pre-order :rolleyes: which have a stipulation involved which state no cash refunds. You either have to wait for the product or use the value of the giftcard for another product. Everything is making more sense now:eek:.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
&
Basically, what I think is happening here is that they are so broke, they need the next guys money to build the speaker orders they have. So, they don't refund the money when stuff is out of stock because they need that money to pay for the order they are building now.
This is a Ponzi scheme and what got Madoff into trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis