Car modding/projects thread!

Matt34

Matt34

I'm a car nut. I ended up selling my car a while ago, just because I wasn't in the financial position to keep up with it. Hopefully in a little bit I can pick something up again.

331 Stroker, A4 race block, pretty much full tilt to support a T76 turbo.

Went in here:

New front suspension to match the rear that was already in there:

What fun is a sleeper without a little bit of cockyness?
Looks slow.

:p

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
I'll let the pics speak.

:/ Motor+Transmission.... oil soaked and yet still rusty. Must be a VW thing :D

Bay... not quite clean yet....

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Somehow broke a P/S line.... thing was too old and rusty I suppose... also lost clutch and speedo cable along the way....

Waiting for summer to get a new top installed.

Got a powder coat oven, let's take a look:

Almost too nice for powdercoating..... :/

CONVECTION powah....

Easily holds the manifold :D ;)

I'll need a new set of speakers apparently...... damn. :down:

Matt34

Matt34

Got my new wheels today! Now just waiting to hear back from Discount Tire Direct on some tires. The Microsoft live cashback thing is the shiznit.;)

20x9 Liquid Metal Gatlins.

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

Flat FTW! What size tires you looking at?
305/55/20

I know Nitto has them in that size but they are $$$$. I'm looking at the Cooper LTZ which has very similar tread pattern.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
This LP frame is my idea of an extensive car modification.
:D

If it takes more than a few turns of a screwdriver, it's too much work.
:eek:

I prefer to support the mechanics!! They have kids too feed ya know!!

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall

I'll need a new set of speakers apparently...... damn. :down:
Naww.... heck no!!

You can have the foam surrounds redone for practically nothing and they'll be good as new!! Those are classic infinities man....what were you thinking?:p

DonBattles

DonBattles

Audioholic

Well I swore to my wife I would not touch this but I guess I'm a liar....

The day I drove it home.

In the future I'll install some Mina Gallery mufflers and 20" wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a car nut. I ended up selling my car a while ago, just because I wasn't in the financial position to keep up with it. Hopefully in a little bit I can pick something up again.

331 Stroker, A4 race block, pretty much full tilt to support a T76 turbo.

New front suspension to match the rear that was already in there:
Nice. When I saw the AFR heads, I knew it had to be a Mustang before scrolling down. I like the MM K-member. I've been planning on getting one for my 95 for a while now. I'll probably get one when I finally get around to putting a new engine in it. I'm thinking of doing a 331.

I almost bought a new Mustang CS when I was home for X-mas, but they couldn't get the payments as low as I wanted. Plus they only offered me $3,000 for the 95. :rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Here's one that Sheep might appreciate. "New" seats:

Very rare two tone Integra seats in very good condition. I got lucky to find them, but had to outbid another guy for them.

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
Worked on the Saab today. Cleared the corners, took the black paint off the intercooler grill, installed the SMBC, and added a europlate I had laying around.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Here's one that Sheep might appreciate. "New"

Very rare two tone Integra seats in very good condition. I got lucky to find them, but had to outbid another guy for them.
+1 for the seats.
-1 for the seat belts.

I can't stand US seat belts. In my EF they're in the door, and NEVER recoil back fully. People close the door not knowing this and it makes the worst metal on metal sound from the buckle. Unfortunately, door swaps are complicated and I still need my new engine.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
+1 for the seats.
-1 for the seat belts.

I can't stand US seat belts. In my EF they're in the door, and NEVER recoil back fully. People close the door not knowing this and it makes the worst metal on metal sound from the buckle. Unfortunately, door swaps are complicated and I still need my new engine.

SheepStar
I know a couple of places where I can get the Canadian belt swap (non-automatic) but it also requires a number of changed or modified trim pieces - unfortunately one is the entire rear side panel. I don't really like the automatic belts either, but if you notice, the lap belts are properly attached to the seats as they should be so that they do not get closed in the door - these seats have the little clasps that hold them on; my driver's side did also, but my passenger's broke last year. When removing them I found that this piece can easily be replaced, so I will likely replace them on my former seats before I sell them.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Haven't modded this baby yet. Just got her last night. But Magnaflow exhaust is coming soon, then rims and tires. I might do some suspension stuff, but I'm surprised how nice she handles with the stock equipment.

Matt34

Matt34

Finally got to order my tires for the new rims. I'm scheduled to get them installed on Tuesday.

Cooper Zeon LTZ in 305/55/20:

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
That's the same red used on my Daytona Iroc RT valve cover. Dodges are very fun to play with. How about 700hp out of a 2.2 (well not really it was a 2.6 when I was done with it) but very fun.

Got it installed today along with the 180 degree thermostat.

This pic you can also see the upper solid motor mount that I installed to help with wheel hop.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't modded this baby yet. Just got her last night. But Magnaflow exhaust is coming soon, then rims and tires. I might do some suspension stuff, but I'm surprised how nice she handles with the stock equipment.

Nice man, but didn't you have a Cobra motor in the former one? Is this a GT or what?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis