Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
How come they're not called outlaws?

Nuh-uh, no way you just said your dog has a yeast infection.

The homes I expect to see today are borderline mansions from what I gather. The woodwork in them will have been done without the benefit of power tools. The species for the most part are no longer available as lumber. I'm expecting to see some old growth mahogany lumber amongst other things. Farmed trees produce lumber with large annular rings that lend themselves to neither beauty nor strength.

IIRC less than 4% of America's forests are old growth so seeing any new furniture or moldings made from it is unlikely. I have bought a few pieces of Tiger Maple on eBay for $25-$30 a piece to incorporate into my computer desk. My monitor sits on a 6"x12"x7/8" unfinished piece that has bark on one edge.

Even though I'm interested in this stuff I realize that for most people this is only slightly more interesting than golf ball technology. I have a book called What Wood Is That. It has samples of veneers from 40 species used for lumber.

Have I put the membership into a Borg sleep state? :D
Thx Alex.... What an incredibly boring post.... :eek:

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I was snooping around THX's website. Anyways, long story short, here is the URL to the directory they store all their online trailer videos. Go there and right click, save as the ones you want.

http://www.thx.com/cinema/trailers/wmv/

Those look EXACTLY like my old Sapphire audio ST-2 speakers......
They probably knocked them off.

There are some seriously cheap speakers on that website.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nuh-uh, no way you just said your dog has a yeast infection.
Yuh-huh. It's been almost six months now. Can't kill those little buggers. Maybe I should make bread like Jamie suggested.

"Hey, is this Honey Wheat bread?"

"Uh, sure. Sounds good to me."

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just got done sealing the exposed grout. Whew. In the process, I also reconnected the washing machine and dryer, seeing as how the installer screwed that up.

I was hoping to start painting today, but no dice. My new carpet comes next Friday, and I'm working solid all next week. I gotta make some serious progress on the walls tomorrow.

The great news is that I have now opened up a lot of the tiled area to the pooch, with all of it being available later tonight or tomorrow morning. She should be real happy about that.

That spray on sealer is the shizzle. Soooo easy. Although, with all the fumes, I can't see straight. Oh, well. I didn't really need that optical function anyway.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got a free stand for 3-liter boxes of wine (the square ones, anyway), so I got my first box of wine a couple of days ago. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have purchased something that can dispense three liters of wine from a convenient spout. ;)

The alcohol combined with the fumes from the grout sealer are really doing a number on me.

Matt34

Matt34

Katie had the hiccups but as soon as I got the camera turned on they went away....so this is my boring contribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I got a free stand for 3-liter boxes of wine (the square ones, anyway), so I got my first box of wine a couple of days ago. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have purchased something that can dispense three liters of wine from a convenient spout. ;)

The alcohol combined with the fumes from the grout sealer are really doing a number on me.
Please be careful, those fumes are probably formaldehyde, a registered carcinogen. Stay away while they offgas.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Please be careful, those fumes are probably formaldehyde, a registered carcinogen. Stay away while they offgas.
Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I had several windows open, so it dissipated fairly quickly. Just a pretty strong effect when I was in the zone sealing everything. Hopefully the pooch didn't get much from it.

The sealing was done just in time, as it turns out. It's pretty wet here today, and we walk over the tile to go outside. I'll have to get the pooch to walk out on the tile today - she's still leary, given that I've had it blocked off since Monday.

G

GZA

Junior Audioholic
The water lines in my house are frozen and we have no water

and my blu ray player stopped working.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The water lines in my house are frozen and we have no water

and my blu ray player stopped working.
That is one bad day!

Seriously, I hope that your water lines didn't burst. That is no fun at all.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I have spent all day working on house, inside, outside.... :eek::eek::eek:

And I don't even have time to be boring, like posting around here like I used to.... Of course there's a lady behind that :D:D:D:D

I don't even have time to get into facbook.........

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I gotta get off my keister and start prepping to paint where the new carpet is going in on Friday. I've spent the day so far getting the tiled area back to normal. There's been more clean up than I had imagined. I fear that I'm going to run out of time to paint.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Seems like more and more people have been using "Invisible Mode" these past two or three months.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I gotta get off my keister and start prepping to paint where the new carpet is going in on Friday.
Wait till the carpet is done before you paint.
They are gonna mess your walls up too.
Paint goes last. ;)

I was in the house of the guy who invented the Colt Revolver today. :)
I saw and heard a Steinway piano play the theme to The Titanic.
Now I'm off to hang out with the outlaws. :D
Maybe boring to you but I'm diggin' it. :p

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I gotta get off my keister and start prepping to paint where the new carpet is going in on Friday. I've spent the day so far getting the tiled area back to normal. There's been more clean up than I had imagined. I fear that I'm going to run out of time to paint.
Wow Adam...... still not done painting..... I feel for you
I don't like painting too ;)

Very good luck with this, mate.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis